main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Ewoks Movies: Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth-Horax, Feb 27, 2003.

1. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    Yep, they're great. BFE especially. It is just as good as all of the main movies.

2. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Yeah, I know the basic premise of the story, I dont care if I watch them out of line a bit.

3. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    I see. Just checking. [face_plain]

4. ROTS_Obi1

Mar 16, 2005
    BFE is the best one by far IMO. COC was a bit boring at times but still great fun.

5. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    I concur.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002

7. ROTS_Obi1

Mar 16, 2005

8. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    ^^Yes, yes, to ROTS_Obi1 you listen! ;)

9. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    I like the effects in the Ewok movies, very good if somewhat '80's effects.

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Ok, it can, but most of the time, when one's talking about SFX, they mean sound effects.

11. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I just finished watching BOE. It was decent. I guess I'll watch the other one later.

12. ROTS_Obi1

Mar 16, 2005
    The other one isn't as good.

13. The-Wookiee

The-Wookiee Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2006
    BOE was the best of the two.

14. hyouriittai

hyouriittai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    Regarding the "LOTR-esque magic," atleast in BFE, I read in Star Wars databank that the witch assisting the Marauders was a rogue Dathomiri Nightsister. I speculated as much after having seen the movies and reading the Courtship of Princess Leia. Though the detail was obviously added in after-the-fact, it was still a nice tie-in.

15. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    Try here! :)

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_trailer/35/

16. Blaster_Master

Blaster_Master Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2006
    Those are two movies I will never watch again. They were awful when they came out and I was the target kid audience they were trying to reach back in the 80s. Ewoks blow.

17. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Thats 'We Will' sounds like Michael Jackson ;)

I like Ewoks.

18. TheWord

TheWord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Where is everyone getting the info that these movies take place before RotJ? I am pretty damn sure they happen afterward. Who's in Wicket's family and who isn't is very ambiguous in RotJ. Can someone give some databank links to back this up?

The fact tha Wicket learns basic in the Ewok films and does not speak it in RotJ seems to make it fairly obvious to me.

19. TheWord

TheWord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Nevermind. I found the official timeline and it happens all between Empire and Jedi.

20. ForceSynaesthesia

ForceSynaesthesia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    Official timeline? where the hell does that exist? I think you're mistaken, one doesn't really exist, except the Essential Chronology books, but they don't have the ewok movies in them. What are you refering to?

21. metalinvader1982

metalinvader1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2007
    http://www.starwars.com/vault/collecting/news20091124.html?page=1

Love it or hate it,This film will always hold a special place in the nostalgia section of my heart.I never saw the tv airing but I remember my mother picking my up the children's book based on the film on clearance at the old 'Childs world' toy store way back when.My first viewing of the film came in 1990 when the movie was released on VHS.Good times.

I still try to watch the film every now and then when I'm feeling brave.It's corny for sure.No doubt about it.But something,Nostalgia maybe?..Call it what you will,Will hold The Ewok Adventure near and dear to me.

So,Everyone else.......Any found memories of this film?Come on I can't be the only one who wants to celebrate the fims birthday!:D

22. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    This was an event in my young eyes when it first aired on TV.

Though I like the second film better(just for its darker good vs evil style plot) I still loved this film as a kid seeking out anything Star Wars.

Now all these years later I wonder if Mace Towani was named after Mace Windu, IU of course;)

FYI, though we never got to truly visit Cindel and Noah after they left Endor, through the EU(The Black Fleet Crisis) we do find out that Cindel went on the become a journalist on Coruscant later in life.:)

23. metalinvader1982

metalinvader1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2007
    Nice to see a fellow fan of the Ewok films.

I agree that the second film is the best of the bunch.It definetly has a more Star Wars feel to it.

I love how alot of the concepts of these movies havn't been abandoned.Such as the Murauders appearing in SWG and the more recent appearance of the Blurrg in TCW.

Now if only we could get Noah an EU cameo.Maybe shilling for some oatmeal or diabetes commercials.;)

24. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003

My 1st female guinea pig was named Cindel.

25. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    When I was a kid, the Gorax genuinely frightened me. For some reason, I totally bought him as a really giant creature, whereas other movie "giants" I could always tell were stop motion models or men in suits. The ending battle was awesome when I was six.

Many years later, I managed to catch both Ewoks movies on the Disney Channel. The first one is sooo boring. I couldn't believe how slow it was. It was hard to keep watching it...but I have to say that the final battle against the Gorax was still pretty exciting.

The second one is just kind of embarassing to watch. Even though it isn't boring and has more action, it just isn't engaging in any way for me. I think the first one is way better, because at least it had one cool new character/creature and one cool action sequence.