main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq DRS on the Scott Conners Show

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JaceMardu, Mar 16, 2007.

1. JaceMardu

JaceMardu Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    Scott Conners is a radio personality. I don't really know much about him. Ken was on his show a couple years ago. They contacted us through Gwynn Savage the casting director from Fanboys. They are filming a pilot episode of a Johnny Carson style talk show. There is a bit that involves a Wookiee and two Stormtroopers. Tonight is the filming and we can bring friends to be in the audience. It looks to be a entertaining show. Our part is corny but it's supposed to be. If anyone would like to go to the live taping and be part of the audience let me know. Refreshments will be provided. It's downtown at the Wool Warehouse on 1st and Roma. I think the audience is showing up around 5 but not sure. We have a dress rehersal today at 2 and I'll know more then but I won't be on the boards so call my cell phone. Or I'll try to call someone that can post the call time for the audience.

Fun stuff!!

P.S. They have dancing girls!

2. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Wayne got info on the audience. Here it is!

Here's the guest audience info I got from Cyndy Simons:
    ~~~~~~~
    Hey gang! It's going to be a fun show! Pass this invite on to friends and family. (if you've sent me emails/names for guest list I've already sent them this invite. Guests not required to be on the guest list for entry- thanks!)
    Please join our studio audience
    for an evening with talk show host Scott Conner!
    Where: the Wool Warehouse 516 First St. at Roma.
    Parking on the street or at paid lot 1 block north of Wool Warehouse
    When: This Friday, March 16th
    6pm House and Bar open.
    6:45 seating locked in.
    7PM filming begins.
    What: Filming of pilot episode for the Scott Conner Show
    A one hour variety show with
    Fabulous guests including film actor JD Garfield,
    Recording Artist Jono Manson
    World Famous escape artist Rick Maisel
    Fantastic Music from house band Felonius Groove,
    our very own, super gorgeous dance group
    and many more surprises!
    Bring your thirst and your laughter!

3. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    Holy POODOO!

when did all of this happen?

-lor

4. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    They have a shell of a website up now. http://www.scottconnershow.com

They are looking for sponsors. The pilot is going to air six times a day. A 30 second ad spot is going for 100 bucks! That boils down to 16 bucks and change when it is aired six times. If you know any local business that would like some cheap advertising and support a local talk show let me know and I'll get them the info. Or direct them to the website and they can find contact info there.

If you look in the video clips you can find the opening monologue. Our first scene is during the monologue so you can check it out! The camera angles were pretty bad but it was just a pilot and they didn't have the greatest cameras. It's corny but funny.