main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DTJ'S Real Time Review!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthToeJam, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    DTJ:

What happens after Sidious has his saber kicked out of his hand and out the window?

Does the movie show him retrieving his hidden saber from within the statue?

Or does he just have another saber, "up his other sleeve?"

2. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    waiting for dtj

3. DarthScubbles

DarthScubbles Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2004
    DTJ have you read the scathing Rolling Stones review and how would you classify his observations. I only ask b/c my one friend at work came running in my office saying... "See I told you it would suck."

4. nplu1

nplu1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    DTJ is here:

http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_(Spoilers_Allowed)/b10331/19322697/p150

5. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Is the scene where Anakin arrives to "take care" of the remaining Separatists at all reminiscent of Luke's arrival at Jabba's Palace? I know that the Official Site went to great pains to parallel the two.

6. WildeZc

WildeZc Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2004
    DTJ! I know you are online right now! Please answer my question, I have asked it about 5 times, and you have yet to answer it:

Is this scene still in:

Padme tells Anakin that she thinks their child is a boy, because of her "motherly intuition", then Anakin feels the baby kick, and says "Motherly intuition, huh? With a kick like that, definately a girl."

7. DarthToeJam

DarthToeJam Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    WildeZc, didn't mean to ignore you. I've had lots and lots of questions and PMs lately. Sorry if I missed you.

Padme tells Anakin that she thinks their child is a boy, because of her "motherly intuition", then Anakin feels the baby kick, and says "Motherly intuition, huh? With a kick like that, definately a girl."

Yes, this scene is still in.

I'll go through and get caught up on the rest now.

8. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    DTJ...

In the cut I just saw in New York, the "motherly intuition scene" isn't there...

Curious...

9. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    Okay...here's the one question....

The classic line "I have a bad feeling about this."

Who says it, and under what circumstances?

10. DarthToeJam

Aug 28, 2002
    Getting caught up:

Did Obi-wan make him drop her. I mean did it look like he had here in the death grip.

Obi told him to drop her and he does. Padme immediately falls to the ground on her side. When Anakin choked her, Padme puts her hands to her throat and she's levitated a foot or two off the ground.

oes Wat Tambor explode when Anakin/Vader slashes him from his suit being breached?

The whole seperatist slaughter plays out very fast with lots of quick cuts and flashing lightsabers. I don't remember seeing anyone explode. Most of them took a slash and then crumpled to the ground.

Do the Corporate Alliance Tank Droids exit the saucer like transport ships on Kashyyyk like in the concept art?

I don't remember seeing that. Our first shot of the approaching army is from Yoda's POV from up in the tree command center.

Does Grievous run over anyone in his wheel bike, or kill anyone else in any other way since he doesn't kill any Jedi?

If he runs anyone over he goes by so fast you'd have to go frame by frame to see it.

- when do the magna guards fight? ever alongside grievous? ever against clones?

They fight on the Invisible Hand bridge and on Utapau. I think Obi-Wan takes care of most of them before the clones arrive. There might've been some stragglers in the background.

- how much screen time is devoted to the off world jedi during order 66? which jedi are featured?

It's part of the Order 66 montage - a few minutes. We see Mundi, Alya, Stass Alie, and Plo eat it for sure.

- how often do we see the jedi council? are all the seats filled (by the being or by hologram) typically?

Couple of times. I think someone is a hologram in all the scenes.

- any lines from the minor jedi ever?

Mundi has some lines. (sorry, is he major or minor?)

- are any jedi in the temple shown dying, aside from when obiwan plays back the hologram?

Lucas' son buys it in front of Mace on the landing platform.

I don't care how far under a rock you live, If a guy runs the galaxy, you know his name. Thats just hard to believe as an explanation.

Well, we can make all kinds of assumptions about what Obi-Wan knew, when he knew and how he'd find out. All we know for sure is what's in the films. In ROTS, Obi-Wan leaves Anakin for dead. On fire. Later, when Padme asks if Anakin is alright, Obi-Wan says nothing. There is no mention of the twins one day defeating Vader, just Sidious. Flashforward to ANH and there is nothing to suggest Ben knew Vader existed until he drew his lightsaber on the Death Star. In fact, as I argued, Ben's omission to Luke about Vader also once BEING his father is telling. If Obi-Wan KNEW Vader was still alive, surely telling Luke that Vader murdered his father would be incredibly counter-productive because Luke would, naturally, want revenge, Obviously that's what happened anyway, but it wasn't Obi-Wan's intention. Obi-Wan wanted Luke to know his father was once a good person and a Jedi in hope that Luke would learn the ways of the Force.

I can certainly see Obi-Wan and Yoda cutting off ALL contact with the outside world. Don't forget, when Bail Organa needed to contact Obi-Wan, he needed to send his daughter. He couldn't just pick up a phone and call. Obviously Obi-Wan avoided contact -- as he should since he is one of only TWO remaining Jedi. In TPM we see the Sith easily trace a communication from Naboo to the Queen's ship on Tatooine. I'd assume Obi-Wan would want to avoid that fate again by insisting on no communications gear.

What is a can-cel?

Imagine a big dragon fly that Yoda can ride.

Now imagine it cut from the film.

If you live in Minnesota, imagine a big mosquito.

Actually, that's not your imagination!

why is yoda so ambivalent in training luke? is there anything about that?

The closest we come to a possible explanation in ROTS is the fact that at the end of the movie Yoda insists they go into hiding and let the "will of the Fo

11. Mystic_Warrior_Queen

Mystic_Warrior_Queen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005

Yes, this scene is still in.

I'll go through and get caught up on the rest now.

Thank Goodness!!!!!! Thanks DTJ!!!! WHOO HOO!
    I am so happy.

12. DarthToeJam

Aug 28, 2002
    Yes, this scene is still i

Hold the phone! I may be mistaken on that one. I thought it was, but I could be wrong. For now I'll change that to an "I'm not sure." (c'mon, I saw the movie ONCE a week ago!)

13. vaderluv

vaderluv Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2005
    I'm with you, Mystic Warrior Queen. I'd be *most* displeased if this scene is not in. hmph...

14. Mystic_Warrior_Queen

Jan 25, 2005
    Dtj I apologize if this has been asked already, but did you see the digital version or non-digital?

15. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I have seen ROTS (both times at media screenings). One was the regular print, the other was the digital print. The "baby kick" scene is most definitely *NOT* in the movie.

16. clerk

clerk Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 2, 1998
    Darn, I liked that scene

17. DarthToeJam

Aug 28, 2002
    I saw the digital print but I'll bow to Tina on this one.

18. Mystic_Warrior_Queen

Jan 25, 2005
    Dammit!

It better be in the Deleted scenes or there will be hell to pay.

19. FORCE-ME

FORCE-ME Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    Okay, I'm going to say it -- Anakin at this moment could've been a bit stronger. We don't see enough of his inner struggle finally reaching the breaking point. He cuts of Mace's hands and then Palps strikes back, flinging Mace with the lightning WAYYYY out the window. Like a Sith Home run ball, with Mace covered in energy the whole way.

After that, Anakin expresses regret,

So do you think ? In the last duel between Vader, and Luke. When vader pretty much has the upper hand . In comes sidious, to finish luke off ,with his force lightning, And you see a pause in Vader wanting to help!
    Do you think he is thinking about, when sidious did this to mace ? And he sat back ,and did nothing . This is his chance at redemtion. Just as when mace fell was the gate to his fall? Just a question I ponder, after reading this post. Sorry to jump topic a bit, but it seems valid.

20. LandoGriffin122

LandoGriffin122 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2004
    Hey Darth Toe Jam. Been a fan of yours for quite a while now and have always looked to your word on whether or not a claim is legit. Just wanted to say thanks and throw in a few questions of my own, that is, if you have the time.
    I've heard some rumblings from a friend that there may be some uncharacteristic slow motion in the film (he mentioned Yoda jumping backward while fighting in slow motion during the duel with Sidious). I just thought it sounded completely unlike George Lucas's style and something that I'd expect Peter Jackson or the Wachowski Brothers to do. Is there any cheesy slow motion in the film?
    This same friend of mine stated, during the fight with Yoda, Sidious actually disappears while cackling or something. Again, this sounded completely wrong and he wanted to make a bet with me as to whether or not he was right. Should I take this bet?
    Thanks a lot, DTJ!

21. Ludicrous_Speed

Ludicrous_Speed Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2002
    DTJ, I asked this in TDhartists thread :

One thing that's missing from the prequels were the in-cockpit shots when they go to lightspeed.

Seeing the stars stretch toward you was one of my favorite little touches from the OT.

Will we finally see that again in ROTS?

22. arthurclavin2

arthurclavin2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 27, 2003
    GL has stated that he wants to preserve the effect of first-time use for ANH.

So no.

AC2

23. Obilieveinme

Obilieveinme Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Why can't you say what have i done and still be committed to what you have done?

I made my decision..it may suck but, i'm on it.

24. DarthToeJam

Aug 28, 2002
    In the [ROTJ] duel between Vader and Luke, when vader pretty much has the upper hand . In comes sidious, to finish luke off ,with his force lightning, And you see a pause in Vader wanting to help!
    Do you think he is thinking about, when sidious did this to mace ? And he sat back ,and did nothing . This is his chance at redemtion. Just as when mace fell was the gate to his fall? Just a question I ponder, after reading this post. Sorry to jump topic a bit, but it seems valid.

I think a lot of things are probably going through Vader's mind at that moment. Luke is willing to die rather than turn -- something Anakin couldn't do when in a similar situation in ROTS. Anakin turned because he believed the only way to solve his problems was through power. But here now was Luke rejecting power and hate because he loved his father.

I've heard some rumblings from a friend that there may be some uncharacteristic slow motion in the film (he mentioned Yoda jumping backward while fighting in slow motion during the duel with Sidious). I just thought it sounded completely unlike George Lucas's style and something that I'd expect Peter Jackson or the Wachowski Brothers to do. Is there any cheesy slow motion in the film?
    This same friend of mine stated, during the fight with Yoda, Sidious actually disappears while cackling or something. Again, this sounded completely wrong and he wanted to make a bet with me as to whether or not he was right. Should I take this bet?

No slow motion that I remember. And Sidious never disappears. Take the bet!

Why can't you say what have i done and still be committed to what you have done? I made my decision..it may suck but, i'm on it.

That's what Anakin does. He may immediately regret turning against Mace, but in his mind he has no other choice. Any other decision he makes, including ending his own life, would result in losing Padme and the life he wants.

25. __Emperor__

__Emperor__ Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    Hello Dtj...i have one question which has not been addressed specifically in this forum, okay, i will be honest, i flicked through every single page up until about page 34 or something, then i decided to ask this question considering u have repeated yourself already with many, much less important questions.

My question regards the light saber duel between Yoda and Palpatine. Could you please give a precise description of it, including the display of skill on both fronts, also comparing it to yoda versus dooku. Is palpatine really the fastest light saber dueler in the galaxy? Please give a detailed account on this fight between yoda and palpatine in as much detail as you can (including force attacks), but mainly the lightsaber duel, because i have not seen this addressed in any forum thusfar. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.