main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DTJ'S Real Time Review!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthToeJam, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    I guess my question is do we get to see Anakin kneeling before Sidious when he gives him the name Darth Vader?

It was written in the book that way.

2. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    Well we still don't know why criminals become criminals, we guess, but still we don't know, we are still trying to figure it out!

3. Evenflow

Evenflow Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 4, 2004
    That's wierd, a lot of people who saw the movie said Duel of the Fates isn't in it. I'm happy though because I like it.

4. Padawan_Lamer

Padawan_Lamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    yet the key moment-Anakin's turn, is rushed and handled poorly?

I don't think he exactly said it was handled poorly.

5. denseyjedi

denseyjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    He becomes a mass murderer and we are saying to ourselves in the audience "why are you DOING this?!"

He doesn't becomes a mass murderer in ROTS he did that in AOTC...

6. AnakinBrego

Jul 15, 2004
    Jedibri we do see anakin kneeling, it's in the new commercial on the official site!

7. steven79

steven79 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2003
    You said that you saw the digital print, did Yoda land on Dagobah in it?

8. Jedi_Interceptor

Jedi_Interceptor Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2005
    Again, everyone focuses like a laser on the negative. :rolleyes:

9. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    DTJ, how is the posse killed? Do they go in order listed, Saesee, Agen, then Kit?

IS Shaak Ti in the film?

10. DarthToeJam

DarthToeJam Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    The Dual Persona Theory I have to say is up for interpretation. There isn't a SNAP moment where it's obvious that Anakin has turned. He starts ACTING like a SIth, but its mainly from others who say he is no longer the guy he was. I'll have more on that later.

11. TYCHO_VOSS

TYCHO_VOSS Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    DTJ--Now that you've seen the Mace/Sids duel, how do you compare it thematically with that of the Luke/Emperor scene. From what I am reading of your comments about that particular scene is interesting.

12. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Would you mind giving a brief rundown of the Obi-Wan/Grievous fight (from when Obi-Wan says "Hello there" to Grievous' death?).

13. TravCon12

TravCon12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    In my opinion the way DTJ is describing Anakin's turn sounds quite good, and no where does he say its "handled poorly" guys. Ease up a bit as you are jumping to quickly to a negative conclusion.

14. JED1_KN1GHT

JED1_KN1GHT Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    yeah densey, but no one gives a crap about sand people.. they deserved it..animals...

but the cute little kids with their little helmets and their little lightsabers...oh now, only a BAD motha *shut yo mouth* could kill them

15. Hudson1138

Hudson1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2005
    DTJ please please please please please answer my question please!

how does the I HATE YOU line sound?

is anakin burning up a scene where the audience sorta just starred jaw dropped thinking omg.

16. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Voice-overs in Star Wars? That's a new one...

17. Obilieveinme

Obilieveinme Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Why does Anakin cry?

18. AnakinBrego

Jul 15, 2004
    Actually Lucas said in the Making of ROTS book that Anakin is doubting his actions all the way to the end, that leaves it to there is still good in him, and Darth Vader has consumed Anakin as Yoda states!

19. Jumpman

Jumpman Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    He's saying the scene is difficult in that, the very next scene, Anakin marches into the Temple and begins cleansing the Jedi Order.

Even in the script, it was tough. But I always looked at like this: He's made his choice. He can't go back because he needs to save Padme. That drives him. And if doing Sidious' biding is what it takes, then so be it. The Jedi were using me and even Palpatine was using me. I'll use them now. Hence the reason why when Padme comes to Mustafar, he asks her to join him. He will overthrow Sidious, which basically shows his loyalty to Sidious...which is nothing.....this is how I read it on paper.

20. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    DTJ, how can that be? There is a moment in the film where he kneels before Palpatine, pledges himself to the sith and it literally given the sith name Darth Vader. It doesn't get anymore obvious than that, that he has turned...

21. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    People, we've been through this twice already. This review is not of the FINISHED product. It'll have some things that GL and perhaps others will want to make "Better" More jar jar perhaps?

So Spoil me now!!

And does Padme REALLY die of a broken heart. After you answer all the other stuff, if it's no trouble, could you give some details on how that scene played and what your thoughts on it were? Thanks, whoever you are.

22. DarthToeJam

DarthToeJam Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    No Shaak Ti death. I don't remeber seeing her.

The Mace scene doesn't feel rushed or poorly done, its just that you sort of wish there was a clearer line drawn when EXACTLY Anakin turns. He's regretful one moment and killing Jedi a few minutes later. You could argue (and we WILL) that ANakin DID turn completely at that moment, but I wanted to REALLY see it clearly in his eyes (not necessarily yellow -- that comes later in the Mustafar scenes)

23. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I think Anakin turning and there still seeming to be some regret in him at that point is intentional. You have to remember that he is, eventually, going to come back to the good side. He's not turning to the dark side because he's evil, but because he is trying to do what he thinks is the right thing for himself. But then the dark side takes over and makes him do evil things, and he gets to like the power that comes from it. But having there appear to be some slight resistance when he initially turns plays into what Padme and Luke both go on to say later: "There is still good in him."

I mean, we all want Anakin to turn and become evil and do it willingly, but I don't think that's the point. There is a good person somewhere inside him that is aware the things he's doing are bad; he just isn't listening to it.

24. KaptainKaos

KaptainKaos Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2004
    To me, if it goes TOO quick, it is handled poorly.

I mean, you go from "What have I done?" to "Ok I'll kill hundreds more people, even children" in mere seconds, something is a bit off.

Then again, I might think it is fine when I see it, but as of now I don't know what I will really think of it.

25. Darthette

Darthette Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2003
    Anakin probably cries for the same reason he cried after the Tusken slaughter. He knows he's done the wrong thing, but whatever else is raging in him keeps him heading in the same direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.