main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dual-Alias Admins, Secret Agendas, and Firing Beloved Moderators

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran, Oct 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    gundark- Thanks for that update. I had no idea. I'm now doing one of my daily news scours, in absolute disgust :(

Obey Wann- I commend you for trying to be a critical and responsible member of the JC, but like Mr. P pointed out, you are hardly being objective. Then again, pride is a very dynamic emotion... I know I've spent some time reading some interesting texts on the subject.

2. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    [image=http://www.anthrax.com/images/ant_logo.gif]

Everyone exacuate the thread!

3. DarthNivuahc

DarthNivuahc Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Man... you all crack me up.

This has been some of the best reading I have done in a while!

The funniest/saddest thing about it is that you all seem to think that your opinions count!

[face_laugh]

As if TF.n isn't gonna do whatever they want anyway!

[face_laugh]

Wooooo... keep it comin'... I can't stop laughing!

And, for the record, I think Vertical, PadmeBra, and Chyren are some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of being associated with... even if it is on a message board.

I don't think I've ever had any personal contact with Nathan, but his actions over the past 24 hours deserves my respect.

And as far as PreacherBoy goes... don't know him. But if he can generate this much entertainment by being a tool... I say keep that guy around!

Hey... if it helps any, you can ban me too PB :)

One last thing... Missy... I think I'm in love [face_blush]

Where's the popcorn? ?[face_plain]

4. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    I can't believe I didn't see this yesterday.

This thread makes me a saaaddd panda. :(

Seriously though I wish so much didn't take place behind closed doors, because it ALL ends up as hearsay and conjecture. Both sides get their reputations smeared; it makes us a board look bad, and divided.

I definetly do not want to see Vert Padme or Chy forceably removed. Vert and Chy have both stepped down on their own accord without incident, which is hardly the definition of power hungry (Padme hasn't been a mod long enough to do this really). And it also reaffirms that they are volunteers and not "Mods for life". I certainly cannot think of any mod I want to see step down, but it when they've done it so long it's refreshing to see them step away because it does show that they're in it for the boards and not the power or control.

Anyway I'll take it all with a grain of salt and thankfully the Anthrax case in NY isn't too serious, hopefully it'll remain that way.

5. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    Can I get the audio version of this thread as read by Sir Ian McKellan and James Earl Jones?

Edit: YOU..SHALL NOT... POST!

6. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    And as far as PreacherBoy goes... don't know him. But if he can generate this much entertainment by being a tool... I say keep that guy around!

You have to be kidding me, right??? NO mod should be kept strictly at entertainment value. Just be fortunate you haven't had... problems with him like some other people here have had.

In addition to Nathan's list of PB's disservices, he once impersonated an older member by the name of Admiral Maciejewski. From what I understand, they got into an argument a couple of years ago (this is back on UBB, mind you) and PB took it upon himself to make AM look bad in the eyes of the JC. As a memory refresher, AM was particularly known for his lengthy essays.

PB created a handle that bore the exact same name as AM's, except instead of a space, he had a null character inserted instead. UBB recognized these as separate names, but nobody could tell upon first look. PB gave the name to someone, and this member pretty much posted garbage, making people wonder about the real AM.

Eventually PB was caught and temporarily demoted. This might be an ancient JC history lesson, but it's only proof that he has made nary a change since his UBB moderating days.

PB, I can't help but agree with what your fellow mods and so many others have iterated here - if you don't give a rip about representing TF.N while modding at the same time, step down. If you need further illustrating, imagine yourself behind the counter at a convenience store. You might be the best at operating a till and checking for expired products, but you're rude to the customers at the same time. Soon, nobody wants to come to your store because nobody likes dealing with clerks with an attitude.

7. gundark

gundark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 1999
    This job would be great if it wasn't for the freakin' customers.

8. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    Scummy, again. Bravo, my friend.

At this point I agree that if there are personal conflicts among people, perhaps trying to sort them out privately may be the best solution.

We are all human, and sometimes in our most heated moments, we can make the wrong decisions. But if we don't learn from our mistakes and don't try to solve them in a productive and professional manner, we have learned nothing.

I encourage any moderator or member who has a personal problem with someone else to try and work it out privately, starting now.

If the problem cannot be solved, oh well. Perhaps you will both agree to disagree. That's life.

By all means, if you have a problem with how I do my job, tell me. But if your problem with me, or any other moderator or member, is that of a personal nature, it is best left out of this thread.

9. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    "You might be the best at operating a till and checking for expired products, but you're rude to the customers at the same time. Soon, nobody wants to come to your store because nobody likes dealing with clerks with an attitude."

So you're saying position dictates behavior?

Watch out, he's gonna spit water in your face!

10. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Hmmmm.... What a thread. [face_plain]... [face_laugh]

11. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I officially certify this thread:

[image=http://varrice.homestead.com/files/Stamp.gif]

12. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Saint - That comment was aimed at PB specifically, not at modship in general. I used that to compare to how he behaves at the JC.

13. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    God this is so pathetic.

And for the record I feel Chyren, Padme and Vertical are good mods. I don't have a problem with Preacherboy either.

Oh and Admiral Maciejewski is a jerk.

14. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    It's very conveinant to refer to refer to older mistakes I made and served my time for, isn't it? Especially when you don't have anything that legitimate, other than I don't respond well to people that are obviously create schemes to cause disruptions in the JC.

I like Missy's attitude, a LOT. Do one of two things:

1. Develop the courage to talk about problems with the person. [Personally, I won't bite your head off or hold any sort of ill feelings toward you, at all]
    2. Develop enough respect to know that you should talk to the person, instead of inciting DRAMA in JC Communications. [It may seem like fun, but if you want truely hold a claim of intelligence in your argument, you've got to realize that you're doing more harm that good for the JC by carrying things out in a mob-appeal type way]

15. Jotun Denal

Nov 4, 1999
    "What the **** is the internet?!"

16. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
  17. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    "The Internet? That thing still around?" --- Homer J. Simpson

18. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    "Oh, the Internet is on computers nowa, is it?" --Homer Simpson

Quote:
    "Also, I think it's important to recogni[z]e that some admins pretty much work entirely behind the scenes." --AlphaWolf

Very true! I am one such mod.

Quote:
    "I am still unhappy with his [Azeem's] actions in the past, but I will do my best to leave them in the past. Yes, he needs some tact, but I will drop my "one man war" against him, because I was probably overtepping my bounds and making a mountain out of a mole hill. I apologize and wil do my best to treat Azeem with more respect, both on this board and elsewhere." --Obey Wann

Bravo! Great post! :D I agree 100%.

Obey Wann and DarthNivuahc, thank you very much! I appreciate your support. :)

I have e-mailed Joshua Griffin about this situation and have tried to include everyone's views in that e-mail. He has assured me that major changes are in store for the JC. We appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions. God bless you guys for having the courage to speak your opinions!

19. Jotun Denal

Nov 4, 1999
    Look...

Just make me a Mod. already, before it's too late.

I've been around since April 99...I am gonna die soon!

20. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Yeah Jotun would turn this place right around. Jotun for mod!

21. scum&villainy

scum&villainy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    NathanDahlin:

"...major changes are in store for the JC. We appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions. God bless you guys for having the courage to speak your opinions! "

Why do those words and letters spell ZERO CHANGE to me?

Dan - who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?

22. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    it's great to finally see everyone (Obey Wann, Missy, Nathan, and even Preacherboy ;)) getting along and posting constructively. we are that much closer to solving this problem.

I have e-mailed Joshua Griffin about this situation and have tried to include everyone's views in that e-mail. He has assured me that major changes are in store for the JC. -- Nathan

:eek:would Nathan or Josh care to elaborate?

23. Jotun Denal

Nov 4, 1999
    Amen, Dan.

42!

24. DarthNut

DarthNut Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 1, 1999
    God, the future of this place looks bleak.
    Those changes Josh promised can't come soon enough.

DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.

25. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    So do those major changes ensure that Jotun will be a mod? Looks like your number's up kid...make em proud.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.