main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drugs. Your opinions.

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Dark_Lord_Erik, Aug 7, 2002.

?

Drugs. Your opinions.

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Keep drugs illegal and continue the war on them.

23.5%
  2. Legalize all drugs.

41.2%
  3. Legalize marijuana only. Continue the war on harder drugs.

29.4%
  4. Other.

5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
  2. Dark_Lord_Erik

Jan 19, 2001
    Ok, I've made this into a poll so that we can see where the house stands more easily.

What do you feel is the appropriate action to take on drugs.

I'll get into my feelings on the subject after others have had a chance to voice their's.

3. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I'm undecided, so I haven't voted yet, but I absolutely believe marijuana should be legal. There's so much misinformation about it out there though that I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

I believe that the state shouldn't have any control over what you do to your own body - I'm not sure if there's a term for that, but it's your choice to drink alcohol, to smoke cigarettes, to drop acid, etc, and to be put in jail for something that doesn't harm anyone else seems absurd.

4. Dark_Lord_Erik

Jan 19, 2001
    (Note: Any statements that are made in this thread are for the purpose of discussion. I do not intend to make anyone feel badly about what they feel. If I do, I apologize in advance. I'm sure that everyone is posting in the same manner. So, I will not take offence to any of your post either. Unless you call me names, in which case I'll be in the corner crying.)

What about the people that it will affect that are around the drug users?

Should mothers and fathers be allowed to do drugs? Do you think that it will help them raise their child?

What if they die from some sort of reaction or overdose? It's not only them that they have to worry about?

And if they're not allowed to, where do we draw the line as to who is?

5. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Should mothers and fathers be allowed to do drugs? Do you think that it will help them raise their child?
    What if they die from some sort of reaction or overdose? It's not only them that they have to worry about?

Just like the state does with alcoholics; they intervene. If a person has a drug habit that is affecting other people in their care, then yes, something should be done. But for your average marijuana user sitting at home, what's the harm?

6. Dark_Lord_Erik

Jan 19, 2001
    As long as they don't drive, or operate heavy machines afterwards, I'm actually ok with it.

Also, I don't think that the public should have to pay for any medical cost that come from a person's addiction to drugs.

7. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Peronally, I think the war on drugs is a huge waste of money and resources.

First off, I agree that there is absolutely no reason that marijuana should be illegal. Alcohol is about a million times more dangerous, without any of the benefits of marijuana and hemp. How many people have you ever heard of overdosing on marijuana, or getting in a "stoned driving" accident? It just doesn't happen.

Secondly, I think that all other drugs should be decriminalized and regulated by the government. I understand the dangers of hard drugs, but people are going to get them whether they have to buy them from some shady stranger in some dark alley and share dirty needles, or they could just go and pick up clean drugs and clean needles at the drug store.

And instead of the government spending millions and millions of dollars on "the war on drugs" they could use that money, and also the money that they got from taxing the now decriminalized drugs, for better rehab programs, education, housing the homeless... you know important things.

That's just how I feel about it.

8. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    I agree with you guys. I've never understood the futility of this alleged "War on Drugs".

As long as they don't drive, or operate heavy machines afterwards, I'm actually ok with it.

Definitely ? people under the influence of an altering substance should be responsible for their choice. Other than that, society shouldn't have the right to tell people what they can, and can't, put in their bodies.

9. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I smoked Ketama when I was 18 or something. Big deal. It didn't actually turn me into a zombie.

I stopped smoking now.

Funny thing: my mother used to roll them for me. And once, she was reading a magazine that had an article with "10 Signs Your Child Is Smoking Illegal Substances", and she said: "I can't find "Your child asks you to roll them for him" anywhere."

10. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
  11. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    [face_laugh] Casper!

My parents are total hippies... my dad wants to start growing marijuana if it becomes legal in Canada. ;)

12. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    My parents were total hippies. My dad is still pretty hip, but my mom has sadly been converted to capitalism.

Actually, it's probably for the best, she seems happier and that's the important thing.

13. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    My parent's life philosophy is pretty much tribalism. They want to live in a teepee or a yurt. :D Actually, I think they feel that I have sold out. ;)

14. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    I pretty much agree with what you guys all said. So...yeah. I'd just be repeating if I said anymore.

15. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Laurie lived in a teepee for a year. :D

My mom has definitely sold out, but she's still a wonderful person and really has the best intentions. My dad and I pretty much see eye to eye on most things which is really cool.

16. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Teepees are surprisingly large inside!
    My dad and I are very much alike, sometimes almost eerily so. I'm definitely his little girl. :)

17. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    My dad's on drugs, to stay on topic.

No! Just kidding. He used to be a DJ in the 60s and 70s, and he still has thousands of great original singles by The Beatles and The Stones, et cetera. He was quite the entrepreneur. My mother is from a very posh and rich family, so their marriage wasn't entirely a big celebration day there.

Though, later on, my dad became very rich himself by starting an electro-technical company. After that my mother's family liked him better, but he never really forgave them and kept taking the mickey out of them a bit during birthdays and Christmas, embarrassing them where he could.

My parents!

18. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Although I don't really think that marijuana should be illegal....I don't really knnow wht would happen if everyone and their dog could do it. I don't know if I'd want eveyone high all the time.

19. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Well, is everyone drunk all the time?

20. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    That would explain a lot. ;)

Like this guy being famous...

[image=http://images.usatoday.com/life/enter/movies/_photos/2001-04-18-inside-tom-green.jpg]

21. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    [face_laugh]

I wonder if people were generally more intoxicated during prohibition...?

22. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Well I imagine they would be as they alcohol content would have to go up in illegal drinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.