main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drug Smuggling.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Captain-Communist, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    It's pointless arguing with these pro-legalization drug folk,because the common sense has left the brain a long time ago, and it's the drug talking.
    Right...sorry. I forgot. Anyone who thinks differently than you is on drugs. Must be all those dangerous chemicals mucking up my brain.

//loses the last bit of credibilty she just had for darthpigfeet

2. CwrnPuppet

CwrnPuppet Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    They only want it legal for the very reason that they don't get in trouble. That is it.

Well.... Yeah. Isn't that what people who just wanted a drink were thinking when they wanted an end to prohibition?

It's not about rights or personal freedom it's about not having to look over your shoulder when they light up to do their nasty habit.

Smokers don't have to look over their shoulder when they light up for their nasty habit. Nor do alcoholics. Who else? Self-mutillators, anorexics, over-eaters, co-dependents, credit card addicts, etc. People should be free to be self-destructive if they so choose. It's not going to hurt you or I.

It's about not being held responsible for something they know is bad and illegal nothing more.

Sure it is. If someone decides to shoot heroin up their veins, they're going to have to deal with the consequences, just like smokers may have to deal with lung cancer or Mr. Big Mac twice a day may have to deal with a heart attack. We have no more predators in the animal kingdom, so I say let the stupid people be destructive, if they want. The Darwin awards are waiting for them and I'll get a kick out of reading it.

3. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    What about when a man high on PCP goes on a shooting rampage and kills thirteen or fourteen people? And when the police try to bring him down, their shots are effectively useless because he is so high he doesn't feel it, and keeps on shooting? It's happened before. Drunk driving is illegal, are you going to make leaving your home while high on PCP illegal? How do you enforce a law which the people who are high can't remember?

4. gwaernardel

Nov 5, 2001
    Definition of TCP: a protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another, as in TCP/IP
    Definition of PCP: phencyclicine hydrochloride, a white powder drug taken for its hallucinogenic effects.
    Personally, I believe that PCP is a very dangerous and detrimental drug that should be illegal.

5. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Definition of TCP: a protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another, as in TCP/IP

Stands for Transfer Control Protocol. Most widely used protocol due to it's portability and ease of troubleshooting. Can be assigned statically or passed out on request using a DHCP server. ;) :p

Yes, I suppose working on networks all day has fried my brain. Thanks for fixing that for me. :D

6. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Maybe working on networks should be illegal.

7. DARTHPIGFEET

DARTHPIGFEET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2001
    "//loses the last bit of credibilty she just had for darthpigfeet"

Ask me if I care.

The point I was trying to make is there are certain members on this board who come in on every single drug debate and I will not name any names but they know who they are who admit they smoke pot and such and think it's perfectly innocent. Those were the people I'm talking about, but I do have seriously question someones motiffs who says they don't do drugs yet will agree with the one side to do them. I've seen the effects first hand and it's not pretty, and to me people who want to support people in their drug habit are no better than those who sell the junk. There is no middle ground on this debate. You either support legalization or you don't. I don't and never will. I'm not here to please everyone with my opinion and I will not sugar coat the topic either.

I know the truth, and have seen the TRUE effects first hand, and it isn't having a good time. It deals with death, misery, depression and pain. But you go ahead and say I'm full of crap and such. I don't care, but I guess it will take someone you love and care about to go down this road before you wake up and smell the coffee that drugs are bad and they should never be legal, and I will fight any bill which come about trying to make any of this junk legal.

8. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Maybe working on networks should be illegal.

But then how would get your views out onto the internet? :)

9. gwaernardel

Nov 5, 2001
    I do have seriously question someones motiffs who says they don't do drugs yet will agree with the one side to do them

Yeah, why would anyone support legalization of marijuana if they don't do it themselves? Hmm, maybe because their tax dollars are being spent to fight the big "War on Drugs" that mostly targets a substance that isn't nearly as harmful to your body as a cigarette is. They have to go out and pay taxes like crazy to drink alcohol and get a buzz, while the potheads can go to a local dealer and get high tax-free. It seems to me that the people who don't smoke should be more concerned with the legalization of marijuana than the people who do smoke.

I know the truth, and have seen the TRUE effects first hand, and it isn't having a good time. It deals with death, misery, depression and pain.

Effects of what? Pot cannot kill you. Pot rarely causes misery, and has actually been medically approved to treat pain.

10. DARTHPIGFEET

Jan 24, 2001
    Pot is the first step into worse things to come. Many on this board don't want to believe me, but it's true and that is why it should never be legal. It's the drug which opens the door to more dangerous and addictive drugs. I've seen it first hand and it may start off with an innocent hit, and it can and it will if not taken control of go from one hit to many in one day, to getting tired and bored with Pot and moving on to the next worse thing.

That is all I'm saying and by wanting to legalize it your adding fuel to the fire and your condoning that kind of behavior and it's wrong.

11. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Pot is the first step into worse things to come. Many on this board don't want to believe me, but it's true and that is why it should never be legal.

Sounds like regurgitation of D.A.R.E propaganda to me. People who do hard drugs most likely did pot to begin with, but that doesn't mean that anyone who does pot is doomed to become a crack addict. I've known plenty of people who have done canabis and nothing else since the 60's and are still doing fine.

If someone has a desire to be self-destructive, they'll do it with or without drugs.

It's the drug which opens the door to more dangerous and addictive drugs.

Unlike alcohol, which is just a happy fun drug for the masses, huh?

I've seen it first hand and it may start off with an innocent hit, and it can and it will if not taken control of go from one hit to many in one day, to getting tired and bored with Pot and moving on to the next worse thing.

How have you seen this first hand? Please share your experience with us. It has been my experience that most people use pot the same way that they use alcohol: A way to wind down and let loose every now and then.

That is all I'm saying and by wanting to legalize it your adding fuel to the fire and your condoning that kind of behavior and it's wrong.

It's not condoning the behavior, it's simply not punishing it. As I said before, the government should not be our parent. The people have a right to do whatever they want to their bodies.

It doesn't add "fuel to the fire";(oh, yes - that evil evil fire of drugs! Run! Save your children! The monster feeds! It feeds, I tell you!) It removes the threat of violence in its illegal transport. Personally, I'd rather have a few people screw themselves up than have more drive-by shootings between drug lords wherein innocent bystanders could be harmed.

12. DARTHPIGFEET

Jan 24, 2001
    "Unlike alcohol, which is just a happy fun drug for the masses, huh?"

Well if you had cared to go back and read some of my posts on this issue you would see that I don't condone alcohol either. It's a shame that it is legal, because that too ruins plenty of lives.

"How have you seen this first hand? Please share your experience with us. It has been my experience that most people use pot the same way that they use alcohol: A way to wind down and let loose every now and then"

First off if you want to wind down then go to SLEEP or relax.

Second I've told my personal story about drugs before and I guess I will tell it again just for you. I knew 3 friends while in high school who ruined there lives because of drugs. In the end 1 died in a car accident because he had several drugs in his system at the time (pot being one of them) when his car wrapped around a power pole at 75mph. The other two now have permanent brain damage from the drugs they put in their body. Memory loss, the whole 9 yards. There mind is mush now. All three started by smoking first a cigarette at age 14. I joined them on that day, but didn't like the taste. They then moved on to drinking here and there, and I joined them there as well, but don't like beer that much and about all I can drink is an occasional margarita. Then came Pot. This is where I drew the line and they went one way and I went another. They got hooked and started skipping school and cutting off all ties to the people they knew before doing pot. Less than a year later they were on to LSD and other rave drugs. Then they went to the big leagues by shooting Herion. By the time I tried to step in and be a friend and help them all three said go to hell and that they were going to do what they wanted.

So in a nut shell when I hear people saying drugs aren't bad and that it shouldn't be a criminal act, an image of my 3 friends and especially the one that died springs to my mind and the blood boils, because I should have stepped in earlier and helped them or hell had them turned in to the police or told their parents to get them help but I didn't. I'm not turning the other way ever again on this issue. Drugs are dangerous period.

I'm not spitting out DARE stuff either and I'm tired of people putting down this type of program, because you may know a few flower child people who do the occasional hit and don't go out and kill and robb people but drugs is a dirty business and getting mixed up in it is a bad idea. I've seen and read plenty crime reports and cases that my father who has been a Policeman for 30 years. Cases from home invasions, Bank Robberies, gas station robberies. Most of them are drug related or drug deals gone bad. I've seen the photos of a man who had his private parts shot off because he couldn't pay for the drugs he took. I've seen the darkside of this nasty evil thing and to say MAKE IT LEGAL makes me want to puke. All that says is we as a society are giving in and saying fine go ahead and do what you want. Sorry but no thanks.

I hope I've made myself clear on this matter once and for all.

13. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    "drug deals gone bad. I've seen the photos of a man who had his private parts shot off because he couldn't pay for the drugs he took"

If it was legal, we wouldn't have this problem. You don't see people getting their stuff shot off for cigarettes or beer, not because tobacco or alcohol is nay better than marijuana, but because the former are legal.

14. DARTHPIGFEET

Jan 24, 2001
    You might think the problem will just suddenly vanish but your dead wrong on that. There will always be those who will not do it the LEGAL way, and like I said would you really want to make Crack and Heroin legal?

Sorry but you and others around here want to sugar coat drugs as being great, fun and innocent when it's anything but. It has a very dark and evil pattern which many of you simply want to ignore for some dumb reason. It doesn't matter if it's legal or not. It's the drugs itself which causes the original problem. Then you have the people who want to sell this junk and make a buck and these people are not going to go away once it's made legal.

15. Aurra_Sting

Aurra_Sting Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Illegal drugs are bad. I believe that. They don't do anything good for you. Neither do cigarettes, alcohol, or caffeine. Do you think these should be illegal too?

16. DARTHPIGFEET

Jan 24, 2001
    I've already said Alcohol and cigarettes are not good and I wish they could be gotten rid of as well. Go back and read my posts. I don't condone the use of either one. Caffine well other than little kids getting too much in their system and becoming Gremlins it cannot be even compared to Pot, Crack, Heroin, Cigarettes or alcohol.

17. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Once again - what gives the government the right to dictate to the people whether or not they can hurt themselves?

18. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Because the rest of us have to pay taxes going towards cleaning up the mess. ie. strain on hospital system etc.

19. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    We also have to pay taxes that go towards people who have children when they can't afford to raise them. Should we make having kids illegal?

20. The Bigger Fish

Apr 24, 2000
    Nope. I like kids. :)

21. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Also - prisons are crammed with inmates who have only done some pot: You don't think THAT is a tax burden?

22. The Bigger Fish

Apr 24, 2000
    I don't think that simple pot-users should go to jail.

23. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    What do you think should be done to them, then?

24. The Bigger Fish

Apr 24, 2000
    Hit them in the hip pocket. Govenment makes money, and drug users get punished by a fine.

25. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Wouldn't making it legal and taxing it heavily serve the same purpose?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.