Discussion in 'Communications' started by Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran, Oct 11, 2001.
God all help us if that happenened!
the nuttiest guy around.
It has started; the final death throes of what was once the glorious JC.
Remember this day. This time.
For we have just lost our brightest star.
Honestly we really could use some humor/a dumbass to help us out. =)
Sweet Martha Great Aunt of Jebus my head hurts now.
Scum&Villiany-Good thing you're not being melodramatic.
It's quite possible that many people will leave the OS boards, which extremly suck, and mabye less members will help us work out stuff better.
It seems that place will be a haven for morons, weirdos and people who smell funny.
the nuttiest guy around.
Forgive me, but I haven't read the whole topic. I've worked 2 eleven hour days in a ron on only six hours sleep and haven't the patience to pull on my BS waders.
First of all, no one is getting fired, SDA. You coming out and making that up is the first thing that seriously calls into question your motivations. Whoever told you that CHyren and PadmeBra are power hungry is sorely misinformed or mis-opinionated. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I'll be honest and say I had initial reservations about PadmeBra becoming an admin, but I wouldn't want to be without him now. I shouldn't have to say anything about CHyren. His prowess with trolls is legendary, and I suspect that dealing with them gave him as much pleasure as anything else at the JC.
Secondly, tonyf's firing happened because of something the the websites owners could not in good conscous accept happening or allow to happen again. They can let any of us go at any time for any reason they see fit. Unfortunately, tonyf gave them a decent reason. The fact he had been suspended before didn't help.
You have to remember that the core staff doesn't hire the admins. We admins do that ourselves, so that gives the owners, the core staff the right to negate any of our decisions, including the hiring of admins. Gatherer and I fought tooth and claw to get most of the others accept Kadue, but if Scott or Josh didn't like him, for whatever reason, it wouldn't make a difference.
Oh, and why don't I let people forget I was more or less the first civilian mod? Because the JC is my baby. I've been involved in a lot of BS to happen here, a lot of it which even happened before your time, SDA (remember the locking of one-worder and Paradox's battlefield promotion to admin? remember me sticking up for Mayor against his greatest basher, Chyren, ironically enough?. But I've also been around for and been involved in a all of positive things happening here. There was the Spoilers/non-Spoilers split, the creation of Your JC Community, the ascendance of all the other mods, especially Chyren who jasman and I were all too enthusiastic to bring aboard. There has also been the prodigious posting of Star Wars authors, artists, and editors. I can't take responsiblity for making all of them posting here, but I did play a part in verifying many of them as legitimate and keeping the atmosphere friendly when one in particlar threatened to leave (I convinced her to stay and solved the problem). I bet you didn't know I authored all of the forum descriptions (at least the last time I checked.)
I moved more into the background, but that doesn't mean I have to let people forget that the JC is my baby too.
SDA, let me be honest with you. I do not remember when you first came to the JC, but I do know that my first impression of you was not a positive one. My memory may not be perfect, but I seem to recall you being a troll or flamer, possibly even being spanked. This most recent stunt of yours just proves my impression even more. JC and TF.N private matters are not yours to make public, not yours to politicize for your own ends for whatever silly vengeances you are so bitterly trying to invoke. Honestly, I'm surprised you haven't been banned for this.
You should mind your own business in the future.
I don't know if he was just kidding or not, but Chyren (or ~~Chy~~ at SW.com) mentioned something over there about stepping down from the TFN boards. So I'm not sure if he still considers himself an active mod.
Yes, he has resigned.
Guys, a couple of points, here. Some of which have been previously mentioned, but they apparently need to be reiterated.
1. From the very start, this thread has been a rather pitiful attempt to cause an uproar (which has succeeded, unfortunately) based upon mob hysteria, scanty evidence, and a he-said, she-said story that is ridiculously minor in the grand scheme of things.
I am truly ashamed for a good many of the people of the people who have posted so far, and have lost a considerable amount of respect for people on both sides of the isle.
2. This thread, and the behind-the-scenes politiking accompanying it, is simply divisive to what this forum stands for. This is a community to discuss Star Wars. We're all united in our communal fandom of Lucas' films, or at least we were up until this point.
3. Chyren, Padme Bra, and Vertical are in no, repeat, NO danger of being removed from office. Their record of service to this board has been nothing less than exemplary, and they should all be commended.
4. While I share no love for PreacherBoy, I must credit him with showing the capability to moderate a board such as this. I credit him with being an integral part of the ongoing process to turning me into a responsible member of the Jedi Council, and dragging me from the brink of being banned.
Although I can safely say I will never like the guy, he has been a capable and effective moderator out of the public eye.
5. We are all human here, people. We're all fallible, we all make mistakes. However, there are all punishments for our actions. While PreacherBoy's history may or may not be less than shining, his continuing presence here means that TheForce.net's staff feels that he is still fit to moderate.
Their judgement stands on this issue, people. Like it or not, that's the bottom line.
6. Every moderator here was selected for their concern and care for the boards in general. Their dedication to this community is nothing less than admirable, and should be an example for all of us to pursue in our time here on the Jedi Council. If in any way that dedication left the moderator, than that staff member would no longer serve the Jedi Council, one way or the other.
7. Jotun Denal, let me be very clear on this:
NO CHANCE IN HELL.
8. People, honestly, this is not the back halls of Congress. This is a Star Wars message board. Getting into a back-stabbing political frenzy over this hive of nerds is truly incredibly pathetic.
9. In the future, let us keep threads like this involving off-board discussion and intrigue off-boards. Not only is crap like this not suited for a community such as this, but you must have faith that appropriate information will be given to you by the Administration here at the Jedi Council. If there's something you and I need to know about, by God, we'll know about it.
In the mean time, let us move on to what this board is here for: real and meaningful discussion over the Star Wars saga.
HOLY CRAP ON A STICK!!!! HE'S GONE??!!!!
Missy, Chyren resigned and now the SW.com boards are dead! He might be coming back if that's the case.
That was fast.
Is that Chyren I hear knocking?
These forums are going downhill fast.
He doesn't moderate the sw.com boards, to my knowledge, so why would he come back?
Well if those SW.com boards crap out the man's gotta post somewhere.
SDA, on the subject of Azeem, that's really not any of your business. That is a TF.N-LFL matter completely out of our hands. If LFL doesn't think having a mod from a competing board is a conflict of interest, that is their business not ours. Personally, I think they would be better of dropping Chyren in a clone tank and hiring him, because he would filter out the bullcrap in no time at all, as would the few admins devoted to the Community section of our boards.
Nothing is going to be resolved here because there is nothing to resolve.
Chyren, Padme Bra and Vert have not been fired. Until that happens, it's all unfounded speculation and is not the proper basis for an informed discussion.
Whatever 'secret' agenda any particular member has at this board, whether they are a Mod or not, it's ultimately harmless. What would be the ultimate goal for any particular 'agenda'? World domination?
I know for a fact that most of the people who post at the Refuge do so because they want little or nothing to do with the JC.
This thread is degenerating into another petty forum for venting and ego tripping and should just be shut down, burned and disinfected.
I told you it wouldn't be long before they were down. Even if they come back up with some new sort of moderation scheme, it is still a very foolish endeavor.
"This thread is degenerating into another petty forum for venting and ego tripping and should just be shut down, burned and disinfected."
"Are you not ashamed to air your private griefs when the country's sick?" - Jocasta, Oedipus Rex
We've all had our chances to flame each other; that's well and good, but I don't see progress being made here any more. Just shut this one down.
Damn straight, DLM.
"I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war." - Queen Amidala/PadmÃ©
"The funeral bak'd meats did coldly furnish forth the marriage tables." -- Hamlet
Seems that people have at least calmed down.
Changes are in the works, so how about we wait until they are known before judging them.
And DLM is right, there is nothing more that can be served by this thread.