main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drumming some life into RPG/Minis--- Banner Update Time

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Yeah, Magic:tG was a major RPG killer. On the other hand, it also distracted a lot of munchkins out from the RPG world--even better than the Munchkin games ever did.
    I'd have to say that M:tG and the minis system that WotC created have taken a severe toll--kind of the same way the "Touchy Feely" approach adopted by the CA school systems destroyed education. It was adopted and in place for so long, that everyone who knew the old way is gone, or has had to adapt. Even though the system has shown that it does not work as well (or in some cases at all), we can't go back.
    Maybe in another 5 to 10 years, RPGs will spring back, as another generation is brought into the fold.

(Says the guy that finds it hard to believe that Transformers:Beast Wars and ReBoot are almost 15 years old)

2. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    boy, tf:N has been pretty dead quiet on almost all the areas I post to. Is it my breath? Midterms? Mink in the server hubs?

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    It's all over. The movies are done and people just aren't as interested in the cartoon series [face_plain]

4. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Which is odd, because I think the cartoons are way, way better than the movies. They're... well... actually good.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    But if you're not into the era they have less appeal. The movies were different because they defined the era and were big events. The toons focus on the Clones too much for me, just can't get that into them.

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I've finally got an index/updated info thread in the works. Also, posed some questions to the Lit crown in Mod Squad, and requested some banner help. Let's see if we can re-kick start our forum!

7. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I much prefer the era between ANH and RotJ, but the new cartoon, in spite of being tied to the prequels, is good. (Not that I've seen all of it--just the movie and the first 8 episodes) I guess it's another classic case of the less GL has to do with the product, the better.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I made a G:RPG banner ages ago (2003, wow). I'll try and reformat it.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    That would be great!

10. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    A simple question. Don´t go and throw stones at me. Have we ever considered merging RPF and Games section? Just because over there Game discussions break out every now and then. And they have a common ground, surely.

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    No stones :)

Mergers have been considered, but some of the other forums are busy enough and we're slow enough that our stuff would get lost in the shuffle.

12. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Even with the game, this forum is slow...
    What's going on?
    Everyone still on vacation?
    I can only post so many NPC character ideas and cheezy adventures to keep people (hopefully) amused.

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Well, rumor has it that minis are ending so people aren't as interested in them anymore. Not sure about the rest though, post holiday blues still? Personally my semester at work just started and hothie and I are in the process of selling our house and hopefully building a new one so we have less time lately too.

14. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    My gaming group's slowed our pace a bit.

I could work on an installment write up for our Battletech game that's been going for a few years if people are interested.

15. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    And as of April, Daj, the Saga books will be finished. The Unknown Regions is the last one unless they announce more, but there's hardly anything they could do aside from a New Republic/Galactic Alliance book.

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    There's been rumors about the Saga books ending along with the minis. Was hoping it wasn't true, but it probably is. You're right, there's not much left that they can do at this point. I just hope they don't re-vamp the system again.

17. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Aw, are we out of books already?

Don't worry, we'll be able to buy them all again when they announce SW Saga v2 or something in a year. Its the same strategy they did with d20. Everything was done, let the novels/games/tv show come up with new stuff, announce a new line, rehash old stuff, throw in books to cover the new stuff.

Really surprised that they didn't do an Alien Anthology.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.