main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drug Smuggling.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Captain-Communist, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Maybe. But I don't want to make ANOTHER drug that is bad for you legal.

2. CwrnPuppet

CwrnPuppet Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I think switching from imprisonment to a fine would be a step in the right direction, but I still contend that many, many things are bad for you and if we were to make them all illegal, we would be in a very boring world.

3. MadMardigan

MadMardigan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2001
    But I don't want to make ANOTHER drug that is bad for you legal

What? Like maybe legal pharmaceuticals? Those can be bad for you too. Hell, even Advil is bad for you. It can cause liver damage. Oh yeah...and cell phones cause cancer.

Of course you might also mean that pot can be bad for you socially. Well so can watching excessive TV. Or being a workaholic and completely forgetting your family. What should we do about that?

4. DARTHPIGFEET

DARTHPIGFEET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2001
    I think the first offense you should pay a nice stiff fine and like getting a speeding ticket take a 4 hour class to keep it off your record.

Second offense stiff fine and insurance company is informed of your bad habit and your insurance goes up. Plus it's now on your record.

Third offense fine and 30 days in jail.

If your caught selling it's automatically jail for 1 year.

If your caught selling to kids under 18 or anywhere near a school or church (1000 yards) you go to jail up to 5 years.

This is for all drugs. Ranging from Pot to Crack.

5. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    So basically, a one size fits all policy is best?

6. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Should that go for alcohol and cigarettes, since you disaprove of them as well?

7. DARTHPIGFEET

Jan 24, 2001
    "Should that go for alcohol and cigarettes, since you disaprove of them as well?"

Well I believe there are laws already on the books about prohibiting the sell of Alcohol and Cigarette within a 1000 yards of a school or church. Is that that the question you were asking?

8. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Okay, so why not make pot legal and have the same laws apply to it?

9. Aurra_Sting

Aurra_Sting Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Caffeine is considered a drug by the FDA. It operates using the same mechanisms that amphetamines, cocaine and heroin use to stimulate the brain. It tricks your pituitary gland into thinking there is an emergency going on, making it release adrenaline. Your body can become chemically dependent on it and you can go through withdrawls if you don't get it. When the body does not receive the caffeine it needs for the day, your body becomes oversensitive to a chemical called adenosine that is produced by your brain. In response to this oversensitiveness, blood pressure drops dramatically, causing an excess of blood in the head. Studies have shown that caffeine can cause mal-formations in the fetus for pregnant women, osteoporosis, fibrocystic breast disease, and heart disease.
    Caffeine is a drug just like marijuana, cigarettes, and alcohol. If you believe marijuana should be illegal because it's addictive and can lead to other drugs, then caffeine should also be illegal. Ever met a heroin addict that didn't try coffee first?

10. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    No more morning coffee for teachers!

11. DARTHPIGFEET

Jan 24, 2001
    Because the way it is now is just fine with me. There needs to be a cut off point, and it's bad enough alcohol and cigarettes are legal. Why make Pot now? What's next Crack or Heroin?????

I hate to use the domino theory on this issue but legalizing Pot will not erase any social problems you guys think it will. You already have pharmacutical drug fraud going on a lot these days. Just look at Jeb Bushes Daughter who was just put back in jail for her ongoing perscription drug fraud case. You have lots more drug stores today and it's scary. 15 years ago I had to drive 7 miles to my local Eckards to get perscriptions. Now there are 4 drugs stores within 2 miles of my house. What is wrong with this picture. Are Americans getting so dependent on drugs to sustain them or what. Hell you even have freaking drive throughs windows for perscription drugs.

It's becoming an alarming trend to me and it makes you really wonder what the heck are people on when they drive cars and such. Think about it. Now you want to make Pot legal for sell in drug stores??? Sorry but no. You would have fraud out the ying yang and people doing snatch and grab jobs which is a new crime trend over the past 5 years where you crash a vehicle through a drug store and grab what drugs you can get and run. This will only increase with the sell of Pot.

So to me if people have to depend so much on drugs these days then all I have to say to that is we have become weak and are days are numbered if you ask me. It shows enviornment around us has become too polluted (allergies and such), to stressful (Panic attacks and such), to convienent (drive through windows), and that Pharmacutical companies are taking over the Doctors office. Think back to your last doctors visit. The doctor comes in and examines you for 2 minutes for whatever you have and perscribe a medication(s) for you to buy. Yes it might do the trick but pharmacutical companies have wined and dined your doctor into getting them to indorse there drugs. I knew someone who's husband was a family doctor and she says they go out to a fancy dinner at least 4 times out of week by Hot shot Pharmacutical company reps. Trust me at this rate if you think Pot is hard to get since it's illegal and is expensive to a point. What do you think would happen if the government and the pharmacutical companies start developing there own Pot and selling it like this. Not only will it be expensive, but it will be probably watered down or they will make different potent versions to sell that's more expensive. Trust me your going to go back to your local dealer and the drug trade and business remains.

12. Captain-Communist

Captain-Communist Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2002
    For some reason it seems My Senat forum threads get big. I should monitor My threads or else they get all arguing about not the original topic. And getting off topic kinda sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.