main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Droids using the Force?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by JJGianunzio, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I only claimed that the idea was evil. Prepare to die.

To get back on topic, the droid described by our Grey Jedi friend sounds like Data from ST:TNG. Although this droid may act like a living being in every respect, it would not be able to feel the Force unless a good portion of it were organic.

2. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    I based my argument on Data in some ways, but where is it written that a life form must be organic? I just think it seems somewhat self centered to thing that our kind of life is the only kind of life... Follow?

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I have only 4 words for you all.

ZIPPY

THE

JEDI

DROID

[face_laugh]

Genghis12, where the heck were you on this one, man? You're Zippy's main homeboy!

4. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Zippy? :confused:

It is known that a cyborg can use the Force (Darth Vader), but do the inorganic components reduce his abilities?
    I am still skeptical of a true droid being attuned to the Force.

5. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I believe it was Skippy.

See "Star Wars Tales" comic. (I forget the issue number)

6. Jedi_Master_Lennier

Jedi_Master_Lennier Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2001
    In the D6 version cyberware severely reduces the ability to use Force points and if I remember correctly the manipulation of the Force as well. Luke and Vader seem to be special cases and it does not appear on their character sheets.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh yeah, was Skippy!!! :)

It was tales #1, with that cool Mara Jade comic.

8. Jedi_Master_Lennier

Dec 30, 2001
    To create a Force sensitive droid, a way round it may be to have a droid made from about a thousand years BBY. This droid construct could be made through ancient Jedi or Sith alchemy.
    You could have the spirit of an ancient Jedi or Sith using the droid to extend his life, like the Emperor used the clones. The special preparation of the droid would allow the spirit to keep its Force powers.

9. Maj_Odo-Taji

Maj_Odo-Taji Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2001
    I dunno, conside rme a purist but when a Jedi dies,one of two things happens:

a.) Jedi dies and it is the end. Nothing really happens, unless you believe in Heaven/Hell/etc...

b.) Jedi dies and becomes one with the Force, i.e. the luminous beings that Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda become in the Holy Trilogy.

Now, Holocrons are interesting, as they capture some fo the life Force and actual personality of the Jedi/Dark Jedi/Sith making it. As for keeping Force powers, I'd say no thanks.

Not saying you all are right or wrong, but just had to state my opinion on the matter. Seems kind of selfish to me for a Jedi to put his "soul" or whatever else into a droid so he can prolong his life. While Jedi are not perfect automatons, they do strive for justice and perfection. The whole idea seems kind of selfish and arrogant to me, and that just doesn't live up to the Jedi Code in my opinion. Again, not criticizing, just stating my belief.

"Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter."

Maj-Odo Taji

P.S.- My GM handles midi-chlorians this way: They exist, but are used as a gague of whether a person is Force-Sensitive or not. Everyone has them, just over/around a certain amount allows better or clearer use of the Force. *shrugs*

10. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Sometimes it's unselfish with Callista placing her life energy inside the Computer net of the Eye of Palpatine in order to prevent the weapon from going on a wholesale galactic killing spree.

She maintained her powers so it's obvious the Force can be channeled even after Death (Obi Wan and Exar Kun also prove this of course)

but I tend to view the idea that droids are not apart of the Force even as they can touch it in small ways...

i.e PC droids can use Force points because they have 'souls'

11. Maj_Odo-Taji

Maj_Odo-Taji Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2001
    See, I don't like alot, or even most of the novels. Just lost the feel of the Holy Trilogy, IMHO. Oh well, to each their own.

Maj-Odo Taji

12. SilverDog

SilverDog Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 28, 2002
    i dont like the idea of a droid with the force powers. I always thought of the force to be something of organic nature. Maybe have something like the force but not the whole thing. Maybe they could have droid like powers using machincal stuff. i dont know buts definitly an interesting idea.

13. Jedi_Master_Lennier

Dec 30, 2001
    Was just trying to bend the rules a little, to maybe give some ideas and new directions to achieve what they thought was a cool idea. I personally don`t like the idea of a Force using droids. The Jedi are not perfect and do make mistakes.
    There are more Force users other than just the Jedi and Sith, maybe he was the last of his kind and could not find any to pass his teachings on to, so extended his life (a step to the Dark Side probably).

14. swmaster

swmaster Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    It would have to be a very rair occasion to have a droid that could use the force. The force is created by living organisms. Droids cant be jedi beacause they arent alive. Though the force can be used to manipulate objects, it cannot be manipulated by a droid.b

If a droid did aqire force powers using a small amount of living tissue than it would be an abomination to the force and therefore would be open to the dark side. It would also have a much harder time using the force.

SWmaster

15. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Now, midis are atleast partially responsible for the ability to use the force.

Now Quijon said in the movie that midis tell us the will of the force. To me that always meant that the midi must be responsible for the visions or "danger sense" so to speak, but not the other abilities like force push or healing trances, etc.

But back on subject, now if the little buggers are responsible for a person being able to use the force, how did Callista transfer herself into a machine, or the emperor survive outside of his body. Now this stuff came out before EP1 so maybe its void now. That then voids DE1 + DE2, and I liked Dark Empire.

back on subject again, if Callista could exist in a machine because of the force, perhaps a droid could use the force because of this concept. Didn't she use the force from inside a machine? That is proof that "machines" are able of welding the force. Unless the Movies void that concept. Frickin midis, make things so complicated now.

Oh well, still the idea of a droid force user is interesting......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.