DTJ'S Real Time Review!!!!!

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthToeJam, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. battlewars Jedi Master

star 4
    why is yoda so ambivalent in training luke? is there anything about that?
    is it plausible that bail wants leia?
    doe obi wan see a death star graphic at the beginning of the duel?
  2. Count_DoodooKuku Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi DarthToeJam,

About the Palpatine battle cry...Do you actually see him making the sound, or do you just hear it, while the camera is switched to someone or something else (like the theatrical trailer did)?

Also, is it true that Greivous cannot be cut by a lightsaber? If so, how does ObiWan manage to get two limbs off him?

Thank you!
  3. Evenflow Force Ghost

star 1
    DTJ, please I asked this question twice and you're ignoring me man!! (just kidding, I know you're busy enough)

I just want you to fill in the blanks right after Palpatine rushes Mace and the three Jedi we see in the trailer. I just want to know what the next scene(s) is/are where the three Jedi are killed. I know where they're standing, HOW do they die? Decapitations? Amputations? Impaling? If you still remember, please elaborate how Palpatine kills the three, and how is it shot from what angle? Please, I've always wanted to know this! Thanks!
  4. battlewars Jedi Master

star 4
  5. JediLight Force Ghost

star 4
    DTJ:

In AOTC, Anakin and Obi-Wan's don't appear to be friends. But in the novel and in LOE, Anakin and Obi-Wan act as best friends, practically as brothers. I think this makes Anakin's turn more powerful.

But I'm wondering, did Lucas make their friendship believable in ROTS?
  6. The_Mastervader Jedi Knight

DTJ:
    Does the movie explain what Mace was talking about in AOTC about the Jedi's "inability to use the force."
  7. SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Master

star 4
    DTJ, your replies on my "lies of Obiwan" have been good but I guess I wasn't making myself clear. I was SPECIFICALLY asking about the lie of "Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough" and NOT about Vader killing Anakin. I have no problems with Obiwan's speech about Vader killing Anakin. That's 100% true.

The only lie that I've seen in that speech and have a problem with is the one about Anakin/Vader wanting to give Luke his lightsaber. There is not truth "from a certain point of view" in that statement at all unless it was revealed that Anakin wanted to create a legacy and train his son in the "jedi arts". I just can't see how Obiwan could have spent 20 years thinking of how to break it to Luke about his father's lightsaber and the best thing that he could come up with was a lie. If it was me I would have said "This was your father's lightsaber. He was the greatest hero in the republic and a pupil of mine. He gave this to me as a gift before he died and it's my most cherished memory of him. I wanted to give it to you when you were younger but your uncle wouldn't allow it...."

I just have a hard time with Obiwan putting words in Anakin's mouth if he never said them. Especially if he believes that Anakin is dead because now he's disgracing the dead.

Anyways, another quick question:

From the way the plot is laid out theatrically, does the audience know fully that Palpatine is Darth Sidious before Anakin clues in or is it still open to those that didn't have a clue in TPM and AotC? From the novel, it is clear from before the duel with Dooku that Palps is Sidious but is it like that in the film? Lucas has said that he wants these movies to be seen in order and would the average person that has only seen TPM and AotC not fully realise that Palpatine is Sidious until Anakin finds out? It makes a better story IMO if we go through TPM, AotC and the first part of RotS knowing that Palpatine is a will-bending politician but not necessarily THE Sith lord.
  8. mskeezer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jesus Christ! Can't you people just watch the movie and find out for yourselves???
  9. rechedelphar Force Ghost

star 6
    Is the duel intercut?

How do Agen and Saesee die?

are the sound effects good?

thanks
  10. face_happy Jedi Padawan

11. Casmo595 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am just wondering how well the lines in this scene are delivered. I did not like the part tha was in the xbox footage at all - "You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now...".

So I was just wondering how the rest of it was delivered. It seems to me it would be a whole lot better if they weren't yelling at each other. Anaking doesn't sound evil at all yelling like that.

Thanks for your thoughts. The scene is posted below.

"ANAKIN: You turned her against me.

OBI-WAN: You have done that yourself.

ANAKIN: You will not take her from me.

ANAKIN throws off his cloak.

OBI-WAN: Your anger and your lust for power have already done that.

OBI-WAN flings off his cloak.

OBI-WAN: (continuing) You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now . . . until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy.

They circle each other until OBI-WAN is near PADME. He places his hand on her.

ANAKIN: Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan. I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, justice, freedom, and security to my new Empire.

OBI-WAN: Your new Empire?

ANAKIN: Don't make me kill you.

OBI-WAN: Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic ... to democracy.

ANAKIN: If you're not with me, you're my enemy.

OBI-WAN: Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes. I will do what I must.

(ignites his lightsaber)

ANAKIN: You will try."
  12. ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey great review DTJ!! Heres a question, does Aayla speak?!!?
  13. Evenflow Force Ghost

star 1
    Man, everytime I ask my question DTJ dissapears!
  14. Death-Vader Jedi Knight

star 3
    DTJ is the following scene in the movie?

Palpatine tells Anakin he can have anything he wants. Anakin first says a speeder, then an apartment complex, then Palps says he can even have a whole system if he wants. Anakin wonders how he can do that, Palps says he will worry about "how" later.

It was in the novel but for some reason I don't think it'll be in the movie.
  15. DarthSurfer25 Jedi Padawan

DTJ:

Does the choral rendition of the BOTH theme heard in the actual track BOTH appear in the film or is it all arranged like Anakin vs. Obiwan?
  16. Evenflow Force Ghost

star 1
    No, I'm 99% sure that isn't in the movie at all. It was a cool bit of dialogue too.

When Palpatine said perhaps Anakin would prefer a battle cruiser, I immediately thought of the gigantic Executor in ESB.

17. thai1 Jedi Padawan

So Boba isn't in the movie at all?
  18. FierCat Jedi Knight

star 1
    WHERE IS DTJ!!!!!!!??!?!?! i'm sad now :(
  19. Count_DoodooKuku Jedi Master

star 4
    Palpatine tells Anakin he can have anything he wants. Anakin first says a speeder, then an apartment complex, then Palps says he can even have a whole system if he wants. Anakin wonders how he can do that, Palps says he will worry about "how" later.

LOL! [face_laugh]
  20. brook_33 Jedi Master

star 4
    ive asked him 3 times how saesee, kit, and agen die, but so far all he said was their deaths are bad and the guys just go "arrgg!!" and fall down.
  21. Count_DoodooKuku Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe he doesn't remember EXACTLY how they die.
  22. Evenflow Force Ghost

star 1
    I'm asking for general descriptions, like, for example, how they are killed, if there were any amputations and how Palpatine manages to cut down three Jedi like that without them even blocking. Seems to me there is a lot of wierd stuff worth explaining here.
  23. nplu1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    ive asked him 3 times how saesee, kit, and agen die, but so far all he said was their deaths are bad and the guys just go "arrgg!!" and fall down.
    _______

Don't forget DTJ has a life, so relax.

I can't tell saesee and agen apart, but the first one (I think dark skin) gets stabbed right through the chest, then Palpatine turns around to his left and cuts/stabs the other guy (I think both guys get a close up of their faces when they get killed and you see them scream). Kit just stands there totally confused, trying to block Palpatines sword, but then gets sliced (Palpatine swings hard; check one of the BTH images and you see how Kit dies).

It's quick and they all go out like punks. Kit looks very confused though [face_alien]

Hope that was detailed enough. If not, how about not knowing EVERYTHING before you see the movie?

24. Dudemeyster Jedi Master

star 4
    Just thought I'd ask this in here rather than creating a stupid thread and getting flamed. In the piece of script from the end of the movie that got posted before, it mentions that there's a Star Destroyer surrounded by attack cruisers. Does this mean a OT Star Destoyer or is it still talking about the Republic ones?
  25. Ians-Goatee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry if this has been answered already: There is plenty of "Emperor's Theme" in ROTS. Not that much "Imperial March" though - which is why we probably wont hear any in future editions of ANH. The theme seems to have been left out on purpose in ROTS so to connect with ANH. After all - it is Luke's story in ANH.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.