Dual-Alias Admins, Secret Agendas, and Firing Beloved Moderators

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran, Oct 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran Force Ghost

star 3
    Fact -- Azeem is an Administrator at the new Starwars.com message boards. His name on the new message boards is Carnor_Jax.

Fact -- Things here at TF.n changed substantially, and for the worst, around the time that tonyf was demoted and Vertical initially resigned. There was, in fact, a polarization of power around certain Administrators here, and many outspoken (in TF.n cicles) references to who should stay and who should be fired. Azeem's actions, though labelled publically as hasty, were actually condoned by most TF.n staff. That climate remains today.

Fact -- According to a person "in the know" at TF.n (whose name will remain anonymous), Vertical, Padme Bra, and Chyren are on the "short list" for firing. The reason that is given for this upcoming sacking is that these three Moderators are too "power-hungry". Meanwhile, people like PreacherBoy and Darth Ludicrous stand to be promoted as a result of the politics of favoritism being played around here.

On the principle of the events about to take place, and on the strength of the reliability of the sources and events that have happened at TF.n, I encourage Moderators and Posters alike to walk out on this board. It's apparent that the wishes of most Posters aren't taken into account, if favorite Moderators such as Vertical, Chyren, and Padme Bra are in danger of being fired. Apparently, clandestine alliances mean a lot more to the TF.n honchos than months of hard work and loyalty do.

I encourage you all to walk out on this board in protest of its continuing duplicity and deterioration.

SDA
  2. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Chyren, Vert, and PBra are some of the best moderators this place has seen. Frankly to even think that Preacherboy would be more accepted in this environment really shows the attitude of this board and its owners. That a person who si nothing more then a suck-up and has a very spotty record as a moderator is consider more valuble then people who have become liked by the membership and have devoted a lot of time and evergy into this board is sad. Its bulldookie. But I guess we can't have managers who question authority. We can't have managers who have their own opinions and who's lips are locked permently on the collective asses of this site's owners. We can't have managers who do their job.

Over the past few months my signature gets more and more true. This place is the hole right now. And hearing this news really makes me think that this place will soon be nothing more then the worst Star Wars message board on the net.
  3. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Sorry, but I definitely am staying. I absolutely love this place and have aspirations of being a mod as well. I can't speak on what it was like, but I know that I have very positive visions of how it can be. The mods you spoke of on the supposed "short-list" in my opinion have always been helpful and have the best interests of the boards at heart. Just because some folks feel TF.N is not what it once was should not feel that this is permanent. Everything goes through cycles. There are newer folks like me who take great pride in posting intelligently, treating others with respect, and keeping respectability and decency at the forefront.
  4. Flanneled1 Jedi Padawan

They should all be fired and replaced

Wipe them out. All of them.
  5. DarthNut Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If this is true then, well, it sucks.
    However, I shall without my opinion until I see this happenening, and what time I will be greatly pissed.

DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.
  6. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    That's just the point, Sapient. An attitude like that won't get you anywhere here. Trust me.

Vertical
  7. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Vert, Chy, Padme Br and Tonyf were and are among the best mods this place has ever seen.

The thought of Azeem having any power over at the SW forums makes me sick. He shouldn't be doing the job here, let alone there.
  8. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Its not a cycle any more. A cycle eventually takes a positive turn. This has been going downhill for almost a year now.

I love this place too. Which is why the current state of the forums pains me so much. I used to spend hours here, chatting and debating and discussing different aspects of Star Wars. No more. And this latest is just a current sign that the adminstaration gives absolutley no crap about us and what we think. You want be a mod one day? Good for you, I applaud you. But be prepared to sacrifice a lot for that posistion. The way things are heading now, if you want to be a mod, you will not be able to buck the trend in anyway. You can have no opinions contrary to those of the current site owners. If you don't believe me then look at this topic.
  9. Santee Ordrin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    And those who have been named to be on the up and up, have not been known for teh respect and itelligent posts that you so want to see Sapient. THat is the problem here. Do you want mods here who actually mod and are tactful and intelligent about what they do, or do you want those who speak in code and can't seem to do a good job?

That is the question. And no matter how much you might want to be a mod, it seems like TF.N staff really have no idea on how to actually run messageboards like these...
  10. Izzi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    LOL!

I love how they say these mods are "power hungry."

Are you kidding me?!?!

Sooo stupid.
  11. JediWarrior Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, no comment on Vertical, but
    PadmeBra and Chyren are perhaps the two most active/best mods/admins we have around here.

Sorry Vert, no hard feelings...but that Joseph Goebbels thing still doesn't make sense to me. Sorry, it just does.
  12. Darth_Dolza Force Ghost

star 5
    If this stuff is on the up and up, it's a sad day when good moderators are on the "short list" for dismissal, not because they slipped up and did something wrong, but because the powers that be are paranoid and think that this place is actually some kind of Wall Street business worth millions of dollars.

Powers that be, get a clue. It's a message board, not Goldman-Sachs. Nobody's planning a "hostile takeover". Nobody's trying to drag your names through the mud.

I wish this place could be more like it was a year ago when I signed up.
  13. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    To me, power hungry means butt-kissing and agreeing with everything your boss says no matter what. Now who does that describe? Certainly not Chyren, Vert and PBra.
  14. Izzi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Well it was bound to happen. Every successful enterprise gets to a point where input from others becomes a perceived threat to their status.
  15. Gen. Madine's Hairpiece Manager Emeritus

star 4
    JW, it was me who got pissed about the Nazi stuff. Don't blame Vert.
  16. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    We all look the same to him, I guess.

heh.

Vertical
  17. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    Doesn't power hungry = moderating on two separate boards? Azeem mods here and on the SW.com boards.
  18. Izzi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    You know the part that really hacks me off. Some of us have been fighting against these stupid new rules, these increasingly repressive regulations and have developed a serious migraine not to mention a bad reputation. Now it turns out the very mods that were enforcing these rules don't agree with them. What the hell is that about?! Silent disagreement is considered agreement, you know.
  19. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    This has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing with rules!
  20. Izzi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I can't imagine what else it could be about.
  21. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    It doesn't have anything to do with rules, really.

Vertical
  22. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    Meanwhile, people like PreacherBoy and Darth Ludicrous stand to be promoted as a result of the politics of favoritism being played around here.

Since we're throwing around opinions, maybe their promotion is due because those two are damn fine people. Meanwhile Padme Bra, and especially Vertical have all been polically-minded. In fact, Vertical told Jedi-Jade to post about Darthcleo's retirement just to further push the issue of a vacent top spot to better further his own JC Career.
  23. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    Yeah, Cigam, that's REALLY what happened, and why...

:rolleyes

Vertical
  24. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    Perhaps you'd care to explain your reasoning, Cigam Retah?
  25. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    By the way, I'm just going to go on record as to say that I love Chyren. I think he does excellent work and it behoves the JC to have him around.

Perhaps that opinion should also sway some from thinking I'm part of some 'Alliance.'

And of course Sentator Dzrekpo Amegnran isn't posting these views because of his affiliation with the Refuge in any way.

*edit*

Vertical, I'm calling you out. I was talking to Jedi Jade when you sent her the message. She then went and posted the thread in the Communciations. Then Darthcleo posted in SAID thread that she wished it could have been done in a more 'official' way.

Sorry bud.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.