main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DTJ'S Real Time Review!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthToeJam, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
  2. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
  3. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Thanks man. Your the best. And so Mrs ToeJam. And your mum. Wish her a happy Mothers Day from everyone here. :D

BTW, I agree with you about Padme giving up. I've said before and I'll say again, the whole thing about her dying from a broken heart really doesn't work for me (the concept I mean) Lucas could easily have just had her die from Anakin's injuries. It would have been so much simpler and would have played out well as a concept. Oh well.

It's comforting to know that Ben doesn't dominate in the sound department, like he did on the last picture. That the balance between him and Williams has been addressed. :)

4. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    I think most people will assume that she died from Anakin anyways. I mean, he put her in such a bad condition, will most people make the connection that she would have lived if she wanted to?

5. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    ''Wish her a happy Mothers Day from everyone here.''

Mothers day was a couple of monhs ago.

6. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    It's today in the US. :)

7. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    I have a question that I started a thread on.

Do we see Mace crash onto Coruscant's floors when he flies out of the window, or does he just fly out, and then Palps and Anakin talk.

8. Eisen124

Eisen124 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    I was wondering whether the dialogues in the novel between Padme and Anakin were cut when he confronted Padme about Obi-wan paying her a visit (before Anakin's turn). Did that scene play out well? Was Padme sorta creeped out by Anakin's anger?

9. DARK_VADOR

DARK_VADOR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Thanx for answering my questions DTJ.

Yo da man (sorry about the pun)!

One last question from me, I have to ask this since I've been wondering about it since it first appeared over at the OS in the Art of Revenge segement:

*Do we see any jetpacked clones fighting on Kashyyk?*
    (even the Lego Kashyyk set had a jetpacked clone)

Thank you....

10. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    Wouldn't the jet pack clones hit their heads on a branch from one of this enormous trees? Then again those idiot scout troopers in Jedi were swooping through forests on rocket bikes which is just as stupid as using jet packs so never mind.. :)

11. DINVADER_RETURNS

DINVADER_RETURNS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2003
    Can you see much of the Star Destroyer bridge at the end, as Lucas had then put in the 70s-ish control panels in.

Does Padme still say "There is good in him" near her death?

12. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    " The key moment leading up to the Mace posse scene is when mace denies Anakin's request to come along on the arrest. Anakin REALLY wants to go along to make sure it's an arrest and not a death. You see him very troubled as Mace and co fly off. This leads to the "ruminations" sequence that cross cuts between Anakin and Padme. It's a very pensive, uncharacteristically Star Wars moment. " -DTJ

This cross-cutting scene sounds like the one at the end of ESB where Luke and Vader seem to communicate. Luke in the Millenium Falcon and Vader in the Star Destroyer. I bring this up, because you seem to say that the cross-cutting is uncharacteristically StarWars, but this scene from ESB sets a precedent for it.

13. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    ^
    good point.

It almost seems like every shot, sequence and theme in ROTS is connected to something else in the saga.

I love it.

14. Jedi_Interceptor

Jedi_Interceptor Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2005
    It would have been so much simpler...

Yes, it would, which tells us something. George purposely wrote it this way and I will be interested to hear his comments on it. Maybe we will get lucky with the GL commentary on the ROTS DVD, unless Burtt is talking at the time, which he probably will be. :)

15. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    DTJ, I'm sitting here at 2:00 am because I can't stop reading your stuff; it's great! Maybe it's the late hour and my need to sleep, but it suddenly occurs to me: are you the film director Kevin Smith? Your commentary sounds alot like him.

M.M.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Do we see Mace crash onto Coruscant's floors when he flies out of the window, or does he just fly out, and then Palps and Anakin talk.

The latter.

17. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    So we don't actually see Mace die? [face_thinking]

18. Plo_Koen

May 23, 2001
    I guess Lucas wants Mace in the TV series... :p

19. DINVADER_RETURNS

DINVADER_RETURNS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2003
    WOW, DarthToeJam has be accused of being Michael Moore, and now Kevin Smith!

20. masterj

masterj Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2005
    does plo koon speak in his starfighter??? is the yoda flying the can cell part any good?is the temple raid good?

21. Plo_Koen

May 23, 2001
    can-cell been cancelled...

22. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    what happens to Mas Ameeda and Sly Moore?

23. sr_spielbergo1

sr_spielbergo1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2002
    DTJ:

I too wonder about the Ruminations scene (where Anakin and Padme cross-cut)

Can you give me a play by play?

You said it was uncharacteristic of Star Wars, can you elaborate? How did this play out? Was there voice-overs as in the script (Padme's line "I truly deeply love you" and Palp had a voice over as well)

Thanks!

24. nplu1

nplu1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    I know this is DTJ's Q&A, so if my post bothers anybody, feel free to delete it.
    But I just wanted to answer a few quesstion which DTJ couldn't remember and elaborate on some others.

there is a close up shot of Obi Wan hitting the ground [and] you can clearly see his lightsabre casting a shadow on the ground. Has ILM removed this from the final shot ?
    No.

Does the wonderful Duel of the Fates appear at all?
    Was already answered, but I wanted to add that you can hear a slight variation at the beginning of the movie (can't remember where, maybe someone else can).

How's the soundtrack? Gary Rydstrom left Skywalker after AOTC,so I'm assuming Randy Thom did the mix on this.Maybe it's just me,but his surround f/x useage isn't nearly as agressive and dynamic as Rydstrom's. Also, I read a review from a member from hometheaterforum.com that the music was mixed low in the soundtrack like in AOTC.Is this true?
    I'm a big score and sound fan, so I paid a lot of attention to that. Some parts of the score (especially during the space battle) were a bit low, and there were more than expected silent moments without music. I love the score on CD, but thought that it was a bit underused during the movie. But there are still great moments, don't get me wrong. During the Jedi Purge all the sound FX sound distant, as if it was a bad dream and the music is brought to the foreground, very effective and emotional!
    The sound design of Boga and Grievous' bike are AWESOME! The Magna guard staff sound is very cool too. Otherwise it didn't feel that special. Granted, I've seen the OT so many times that you know everything by heart, and I've seen ROTS only once, so it's not really fair to judge it that hard. Don't get me wrong, everything sounds great, but Boga and GG's bike were (to me) the only two stand-out elements in terms of sound. The only thing I didn't like that much, was Palps voice when he gives Anakin his new name. DTJ said it's very processed. True, to me even a bit too much. On the other hand, while he was talking like that, you could hear groans and moans, kinda like the girl in The Exorcist, which I liked a lot! Very creepy.

Palpatine: "Riiiise!!!"
    Still in it, except that Ani doesn't say "Yes, Master".

Is the line "This is the end for you master, I truly wish it were otherwise" still in the film during the duel?
    Only "This is the end for you master.", the rest is out.

I am wondering in what scene or scenes is the so-called CG babies seen that were complained about in the newest tfn review?
    Again, no CG babies, all real. Even though they look a bit big compared to Padme ;)

It changes how we'll look back on TPM and AOTC, and how we'll perceive the OT from now on.
    Of course, for instance: I watched ANH right afterwards and loved the part where Alec Guiness talks to Luke about Vader and says "... before the EMPIRE." I immediatly remembered when Ani says in ROTS "... brought peace to my new Empire." and Obi goes "Your new EMPIRE?!"

25. JoeWilka

JoeWilka Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Two quick questions...

1) Does Anakin make fun of Obi-Wan for losing his lightsaber while aboard the Inivisible Hand (like in the novel)?

2) Does Obi-Wan pretend he's carrying a Jedi child when he's actually carrying Yoda to the temple to trick the clones?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.