DTJ'S Real Time Review!!!!!

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthToeJam, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthToeJam Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm BACK! As promised, I'm here to give my review having just come from the 12:30 screening at the Mann Village in Westwood. I'll skip all the crap you don't want to know and get to the stuff you do....

THIS FILM ROCKS! Period. F****** amazing!

That is my opinion both as a fan, a filmmaker and an audience member. This film WORKS! If you're fretting about whether the film will suck it doesn't. Not by LONG shot. Absolutely the BEST of the prequels and better, for my money, than ROTJ.

A few quick things before I post and get the action started:

James Earl Jones DOES do Vader's voice at the end. YES, IT'S HIM. He's not credited, but it IS him. The audience cheered when they heard THE voice.

Qui-Gon is NOT heard or seen in the film, but it doesn't effect the film at all. The exposition Yoda gives about being able to talk to him works perfectly fine.

There are few dull spots and no real cringe moments. In fact, the whole way through the movie I kept thinking to myself how well everything was working. Solid, solid film.

The acting, especially from Hayden and Natalie is SIGNIFICANTLY better than in AOTC. They had one slightly flat scene, but even THAT scene was better than their previous work.

Damn it, Lucas, you MADE ME CRY -- TWICE! This is a TRAGIC film. It's not really gruesome - especially by, say, LOTR standards -- but when Anakin attacks the temple and the Jedi are wiped out, if is truly heartbreaking.

Okay, that should get us started. Hit me with comments and I'll spill as fast as I can type. This is the one you've been waiting, hoping, praying for. Audiences are going to EAT THIS UP!

As a reminder, Roland okayed this as a separate thread since I'm a familiar 3SAer -- so no posts about where this topic belongs, please!
  2. lysis Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome. You don't know how happy you guys are making me. After this year, nearly being killed in a hurricane and enduring the most difficult school year of my life, the last thing I want is for ROTS to be a letdown. In fact, it is looking more and more like it will actually exceed my expectations. Thank you.
  3. JED1_KN1GHT Jedi Knight

star 2
    i hate to be the first to say it, because i dont want to start on the wrong foot: but can you offer some real proof
  4. Jedi_Interceptor Jedi Master

star 4
    How does the Jedi temple invasion scene go? We've seen him marching in the commercial. What does Anakin do next? What do we see inside the temple?

Thanks. :D
  5. DarthToeJam Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not giving you proof. I saw the film. I have a track record for honesty and delivering the goods in these forums. Anyone who doesn't believe me can see the film in two weeks. I'm not taking time to prove anything.
  6. mo9630 Jedi Padawan

which is the best duel of ligtsaber skils?
    thanks
  7. Luukeskywalker Chosen One

star 4
    NOt as grusome than LOTR?

I didn't even think LOTR was all that violent except for the scary looking goblin orcs.

ROTS sounds way more violent than LOTR. Plus there are new articles popping up everywhere originating from the AP citing that the film is like a "bloodbath".

Whats going on here?
  8. RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus

star 7
    "hate to be the first to say it, because i dont want to start on the wrong foot: but can you offer some real proof"

He speaks true.

DTJ you've already touched on the question burning in my mind. Folks have called this the tear jerker SW film. Is it?

When I read the novel I got chocked up when Anakin said goodbye to Obi-wan befire he left for Utapau, and when Anakin left Padme for Mustafar. Does it really hit you like that in the film? Do you feel the friendship and the betrayal as emotional?

9. jedi_panther_fan Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks DTJ, I'm guessing your typing the long exposition up right now. Jed1 kn1ght, DTJ is a legit guy, thus this thread. His review is the one most of us have been waiting for.
  10. Starwars_1977-1983 Jedi Master

star 4
    -What did you think of the Sidious-Mace duel ?

-What did you think of the birth of the Empire scene at the senate ?

-Did some parts drag a bit ? Felt rushed ? (I guess not, since you said everything worked :) )
  11. DarthToeJam Jedi Master

star 4
    The temple invasion is quite tragic -- it's one of the moments that made me tear up. The scene cuts away after Anakin marches up with the troops, but we come back when Anakin goes into the training room with the Younglings. The look of innocence and fear on these kids faces, and Anakin just ignites his saber. He's a bastard. Period.
  12. battlewars Jedi Master

star 4
    why does everyone ecpect this film to cure cancer?
  13. General_Tekno Jedi Knight

star 1
    Were there any instances where you could just TELL someone (eg Anakin, Obi-Wan) was CG without knowing they were in that scene?
  14. DarthHutt Force Ghost

star 5
    i hate to be the first to say it, because i dont want to start on the wrong foot: but can you offer some real proof

[face_laugh]

Noobs...
  15. Jumpman Jedi Master

star 4
    DTJ, first off, I hope your theory was proved right...but I need to know the answers to my questions about those two specific scenes...lay it on me....

...and rate the film compared to the others...
  16. tephjo Jedi Master

star 4
    What did u think of the Dooku duel? Plz, i must knowww
  17. Emperor_Billy_Bob Chosen One

star 7
    Give some real down and dirty details on the Yoda vs. Sidious duel.
  18. Luukeskywalker Chosen One

star 4
    Post your thoughts on Anakin's turning to the darkside aspect of the Mace fight. Thanks!!!
  19. JED1_KN1GHT Jedi Knight

star 2
    i didnt mean to peev you off.

it just seemed odd to me...i guess if i had seen the movie, the second i got home i would have been on here talkin about it. and you were talking on other threads just 5 minutes before and you never mentioned it...it just felt fishy. sorry to doubt.
  20. LazyDivey Jedi Knight

star 2
  21. Evenflow Force Ghost

star 1
    Ok, thanks for taking the time.

Can you give us the details of the Mace/Sidious duel? Specifically, how it starts out, how Palpatine kills the three Jedi Masters (how was it shot and what happned exactly), and then comment on the Mace and Sid duel itself. Most people who saw the movie are shocked at how easily Mace beats Sidious.

Thanks!
  22. Leias_love_slave Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If DTJ says he saw it...

...HE SAW IT!
  23. mo9630 Jedi Padawan

which was the best duel of lightsaber skills
  24. lysis Jedi Master

star 4
    You said better than ROTJ... exactly how high do you rate ROTJ? For reference, you know?
  25. Darth Tall Jedi Master

star 1
    Is Order 66 all that people have been saying about it lately?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.