main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Dropping by to say "hi"

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TK9993, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK9993

TK9993 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2006
    Just stopping by. I'm the creepy old man in the Sandtrooper armor down at Merlyns last Halloween.

Name: Chris
    SW Related Interests: Pretty much everything
    Non-SW Related Interests: Comic books, films,
    How did you get started on SW: Well sit down youngin's and I'll spin you a tale about something called a Drive-Inn. I went to SW when I was 7 in a beat up Caddy with 4 other screaming kids. As soon as it started, we never made a peep until it was over.
    After that, we walked to a nearby theatre every week to watch it.
    I thought it was very cool to take MY kid to see it like my parents took me. And yes, my boy is very into SW. He even wants people to call him by his self-made nickname, TROOPER.
    I've been costuming for a little over a year. 6 months as a stormtrooper and 6 months as a Sandtrooper. I will admit more than part of the reason I got the armor was to see the look on my boys face when I knocked on the door, fully dressed.
    I made a stopmotion film about my "character" so he could watch it.
    Go ahead and give it a watch. People seem to like it. I will definately try harder on the next one.
    STAR WARS - TD9993

Anyway, "I'll be back."

2. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Fun stuff! I bet he loved seeing you in full armor. I know I'd flip if my dad did that!

Watched and loved the video! Thanks for sharing it!

3. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    Hello good to see another face around, I am sure I will adventually run into you at some meeting I can make up there :p

Stormies Rule!

4. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Great to meet you Chris! I wanted to go to merlyns, but my family didn't get home from the candy party until 9:30!

I hope to meet you in person sometime!

5. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    =D=DUDE THAT FILM WAS FLIPPIN SWEET!=D=

You named your kid Austin Martin.:rolleyes:
    That rocks!

6. InvaderSil

InvaderSil Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2006
    Wow, that video was pretty good! Someone posted it over on Fark.com, believe it or not. I liked your droid sidekick. lol

Well, keep em coming! :)

InvaderSil

7. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Hi Chris!

I'm Alfredo. I'm was the Sith-variation at Merlin's on Halloween.

Any chance that you'll become a regular around here? It'd be great to have a Sandtrooper in the group. Stormies rock!!! I'd have opted to be one myself, but I'm just too damned short...

Apparently we're having a costuming meeting this Saturday. They're always great to attend, if only for the social aspect of it all. We've got a pretty good group like that.

8. TuleenDonai

TuleenDonai Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    "Youngin! Who you callin' "youngin" Youngin?

I saw Star Wars at the Tri-State Mall (Penn, Delaware, New Jersey) and I was in 8th grade! (13 yrs old.) That was only days after I picked up the Paperback and tore through it on a Saturday. (It was the first book I ever read non-stop and in a day!) My folks fell off their chairs!

I have 3 boys (3, 4, and 6) and I gave them my VHS SW tapes (My DVD's are sacred [SACRED!!]) They watch 'em ALL the time! I'm limiting them to 1,4,5,6 'cause (IMHO) I believe the last 2 are a bit to "adult" for them. My 4 yr old got a Darth Vader costume from his Aunt just before Holloween. Of course, I had to get him the DV gloves and Light Saber to go along. He's having GREAT fun! My mom is making the 3 of them Luke Skywalker costumes for Christmas (ya, go figure - my mom doesn't understand SW.)

KIDS ARE GREAT! (As soon as my Triplets are old enough (thier 14 months,) I'm sure they'll be die hard fans as well!

Tuleen

(Doing my part to increase SW fandom - HOW ABOUT YOU???)

9. TK9993

TK9993 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2006
    What's your Fark name?
    I'm HEROIC POSER.

And ya, I'll try to come to some meetings. I live out at the State line and work nights, so it's hard for me to get most times, but I'll definitely try.

10. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Sorry I missed this message, Jarus and I live in Cd'A, so we would be able to pick you up for day time meetings!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.