main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Drowning-AU Padme/Ani-Vader COMPLETED 9-17-06 Thank you everyone!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by angeladear, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. searth_99

searth_99 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2001
    Need to give this a nice big up!:D

2. angeladear

angeladear Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Thank you, I'm really glad to here that! Took me long enough though hmm lol. Seriously though I really appreciate your patience and all of your support it means the world to me!

[face_batting] Aww, thank you. I cannot tell you how much that means to me, and look! Your patience has been rewarded lol, I only hope it was worth the wait! Thank you again, hugs! [:D]

LoL, *pinches self* 'ouch!' yupp still alive! Thank you, I'm glad to see your still here! :D

LoL, thanks searth! [face_peace]

3. angeladear

May 17, 2005
    Drowning: Chapter 14
    Author: Angeladear a.k.a.: Mistress Eden
    Distribution: Angelic by Design www.geocities.com/angelicbydesign , The Force Boards, and Fanfiction.net anyone else, please ask me! Thanks!
    A.N.: Ok everyone here it is. Finally. I want to apologize profusely for taking so long to finish this. Life has been? insane lately, to say the least. I know that?s just an excuse, but I am committed to finishing this story one way or another. This chapter has been rewritten, dissected. Accidentally deleted (twice!), lost. Rethought, brought back to the original, and redone again. My muse and I have been locked in an all out war. I won this time, (I think) and I only hope that this chapter is worth the wait and the work that went into it. Also I had originally intended to continue on with this story going into what happens post ******* but, between my muse and RL, I think that I will cut this off when it feels right, and leave further ideas for a possible (likely) sequel. We still have a couple chapters to go so were not done yet! Many thanks to all of you for your support and patience. If it wasn?t for you this story probably would have been added to the ever growing pile of ?complete someday?s. So thank you, this is for you. I only hope that it?s worth it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night cycle had long since fallen over Coruscant leaving the upper levels bathed in a sort of soft glow. The light reflected off of the gleaming transparisteel, creating an aurora of light around the towering buildings. Each building taller then the last, reaching higher, and higher, till it seemed they could touch the very stars.

The casual observer would be awestruck by the sight. Indeed Coruscant at night was something to behold, but as is the way with many beautiful things, this was just the outer shell. Below the surface existed a completely different world, one far removed from the serene elegance of the privileged upper levels. Here, the air buzzed with the noise of millions of beings crushed together in a teaming mass of anonymity. In truth the soft glow of the upper levels was nothing more then the diffused light from the mid-levels. The millions of garish neon lights that made the night almost brighter then the day. Streams of traffic filled the airways, millions of beings searching for an escape from the sheer drudgery of their lives, in the dens of vice and iniquity that lined the airways.

Unnoticed by those beings, a single dark shuttle broke away from the streaming lines of traffic, diving deeper and deeper into the darkness. The pilot suppressed a shudder as the feelings of hopelessness, and despair washed over him, growing stronger the deeper he went. Then, suddenly the feelings were gone, the emptiness of the lowest levels almost comforting after the cloying sickness that he had just passed.

The shuttle glided through the darkness, deep within the bowels of the city planet, coming to a stop before a nondescript wall. Within the next instant the wall seemed to fold into itself, sliding backwards. The shuttle slipped through the opening and disappeared as though it had never been. Anyone observing would have doubted that they had seen anything at all . . .

The docking bay doors slid shut behind him with a small whoosh of compressed air as Anakin moved silently down the short corridor that would take him to the labyrinth of tunnels that riddled the Imperial Palace. He snorted as he entered his personal code into the security pad. The Emperors paranoia was evident in the construction of these tunnels. To one unfamiliar with the twisting corridors and dead ends, the tunnels were essentially a death trap, and as far as he knew there was only a handful of people who even knew of the tunnel?s existence, let alone were familiar enough with them to navigate the narrow corridors.

The door gave way with a loud groan and a hiss, and the stale scent of dust and rep

4. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Yay Palpy is dead, and I hope that he will stay dead as well.

Anyway, amazing update as always, I just loved it. Thanks for the pm and I?m really looking forward to see how things will go.

5. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Yay! Angeladear, you're back! I'm so glad - this update was certainly worth the wait!! :D

Wow! I loved the battle between Anakin and Palpatine; that was masterfully done. I don't know who was more relieved when it was over - me or Padme. Okay, so Padme probably wins that one but I was a close second, darn it! [face_batting]

And you did an excellent job capturing the emotions of someone who had been locked away from the rest of the world. Padme's sheer delight in the smallest things was charming and perfectly understandable for someone who had suffered through the ordeal she had. Beautiful touch! [face_love]

Of course, the end had me melting onto the floor. Whew! Is it hot in here or what? Our darling couple together again. [face_dancing] YAY! Thank you for getting my weekend off to such a marvelous start!

6. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    I liked the last minute fear from ol Palpy

7. angeladear

May 17, 2005

LoL, yeah, I've been plotting ways to kill him almost from the begining, and I ended up leaning toward poetic justice, lol. 8-} Thank you, that means so much to me. Really, reviews like yours are what makes all of the work worthwhile. I'm so glad that your still enjoying it, and I really, really apreciate your patience! Thank you soooo much! [:D]

LoL yup! I'm aliive [face_skull] ahem, jk lol Thank you so much, that means allot coming from one of my favourite reviewers [face_batting]
    :eek: [face_blush] :D Masterful?, wow thank you, I'm going to get a swelled head from all of this lol. It was great fun working out Palps demise [face_mischief] Yeah relief and reafirmation of life are great things aren't they ;)
    Thank you, Padme's mental/emotional state is one of the linchpins of this story and I didn't want to get to far away from that, as much as this chapter was about endings, justice and retribution it's also about life and I wanted to be sure and incorporate that. I'm really glad that you liked it, it seems that I achieved my goal, Thank you! [:D]
    LoL, yeah, that was a little steamy. I was going to extend that into a pm version but I wussed out lol [face_blush], I'm glad you liked it though! Again, I cannot thank you enough![:D]

Thank you :), I thought it was important to make him a little more human at the end. It's easy to forget that he's not some super-being, and I wanted to make it more realistic. I'm glad you liked it :)

8. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    i really enjoyed this chapter. Palpy's dead and our couple is back together!!

i can't write too much. my hand has been in a splint for 3 weeks.

you did a great job.=D=

9. angeladear

May 17, 2005

Thank you :D I'm so glad you liked it. LoL, it took me long enough no? lol Yes indeed, Ani and Padme are back together once again. That doesn't mean everything is free and clear though, they still have two rather important issues to deal with ;) so we shall see....

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope your hand heals up quickly and painlessly. LoL, my toe has been in a splint for the last couple days, I smashed it off a cart and we think I broke it :p leave it to me lol. Get better soon! [:D]

Thank you again, I'm really glad that your still enjoying this, I just hope people are still interested [face_praying]

10. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    I just found this and really like it.

Can you pm me updates?

11. angeladear

May 17, 2005

Thank you :D I'm glad you liked it, and it's always fabulous to have new readers ;) You have been added to the list and you are more than welcome. Thanks Again!

12. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Very good chapter here. The fight scene was very well written. I liked Palpatine's overconfidence, only to have him undermine it himself when he brought up Anakin's children. Indeed, that was the wrong thing to say, and he realized that a little too late. His moment of fear was a nice touch.

I was happy to see Anakin and Padmé together at the end of the chapter. Maybe they can now start to really find some peace and happiness, and healing now that Palpatine is no longer hanging over them.

13. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    I just found this fic today, and I'm so glad that I did. I have been enthralled ever since the first chapter. This last chapter was wonderful. You did a good job showing Palpatine's death and an absolutely incredible job with the scene when Anakin returns home.

If you have a PM list, could you please put me on it? I can't wait for the next chapter.

14. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    NO! You killed Sids.... :eek: Just kidding! [face_peace] I loved this story and wanted to tell you that! Keep up the good work!

15. Queen-of-Naboo

Queen-of-Naboo Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2006
    Hey, I found this fic a couple of days ago and have been reading it slowly ever since. I must say that I love it! I loved the begining, how dark it is. I sometimes tire of the light-hearted romances, so I really liked this one. I love who well your seem to delve into Padme's character. Great job!! COuld you please add me to your pm list? I'd love to know what happens next!

thanx,
    Tally

16. ChewbacaRocks

ChewbacaRocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    That was great. Thanx for the pm

17. searth_99

searth_99 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2001
    UP!!!

Reading, Relishing and will Reply soon, Angeladear:p

[face_devil]

18. angeladear

May 17, 2005

Thank you :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. LoL, oy that fight scene gave me fits I must have had ten different versions, lol. I finally just went with my gut and did it. Palpatine is an extremely difficult to write, he doesn't really talk like a normal person, well, 'normal' for the star wars universe anyway lol, his motivation and mindset were a little tricky to get pegged, but all in all I think it came together fairly well, not spectacular by any means, but pretty good none the less. LoL, everyone seems to like Palpatines fear, it always cracks me up that the details I agonize over no one notices and the things I just kindof go with everyone picks up on. LoL, I think it's great :D Yes Hopefully our two lovebirds will get this worked out, though are still a couple of big hills they need to overcome ;) Thank you again, I really appreciate hearing from you, Thank you! [:D]

[face_blush] Thank you, I'm really glad to hear you liked it, and of course it's always wonderful to have new readers, it makes my day lol ;) Thank you, I worked very hard to get this chapter to come together and I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed it, truly, thank you! Consider yourself added, glad to have you aboard![face_peace]

LMAO, I love it,... 'poor sids'! *sniffle*, It broke my heart but he had to go *sigh*:p lol. Thank you, I'm really thrilled to see your still enjoying it, and I will try my best to do keep it up :D

Thank you, it's really great to hear that new people are still discovering this fic and enjoying it. It's very encouraging to hear that people like your work, the support means the world to me. Thank you. I think the part I most enjoy about writing is getting into the characters heads and doing my best to make them feel real to the reader and myself. I'm really glad that you enjoyed it. Thank you again, and consider yourself added :D

Thank you, I'm glad to see that your still enjoying it [:D] LoL, your more than welcome, and thanks again!

LoL, Searth your a doll! :D Thanks for the up and I greatly look forward to hearing your oppinion! Thanks hun!

19. Kitten

Kitten Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2005
    I am so glad I finally got a chance to catch up on this story. You are truely a talented author. I love the way you get inside the characters heads and give us a great look at what is really going on beneath the surface. I am so glad that Palptine is finally dead, its about time. I wonder what will happen now. Is Vader going to try to take the Emperor's place? Is he ever going to find out the truth about his children? I certainly can't wait to find out. Please, can you add me to your PM list? I would really appreciate it. :D

20. angeladear

May 17, 2005

:D Thank you, that really means alot to me. I put allot of work into my writing, and even though I'm not always satisfied with it, it's really great to hear that people are reading and enjoying it. Really, it means the world to me. Thank you sooo much.[:D] As for what will happen next, [face_mischief] all I will say is that it should be interesting ;) Thank you again!

21. rb657062

rb657062 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    When I first read this last chapter, I was at work and had forgotten my default password (which is a pain to remember). Anyhow, I'm posting my thoughts now, being a holiday weekend and all.

[:D] That was a wicked cool chapter. Especially when Palpatine makes his last ditch effort to survive and it just backfires. Anakin's line: "My children are dead ... as are you" was perfect! And like always, I'm happy whenever Anakin and Padme get some quality time together. Only, the end seemed abrupt. The brush fell down. I got that. And then a moment later, I went, "no more?" :_|

- Rachel

22. angeladear

May 17, 2005

[face_blush] Thank you, I'm really glad you liked it :D *Does dance of joy* You liked the line, lol, that line is one of my favourites, so I'm really glad you mentioned it ;) LoL, I'm sorry I was originally going to create a pm version *waggles brows* but I wussed out. I'm a little awkward writing love scenes lol. There will be more shortly no worries! Scouts honor! Thank you again, really your review was a treat. Thank you [:D]

23. angeladear

May 17, 2005
    Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that Chapter 15, which appears to be the final chapter, *ducks* is nearly finished. I just need to edit it, and fix a couple things, so if all goes well it should be in any day now :D and as a little bonus I've already started on the epilogue! Thank you everyone! [:D]

24. angeladear

May 17, 2005
    Drowning: Chapter 15- All Good Things Must End
    Author: Angeladear a.k.a.: Mistress Eden
    Distribution: Angelic By Design www.geocities.com/angelicbydesign, The Force Boards, and Fanfiction.net anyone else, please ask me! Thanks!
    A.N.: Ok everyone. Here it is. The last chapter! *ducks* I?m not hugely thrilled with how it came out, but it says what I needed to say. I do think the last bit is a little sappy, :p but screw it. I?ve put them through hell I can do sap if I want.... *cough* I may end up redoing this, I don?t know, it depends on the response. This story has taken me over a year to complete and tops out at 111 pages. Phew! Anyway, I?ll probably be taking a break from this genre for awhile, I?m a little tapped out, and feel like playing with some of my other favorite fandoms, and I?m actually working on writing a couple of books, hopefully with better caliber writing lol. Anyway, I wanted to thank you all for the incredible support you have given me. Seriously, I don?t believe I would have been able to finish this story if it hadn?t been for the support of each and every one of you. Thank you. Really, you have no idea how much your response has meant to me. I love you guys! It?s been a hell of a ride, and I hope this chapter is everything you wanted, remember, that there are a couple of things I am saving for the slated sequel so don?t get disapointed if I don?t give specifics on a couple of things :p. Thank you again! Hugs!

Eden

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive?

Sir Walter Scott

?There is no art in turning a goddess into a witch, a virgin into a whore, but the opposite operation, to give dignity to what has been scorned, to make the degraded disireable, that calls for art or for character."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

?There is no past that we can bring back by longing for it. There is only an eternally new now that builds and creates itself out of the Best as the past withdraws.?
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awaken, heart pounding in my chest and nightmares dancing at the edge of my vision. The dreams swiftly fade as I become aware of the warm weight that is wrapped around my waist. Anakin.

Sighing heavily, I snuggle more deeply into him. Losing myself in the steady rise and fall of his chest beneath my cheek. His other arm is buried in my hair, gently cradling my head in the palm of his hand. His grip is deceptively gentle, his arms are like iron bands around me, and I know that even if I wanted to I would be unable to escape his grip. However that is the last thing I want to do. Lying in his arms fills me with a deep sense of comfort and safety.

My eyes flicker over the broad expanse of his chest, idly noting the differences. He?s broader, more dense, and the once smooth expanse is littered with raised scars. Still I cannot help but think it is a nice chest. His face is relaxed in sleep, making him seem almost innocent. I fancy I can see the boy he once was in the face of the man he has become. But time and war have done their work well, he is changed, older, and wiser, as am I.

Some things however, have not changed. Like the way he makes me feel, or the way I fit so perfectly into the crook of his arm. In the dim light of early dawn, I can almost imagine that we are the only two people in the world, and that the rest of the galaxy has melted away.

In my heart I know that I am only lying to myself. I know that soon this fragile peace will be broken and I will have to confess my duplicity. The thought terrifies me. I don?t think I could bear to lose him again, not after coming so close to reclaiming some measure of what we once shared, but I do not have a choice. I will have to tell him the truth about our children.

Soo

25. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Very nice ending. Glad that Padme was finally honest about the twins' fate. Happy too that Anakin took it appropriate after he learned her reasons. Sorry to see this end, but you did a fantastic job. Hope to see more of you in the future. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.