main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Ewoks Movies: Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth-Horax, Feb 27, 2003.

1. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I was hoping that by this time we'd know about them getting released on DVD what with the OT set due this September. I really thought it would be a great way for me to introduce SW to my little girl.

2. The_Battle_For_Endor

The_Battle_For_Endor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Got BOE on my PC the ither week. Haven't seen it for years. Trying to get the first one cos i haven't seen that one. BOE is the best.

3. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    - Ewoks and Droids on DVD -- At the end of 2004, Lucasfilm and
    20th Century Fox Home Video will release the 1980s Saturday
    morning animated adventures of Ewoks and Droids, as well as
    the live-action television movies The Ewok Adventure and Ewoks:
    The Battle for Endor.

Like, awesome. :D

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Hopefully in time for X-mas!

5. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    i dont believe this. why did i go to the movies to see the ewok movies? if they were on tv. i remember them coming to tv later. but i recall seeing them at the movies. anyone else remember this?

btw im 32yrs old so i was alive in the 80's.

edit. by the way, that girl was very good and the two ewoks movies are classics. they are wonderful.

6. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Never released theatrically. Not in the USA, anyway. I saw them both when they premiered on television. The year was what, 85, and the network was ABC, I believe. Even as a kid, I was pretty disappointed in Caravan of Courage: The Ewok Adventure. But Battle for Endor was far superior. Enjoyed that one quite a bit. Actually look forward to getting it on DVD.

7. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I personally enjoyed both of them. Battle for Endor was the best but The Ewok Adventure was cool too, especially for a kid. I want to buy them just because I want my kids to be able to enjoy them some day.

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    [image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers4/starwarsewokmoviesdoubledvd.jpg]

DVD street date: 11/23

9. starwars3833

starwars3833 Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2004
    I'm buying that, the ewok cartoon, and the droid cartoons all the day they come out. Does anyone know if there will be a release of all of the ewok and droid cartoon episodes?¿ :confused:

10. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    It's out on DVD now! :)

11. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Thats not the cover this is

[image=http://img131.exs.cx/img131/7554/cover5ho.jpg]

Indy3

12. Bwahl-the-Hutt

Bwahl-the-Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    I introduced this to my 7 year old daughter, with the DVD, only $10 at Kmart. She loved them. Now that some of we SW fans have kids of our own, this was a good time to release the films. They are not as bad as the Holiday Special at all. They are just very wholesome and corny. Still, I wonder why they had the entire family except the girl die? A bit traumatic, but Cindel bounced back quickly once she had her Teddy Bear Wicket in hand. I kept expecting the Wilfred Brimly character to offer Oat Bran to help the constipated looking Marauder King become more regular.

The Ewoks are what make the films enjoyable. They are just as plucky and resourceful as they are in ROTJ. I often think they sound swedish, which makes them even more offbeat to me. The Ewoks are a bit too cute though, and I wish they had been designed to look different than they do, but I reccommend the films to any fan of ROTJ. You get a much wider view of the Moon environment, and a better understanding of the Ewok culture.

13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Swedish?! Aahahaha!
    Thanks, that made my day [face_laugh]

Sorry to bring up an old topic :p

14. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    What is the quality like of the DVD transfer, and are there any special features?

15. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    The quality's very good. Not as sharp as the trilogy DVDs, but then what is? No extras I'm afraid though. none whatsoever. [face_plain]

You'd think this would have been in ideal vehicle for Return of the Ewok, but no. tch.

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    Thanks Blackout, I will have to buy these to replace my VHS copies.
    I saw Return of the Ewok at a convention once, Warrick Davies brought his copy to show us! Don't know if you know this but in the Trilogy DVD blooper reel the bit with Wicket and Boba Fett on the Death Star is a clip from Return of the Ewok.

17. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Yeah, I thought it would have been a nice easter egg on the RotJ DVD, alas no. Then it's not on the Ewok DVD either :_|

I guess Warwick's not ready to let it out of his grip just yet. Fair enough ;)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

18. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

For the record, "Caravan of Courage" was a TV movie that was released in the Fall of 1984. "The Battle for Endor" was released in the Fall of 1985, also on T.V. (at least in the U.S.)

Surprisingly, even though I don't like the Ewoks at all in ROTJ, I actually enjoy these two Ewok movies. I consider them more fantasy than science fiction, and I think the Ewoks fit more into a fantasy setting than in the sci-fi ROTJ setting.

I remember seeing these two TV films when they first came out, and then again later on VHS. After not having seen them for years, I'm watching them again on DVD, and am amazed at the clarity of the picture - very impressive. They really cleaned these up for the DVD release.

"The Caravan of Courage" is the slower of the two, and features some of the most consistently bad acting I've ever seen in a TV show/movie. However, the story is interesting, and it was cool to see the various monsters that populated the moon of Endor. The creature in the tree, the giant Gorax, the boar-like creature, the glow-in-the dark firefly creatures, etc. were all well-done, given the special effects limitations of the time.

"The Battle of Endor", was much, much better and featured a more compelling storyline. The traumatic death of Cindel's brother and parents really set the tone for the film, and I really enjoyed the fantasy elements of the transforming witch, the white horse, etc. The Marauders were especially good monsters, and the characters of Noah and Teek were also a welcome addition.

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. Chabacca2332

Chabacca2332 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    I just went to target and saw that they have re-released the ewok movies one DVD both movies "Caravan of Courage" and "The Battle for Endor" for 9.99. Its odd watching these movies now, i remember watching them years ago when i was very little and they were so exciting i loved them. Now when i watch them i can't stand how bad of a acting job the little girl who plays Cindel and her brother Mace, there both really horrible actors, i give the little girl some slack but the older brother is really terrible, overall the movies are sorta odd, i don't know if these events take place around the same time as the OT or what and it just seems like they use alot of magical spells and weird LOTR stuff in it doesn't feel like a StarWars type movie i know very little about these two movies but there sorta strange when i watch them now. does anyone else have any interesting information about these movies? has anyone else even seen them? Do you like them?

20. sarlaccpit_48

sarlaccpit_48 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    I remember seeing theses movies to, but I remember them being much better. The acting was horrible and the special effects sucked. I can make a more realistic giant spider out of Ketup and popsicle sticks. I to questioned when the movies take place, but I belive the movies take place sometime after "Jedi" because in "Jedi" Wicket couldn't talk.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They take place before Jedi, actually, because (among other reasons) Wicket looks much younger in them. As far as his speech patterns go- assuming the family that crashed spoke basic (which they could have been speaking anything for all we know, it was just presneted in english Red October-style), Wicket simply forgot how to speak it after not using it for awhile. (kinda like how you can take a foreign language class in high school one year, then a year or two later you really can't remember more than a couple words).

22. Chabacca2332

Chabacca2332 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    i dunno but is it just me or do the movies feel very strange like how they killed off mace and the rest of the family so early in the second film very strange

23. sarlaccpit_48

sarlaccpit_48 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    I thought that this was suposed to be a family film. The first ten minutes of the second film was like batman they kill off the parents and then the girl wishes to seek vengence and becomes Ewok Girl. Not in the Star Wars theme at all.

24. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    The first movie happens shortly before TESB the second after it. In ROTJ Wicket has no family anymore (killed in Ewoks 2), he is a warrior. And he is the only one who seems to understand Lea :)

Yes the FX are bad, but remember when they were made, in the mid 80ies, no CGI, no computers and the budget was very small. So for the mid 80ies those stop-motion effects are really impressive!

25. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Available at Target you say? Hmmm, I foresee a trip to Target in my future. For some reason I have no recollection of seeing these movies. But then again, I didn't remember the HS until somebody made me watch it 2 years ago. Oh the pain! The pain! [face_worried][face_laugh]

whostheBossk likes this.