main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Ewoks Movies: Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth-Horax, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Grutchin

Grutchin Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2005
    \

like joruus c'baoth.

2. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    How would wicket get to Kamino?

3. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    Selfteleportation... The Force is strong in this Ewok [face_laugh]

4. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    But can he teleport the suit also?

5. EwokTVmoviesRule

EwokTVmoviesRule Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2005

6. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    http://www.lucasfan.com/ewdr/pressrelease.html

For the love of christ! Why why why! Why were we given crappy 1 disc release lately, when back in '01 they had a SPECIAL 3 DISK SPECIAL EDITION DVD BOX SET!

7. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I liked the Ewok movies. I haven't seen them in years. I'm gonna have to buy the DVD sometime soon.

8. PadmeLover1991

PadmeLover1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    did u read all the way to the bottom, coz it sed it wasnt real[face_laugh]

at the bottom it sed this: The above press release isn't real. It started out as a joke, but it was never meant to be a prank. Sorry if it fooled you. Hopefully in the future this will really happen. ~mike

9. ROTS_Obi1

Mar 16, 2005
    You know what, I just figured that out last night, but I didnt feel like editing my post. [face_laugh]

10. TheWookieepedian

TheWookieepedian Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2005
    I read that Warwick Davis said at one time, Lucas intended to do a third and final Ewoks film.

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Such a shame he didn't!

12. TheWookieepedian

TheWookieepedian Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2005
    Are you being sarcastic, or what?

13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  14. ROTS_Obi1

Mar 16, 2005
    The Ewok movies were good.

15. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    It was interesting to see that Cindel reappeared in The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy. They could have somehow turned that into the third ewok film.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>What would have been really great would be an alternate ending of BOE. The ship starts leaves Endor, and the two survivors see an Imperiam Stardestroyer, on a mission to spot the location for the construction of DS2. grin One can dream...<<

Well, not to be a dream buster or anything but, technically, the Ewok movies are set after the Imperial scouting mission to Endor.

17. QuiGonJinn

QuiGonJinn Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 1998
    I would like to say that I fraggin' LOVE the stupid Ewok movies.

I had them both taped off of TV when I was a child and watched them all the time. A friend bought me the double-feature disc for christmas, I watched them with my sister and we laughed our asses off. We were quoting it at each other for... actually we haven't stopped yet, I'll get back to you.

Every time Wicket was on screen I was in tears. He's such a hilarious character. I don't understand how GIZMO and E.T. can be so popular and no one even cares about Wicket.

BEST QUOTES:
    "Lurdo!"
    "Cindel's gone. Wake, Noah, Wake!... Noah!"
    "Now I got you, Lurdo."

If you can watch Wicket look up at Noah with those sad/expressionless eyes and say "NO PLACE TO GO." without laughing, you have a lot more will-power than I do.

If you look for it; in COC when Mace and Cindel are running away from the Ewok village, in half the shots there's a stand-in in Cindel's place. Thank me later ;)

18. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    You know I wish these films were more well-known than they are. You know, they actually were fun, enjoyable films, which gave an interesting expansion to the history of Endor. They had such a different take on the Star Wars universe, which is why I think so many fans have something against them. They try to compare them to the episodes, which doesn't work. When you expect SW episode-quality out of made-for-TV, lower budget, kid-oriented films, then you're crazy. They're meant to be enjoyed for what they are, not to be com[ared with anything else. The only thing you can compare them to is each other... and the holiday special. So do I consider them Star Wars material? Yes, they had their own way of looking at that universe. People seem to think that Star Wars always has to be about huge, exciting life/death battles, destiny, and epic fights, that they have excellent acting (which all the SW films are lacking anyway, yes, the OT too).

Here are my opinions on the films:

COC: My favorite of the two. It had such a magical feel to it. It felt epic at times, yet using matte paintings and stop-motion. It had an interesting story that I thought was pulled off well, using the effects they had. The acting was what is to be expected of the kids, and... for TV. It was interesting to see an expansion of what Endor looked like, to know that it had vast desert-like plains and mountains and such.

TBFE: It had a closer feel to the OT, with all the action/adventure, such as constant lasers, sword fighting at the end, battles, etc. It was dark, however, with the death of the parents, and seemed very dissappointing when I first watched it, becuase after all the struugle to be back together, the family dies, leaving Cindel alone and sad at first.

19. CloudofSulfur

CloudofSulfur Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Ewoks were THE reason I didn't like ROTJ!!!
    Why in the hell did they make TWO more movies about them??!!!!
    Ewoks suck!!!

20. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    Does anyone know where I can find the trailers for the each of the two movies? I've looked all over the net for them, with no luck.

21. QuiGonJinn

QuiGonJinn Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 1998
    Trailers? They were TV movies. I'm sure they network played spots with a voice-over saying some crap about "From the creator of Star Wars comes some totally awesome Ewok movie that you really want to watch! Sunday at eight." over a few clips of Ewoks dancing and partying, but as far as I know no trailers exist.

You have to sit through the entire ninety minutes to find out it sucks... if it takes you that long.

22. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    Um, I have these on DVD, and I happen to enjoy them quite a bit, just as much as I do the main films. I don't really have a problem with them.

But that's what I meant about the trailers, if anyone has original TV spots, or those that they put on the VHS/Laserdisc release from back in the early 90's.

23. ROTS_Obi1

Mar 16, 2005
    I finally picked up the Ewok movie Dvd the other night, and I wathed part of Battle of Endor. Wow, the SFX were laughably bad, but what can you expect. The story, I like it. A lot. Good entertaining movies.

24. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    To me, the special effects are exactly what make them have the charm they do. The matte paintings and the stop motion, and the lack of CG, give the movies more of a fantasy feel, not to mention an 80's feel. The CG present in the main movies give them more of a sci-fi feel., IMHO. Had you not seen the Ewok films before or something? If not, then you really should have watched Caravan of Courage first, so you can see them in order.

25. Boba_Fett_00

Boba_Fett_00 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    I have both the Ewok movies on DVD and liked them alot, I watched them with my little sister and now they are her favorite movies and she always asks to watch them.