main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Droids" Timetales summaries

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nightowl, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Well folks, I'm about 2/3'rds of the way through summarizing the old "Droids" cartoon series. I'm well on track to have the whole thing ready for this month's update.

Man. The first story arc, "The Trigon-1," was pretty good. But I'm really struggling through the second one, "The Pirates and the Prince." Talk about some lousy writing! Cookie-cutter villains who hit on the only female character. Scenes going by so fast you can hardly keep up with the story. Threepio and Artoo relying WAY too much on clumsy slapstick to win the day. And you thought they were bad in AOTC? Sheesh...

A couple of real surprises in this arc, though. In the first part, the droids are working at a diner run by a four-armed man(!!!). Could this have inspired Dexter Jettster?

And even more shocking, a "Star Destroyer" used by one of the villains of part three -- except for the front (which has a hangar where the nose would be) -- looks almost EXACTLY like the Acclamator-class Republic troop transport!!

Show of hands: How many people have actually SEEN "Droids"? In doing research with the reference materials, this really does seem like the forgotten corner of the EU.

2. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    The only "Droids" I've seen have been the episodes in the Pirates and the Prince arc, (which I actually enjoyed) and it looks like it'll remain that way until LFL decides to re-release these things. :( So I really approchate your efforts in summerizing the episodes.

Anyway, I didn't really think that the Demolisher looked much like the Republic transports, but I did notice that IG-88's ship is the IG-2000, that is, when the Shadows of the Empire comic and game people set out to name and present a ship for IG-88, they obviously did their research.

TC

3. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I remember watching the Droids cartoon as a kid... but the memory is vague now. The only thing I remember is a guy with a beard using a lightsaber.

4. DarthSikle

DarthSikle Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    I have all of the episodes on tape along with the Ewok cartoon. Each Droid episode is either great or really really sucks

5. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I've seen most of them. They aired them on the Sci-fi channel when I was in middle school, so I woke up each morning to watch them. My favorite arc was the one with Mon Julpa, just because I liked the name.

6. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I saw Droids back when it was originally aired as part of The Ewoks/Droids Adventure Hour on ABC. (I have them all taped on Beta, but don't have a way to transfer them to VHS right now.) I later saw them on the Sci-Fi Channel and on video (VHS) tape.

Phil

7. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I've only seen "The Lost Prince", and I didn't really like it.

I really wich I could see the other episodes. If only someone could convert their tapes to a digital file format...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.