main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Drops of Jade", UDC IV - COMPLETE on 8/29/09!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira_Jade , Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    ?Drops of Jade?

Genre
    : Everything!
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame: Everywhere!
    Characters: Everyone!

Summary: The Ultimate Drabble Challenge part Four! An exciting look at a multitude of characters, lives, and relationships within the Star Wars universe ? all with a good dose of crack!pairings.

Notes: Wow, here we go again already. :D I'd like to give a huge thanks to BigFatty and Zonama for organizing this. We'd be lost without them. [:D]

Disclaimer: Nothing's mine. ;)

My first three drabble threads:

Shards of Jade
    Fragments of Jade
    The Drabble Drop

PM List:

dancing_star
    Jade_eyes
    Jade_Pilot
    DaenaBenjen42
    Vaderlvr64

Week One: Luke/Mara, Ben
    Week Two: Jacen Solo
    Week Three: Jaina Solo, Kyp Durron
    Week Four: Han/Leia
    Week Five: OT Cast
    Week Six: Young Leia
    Week Seven: Kyp/Scotlyn
    Week Eight: Luke/Mara
    Week Nine: Luke, Ben
    Week Ten: And Baby Makes Three
    Week Eleven: Jag Fel, Han Solo
    Week Twelve: Jaina Solo, Mirta Gev
    Week Thirteen: Deliah Blue
    Week Fourteen: Leia Solo, Allana Solo
    Week Fifteen: Luke Skywalker
    Week Sixteen: Jaina Solo
    Week Seventeen: Tahiri Veila, Riina
    Week Eighteen: Misc. Characters
    Week Nineteen: Couple's Round
    Week Twenty: Luke/Mara

[b]Week One ? [i]The Skywalker Family[/i]

1. Flash in the Pan[/b]

The myriads of smells inside the nursery were . . . interesting, to say the least.

The most obvious smell came from the still infant baby on the changing table. The child was all smiles and giggles upon seeing the rather interesting look of steely determination and outright queasiness on Luke's face. The smile only grew at the sounds of muffled curses from the kitchen, followed by a clashing of pans.

Ah. The source of the other pungent, and less . . . [i]natural[/i] smell.

Just what was Mara trying too cook?

Shaking his head, Luke scooped up Ben. ?Lets go talk your mother into takeout.?

[b]2. Out on a Limb[/b]

There was something endearing about observing Luke interacting with Ben. The simple love and curiosity she always saw there was something touching and special.

And then, of course, there were moments like these.

?I'm going to go out on a limb, and say that this is not what your father had in mind when decided that he'd teach you to paint today.?

Luke caught her gaze in naked relief as their son rushed over to greet her. Ben grinned impishly from beneath bright blue bangs, and wasted no time in smearing his rainbow coated fingers across her face as well.

[b]3. Out of the Blue[/b]

It was one of those mornings when she couldn't seem to get anything right.

She was late, her comm was ringing, Ben was clamoring for food, and still she managed to chide Luke for giving Ben so much sugar the night before ? the reason for her current frazzled state.

The final straw came when she dropped her keys.

?Kriff it all!? she finally snapped.

And . . .

?Kriff!? Ben repeated, out of the blue.

Mara stopped short, and then preceded to turn beet red as Luke burst out laughing. ?Yes, Mara, we wouldn't want to be a bad influence now, would we??

[b]4. Wet Behind the Ears[/b]

There was a curious glow in the young woman's eyes as she watched Ben sleep. The toddler was now curled contentedly on his side - sucking his sticky fingers happily, and altogether way too comfortable after his rather . . . intense morning. Jaina herself was sporting mused hair and food covered clothes, but she wasn't complaining.

From the doorway, Mara watched her former apprentice's contemplating face, and smiled knowingl

2. blurt

blurt Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2008
    Great job, I love all of the sweet family moments, especially "baby's first curse word"![face_laugh]

3. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Awww, I loved these!! [face_love][face_dancing] Wonderful job!! Please add me to your pm list! [face_batting][:D]@};-
    =D= =D==D= =D=

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Delicious!!! Then of course it's you. I melted and laughed my way through. :D Could you add me to the PM train?

HUGGLES!!
    [face_dancing]

[face_love]

5. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Thanks so much to everyone who has read so far. As always, your thoughts mean the world to me!

blurt: It is a most treasured moment in a child's life, isn't it? ;) Thanks so much for reading!

dancing_star: Welcome back! I can't believe that you're willingly submitting yourself to this maddness again. ;) You are definately on the PM list. [:D]

jade_eyes: The PM train? [face_laughs] I like that. :D Of course, and thanks for reading, your comments never cease to make my day. [:D]

~MJ
    @};-

6. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    You had me laughing all through these!

LOL Moment: ?Lets go talk your mother into takeout.?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Would you add me to your PM list please???

Well done! =D=

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Those were gorgeous!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

?Kriff it all!? she finally snapped.

And . . .

?Kriff!? Ben repeated, out of the blue.

Hehehe. Kids pick the most interesting times to emulate, don't they? :p

Great start - I look forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Shaking his head, Luke scooped up Ben. ?Lets go talk your mother into takeout.?

Loved that! (Liked 'em all, but that moment made me laugh.)

Good drabbles, Mira. :) (Can I have PMs? Not sitting these out this round.)

9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Loved them!! [face_love] Loved them all! [face_love]

But especially flash in the pan! LOL! Hilarious!

Wonderful job! I look forward to reading more!!

10. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I'm really enjoying everyone's drabble challenges. Not being a drabbler (is that a word? probably not) myself, I'm absolutely impressed by how much of a story you guys are able to tell despite using so little words. [:D]

I like how Mara comes across so well even in brevity - or maybe that is in essence Mara, that she needs only a few words to be described, and yet it's effective all the same. She would, after all, blast us all down if we tried to describe her using flowery adjectives and descriptions. [face_peace]

11. amphetamine47

amphetamine47 Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2006
    Cute! I enjoy seeing a bit more of Mama!Mara...but certainly she doesn't lose her edge, does she? ;)

Lovely work, looking forward to more!

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Sorry about the delay between weeks. My last week kinda exploded all over me . . . not a pretty sight, I can assure you. Now, some replies. :)

Jade_Pilot: I'm thrilled you enjoyed them. And you're now added. :D

Keila: Thanks! And you're right about the kids, LOL! ;)

DaenaBenjen42: Thanks! And yep, you're added. :D

mavjade: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them. That one happened to be my particular favorite as well. :D

Inara: Drabbler - I like it. :cool: And I agree with everytihng you said. Mara is so easy to spin out in a hundred words, and when she isn't - that's when we get to have a bit of fun. :D

anphetamine47: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them! :D

~MJ @};-

13. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    awww, I loved week 1! There's little better than happy and normal Skywalker family time! I love how you wrote Momma!Mara, and Daddy!Luke is always a treat, too. [face_love] I can't wait for more from you!

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    ginchy: Thanks so much! It's wonderful to have you along for the ride again. [:D]

Alright, and here we have a LoTF grab bag in a very delayed week two. Sorry about that. :)

[b]Week Two ? [i]?Views to a Fall?[/i]

6. Impossible[/b]

Over the years, she had seen Jacen slide down a slippery slope ? the coldness in his eyes after the war, and his callous actions during the Killik invasions. Those years spent away searching for . . . whatever he had never found.

Across the distance, Leia can feel the eroded tendrils coiling around her son in iron bonds of cool calculation and dark hate.

?Impossible,? she whispered, tears in her eyes as her husband folds her into him.

?Not my little boy,? she wants to whimper in childish defeat.

Yet, he isn't.

As tears fall from her eyes, she already begins to grieve.

[b]7. Unlikely[/b]

Ben had never seen his cousin act that way before.

His skin still crawled. His stomach was queasy from where Jacen had just slipped away from Ailyn Vel's cell, walking as if everything was fine, as if he didn't just brutally [i]take a life.[/i]

There had been so much blood. The memory burns into his mind now, making him pale.

Later when he bathes, he scrubs his skin crimson trying to was the memory away.

Still, all he can taste is the dull twang of copper on his tongue.

It's unlikely he'll be able to wash it out anytime soon.

[b]8. Reasonable[/b]

?Jacen, be reasonable,? Tenel Ka hisses upon hearing his plans.

He can't bring his gaze to meet hers, not wanting to see the horror in her eyes that frosted over her voice. Instead he watched his daughter from across the garden, letting her childish smile warm the shadows around him.

Standing on a precipice, part of him does not see her innocence and think that she has much to learn - instead, only tiredly remember what it was like to share that look.

Pushing those thoughts away, he grinned dangerously in a wicked perversion of his daughter's smile. ?Finally, I am.?

[b]9. Probable[/b]

Anger burned through him, a bright and tangible thing that turned sunlight cold and shadow inviting. Perhaps it was warranted, perhaps he was more human than the galaxy believed him to be; but that didn't change the fact that he was, and it was tearing him up inside.

He locked eyes with his niece from across the room, knowing what he was about to ask her was something deep and dark and wrong. And yet, if he were the one to kill Jacen, it was not just [i]probable[/i] that he'd do so with an angry heart . . .

. . . it was a fact.

[b]10. Definite[/b]

They circled each other, sabers held loosely, muscles easy and relaxed. This close, the darkness rolled off of her brother in waves, tangling through their once strong bond like miasma, strangling the breath from her lungs.

Days later the shadows will rise up in odd moments, the last bit of [i]him[/i] in her threatening to come up and consume her.

And yet, for now there was just the moment.

?You have much to learn, sister,? Jacen spits on a voice filled with brimstone and brim.

Jaina only smiled once, bitter and almost satisfied. ?No more so than you, brother dear.?

[b]~MJ[/b] [face_rose]

15. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    :eek:
    Whoa.
    :_|:_| =D=
    Superbly written reactions. :) Amazing work as always- beautiful- although bittersweet- and real. Looking forward to more!! [:D]@};-
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Impossible -- oh my poor sweet sweet sweet Leia :_| :_| !!!!!

These were genius awesome stunning!! Your words are crisp and emotionally laden.

Bravo!!!! and HUGGLES!!!!

17. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Very emotion packed and provocative this week!

LOVED this line: "Anger burned through him, a bright and tangible thing that turned sunlight cold and shadow inviting."

Beautifully poignant line.

Bravo! =D=

18. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Wow... Loved this view of Jacen, where everyone noticed the signs and the symptoms of his slide to the dark side, but could do nothing to stop it because by the time they'd really noticed it was too late. (Or was it? We'll never really know.)

And this...

And yet, for now there was just the moment.

?You have much to learn, sister,? Jacen spits on a voice filled with brimstone and brim.

Jaina only smiled once, bitter and almost satisfied. ?No more so than you, brother dear.?

So much said here, at the end, and they're both right. It got to me right there and this came to mind: "There's a moment. All you have to do, your only job, is to wait for it." That can mean many things, and here... this is one of those moments, I think...

Well done and wonderful drabble set, Mira. :)

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty, we are here with Week three - and it's on time. [face_dancing]

First, some replies:

dancing_star: Wow, thanks! I think that what every author strives for is to include a good dose of realism in their writing, even though they are dealing with a sci-fi subject, and to hear that they succeeded is perfect. [face_blush] Thanks! :D :D

Jade_eyes: Another big wow. [face_blush] Your words never fail to make my day, but I am smiling especially wide this time. [:D] Thanks, as always, for the kind words! :D

Jade_Pilot: Thanks so much! Oddly enough, that line was from a drabble I struggled over and was not completely satisfied with - so I'm really glad you found it striking. [face_dancing] :D

daenaBenjen42: You guys are spoiling me this week with the wonderful feedback. :p Thanks for the insightful comments, I love it when a fellow author makes me think about my own work. :) "There's a moment. All you have to do, your only job, is to wait for it." I cannot agree more with that. It fits perfectly. [face_thinking]

~MJ @};-

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I started out trying to explore the love-hate relationship between Kyp and Jaina in the NJO, and then my muse turned angsty. What can I say, it's been a Very. Long. Week. . . . and that kinda seeped into my writing. [face_blush] That said, enjoy this AU of Rebel Dream. [face_worried]

[b]Week Three

11. Truth[/b]

The truth hits her like the metaphorical ton of bricks.

She sees Jag's fighter from a distance, a blot of silver black against the flesh tones of the enemy. Around them space is filled with the living, with the dying. Below them Borleias is a cold shade of winter gray, chill against the scene playing out before her.

There is a flash of flame against star. In her mind she feels him wink out, and something inside her wails in anguish.

[i]Gone!

Gone, gone, gone . . .[/i]

The pain sears her, complete and overwhelming.

. . . She loved him.

Oh force, she [i]loved[/i] him.

[b]12. Trust[/b]

She is cold after landing.

She's not sure how she got through the rest of the battle. Autopilot, maybe? A numb haze of adrenaline and habit? She climbed out, and slumped wearily to the ground. She was shaking uncontrollably. Her eyes were bone dry.

From the side she could see Kyp hesitantly come to her side, and without thinking she flung herself into his arms and let her tears flow. In the force he could feel her pain, and was humbled by the intensity of it.

She trusted him with her grief.

In the end, that was all that mattered.

[b]13. Honor[/b]

Time passed. War waged. People lived.

Jaina stood still.

He is [i]erased[/i]. He is no longer with her. And yet she can still feel him in every part of her - in the hollows of her mind, and the wisp of breath in her lungs . . . in the broken glare of the woman who stares back at her in the mirror.

Kyp sees the look in her eyes, reflected from his own as he watched her slowly tear herself apart.

?Honor the dead,? he whispered on an exhale. ?Don't let them bury you.?

Her reply is short and to the point. ?Frak off, Durron.?

[b]14. Loyalty[/b]

Time stood still. The war ended. People lived.

Jaina trudged forward. Sometimes she thinks that she would have stopped trying altogether if it were not for the man sitting stubbornly at her side.

She glares at him, hoping to convey with her eyes just how much he grates at her nerves. Kyp merely closed his eyes, lazy in the cool sunshine of the unnamed planet they were on.

Her anger cooled when he laced his hand with hers - ever the unspoken support - and she found a small part of her acknowledging just how much she depended on his gentle loyalty.

[b]15. Love[/b]

Three years to the day, she returns to Borleias.

It's a quiet journey, full of what-could-bes and something like regret - something a lot like longing. Kyp is with her ? a solid presence that clicked so differently than Jag, but fit nonetheless.

They land in the predawn on the crest of a hill, and watch the sky bloom into color. Kyp is silent, eyes filled with whispers of something not quite unlike love as he watched a now strong woman pull herself together again. As the sun crested, she tangled her hand with his.

Morning comes. Things change, again.

[b]~MJ[/b] [face_rose]

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow!! That is a very believable little plot twist there [face_thinking] about Jag being lost in that situation. Love Kyp's patience and loyalty :* The beauty of your drabbles is that they are complete in themselves but they make you want more at the same time LOL rather like mini chocolate bars [face_laugh] I believe Kyp was absolutely essential to Jaina's getting strong again. :) Interesting that she recognizes that what she and Kyp are sharing is love of a different stripe than with Jag... of course it would have to be ;)

Very well done indeed!

=D=
    @};-

22. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Wow!! That was so heart-tugging! :_| You captured Jaina's thoughts and emotions amazingly well. @};- Looking forward to more!! [:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

23. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    So angsty!! Good thing I love angst! ;) These were worth the wait!

Well done! =D=

24. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Jaina's journey here with Kyp... loved it. Especially right here...

She trusted him with her grief.

In the end, that was all that mattered.

To trust someone like that, in the hour of vulnerability, that way, it's something. And that part where she's feeling Jacen in everything? Wow. Really wow.

Good drabbles. :)

25. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    Oh, I loved these! She did really need Kyp's support at that time, and the twist, as someone else said, is quite believable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.