main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dual-Alias Admins, Secret Agendas, and Firing Beloved Moderators

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran, Oct 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izzi

Izzi Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    Then it should have happened two months ago when it would have been deserved and would have mattered. Now it's just a frustrated little boy's attempt at regaining control on an argument he knows he's lost.

2. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    You think I'm frustrated?

:D

3. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Okay okay, I can't stand to see this dragged out any longer.

I confess, I sold out. I've been spying for Azeem this whole time.

Some of the secrets I've passed him.

Missninfan is actually a 43 year old former child actress who's spent 4 years prison for drug possesion.
    Cigam is actually a big magic fan but is ashamed of it.
    Vertical is a quadrapelegic recovering alcoholic.
    CA is tony blair
    SDA is a former Clinton intern who can't come to terms with the fact Clinton didn't want him.
    PreacherBoy was defrocked for illicit conduct with a goldfish.

Theres more but I feel so ashamed right now i can hardly type.

4. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    farraday, you always make me laugh! :)

5. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I find it personally insulting, and offensive that you claim that certain admins have secret agenda's...

6. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    How dare you?!

I'm not a day over 35!

7. Demodex

Demodex Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    I wouldn't be surprised at all to find that certain moderators have "secret agendas."

8. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Well, my agenda was pretty obvious, being that I was promoted to being the Spoiler Admin.

9. DarthNut

DarthNut Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 1, 1999
    Well, this has turned into the spitting match I thought it would!
    At least we've calmed down some and the name calling has ceased.

I trust the administration. Sure, I may hate some admins guts and think others are doing a remarkably great job, but I trust them enough so they will get the job done. I have faith in them. And this place has some MAJOR problems that really need to be fixed, but if we work as a Community, owners, administration, members, perhaps this place will be somewhat restored, and lifted out of the downward spiral it's been in for quite a long time!

:) DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.

10. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Obey Wann, your relentless crusade against Azeem absolutely disgusts me. Do you have any idea how much that man contributes to the Star Wars fan community? The forums are just a small part of what he does for Star Wars fans.

He runs the Fan Films section of TFN, which gets a huge amount of media attention. The job requires him to speak to media personnel and answer questions and provide information all the time. He was just interviewed for the well-known cinema magazine Premiere and has been on national news in the past. Being a public-relations guy for TFN around the clock is no easy task. And that's just one facet of the job. He has to accept and reject films, upload them, communicate with the filmmakers, and implement changes to the website. Furthermore, he's a cornerstone member of the 501st Legion, the largest Imperial costuming club in the world. He coordinates events that not only enrich your SW convention experience, but perhaps more importantly brighten up the day of hospitalized kids and other charity events. As you know, he was also asked to help set up the StarWars.com forums, too. And this is just the stuff that I know he does.

So you disagree with a policy choice he made several months ago (and one that TFN Staff acquiesced). That's not reason enough to pounce on him at every drop of a hat.

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    It's funny how you can hang out in the Spoiler board, be an active participant in the Fan Force forums, and basically enjoy one's freetime here on the TF.N boards, only to have it all ruined by wandering into the JC Community/Communications boards. This is so completely pointless I'm dumbfounded. I'm just happy all this political crap is contained here...you all are taking these boards waaaaay too seriously. Admins and moderators have nothing to do with making these boards great, it's the people who post here.

12. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Yes, I do nothing.

13. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    If you complain about the way I handle your complaints and have a problem with it: stop complaining.

14. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Can I complain about the fact that I can't complain?

'cause really I just want to bitch at admins, the subject doesn't really matter.

Stupid saucer people.

15. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    frankly, as long as i get to curse frequently, make constant , unsubtle references to my substance abuse and am able to flaunt my boyish good looks i will stay here, regardless of the dudes in charge

16. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Humble, I think they're mad at us for making a mockery of their stupid arguement.

Mock,
    mock mock

mock mock mock mock mock

17. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Wow, looks like everybody has grown up! I guess I can leave the JC finally.

18. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    I think Senator Dzrekp Amegnran just wants to become MOD, that's all....... LOL :) .

19. scum&villainy

scum&villainy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    Is it as pathetic as you threatening to beat that guy to death with a baseball bat, Beowulf?

I'd say not.

HA

20. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Considering we're sitting here arguing over control of a Star Wars message board I'd say we're well past calling each other pathetic.

That being said, you all are pathetic.

21. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Don't make me ban you for flaming, farradick.

:D

D'oh!

22. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    "The Administration will ban anyone who is planning any sort of deconstructive interruption/attack on the JC."

So that definition can be expanded to mean anyone who says something that certain segments of the administration doesn't like?

I said it a long time ago when I resigned as admin, and I'll say it again: The amount of corruption and malfeasance I see here is extraordinary. And that's unfortunate, because this is only an online message board. No one has real power here. It's a lot easier if everyone just drops their ulterior motives, because gaining prestige at the JC does not bring you any closer to taking over the world.

23. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Yes.

To DLM you listen.

24. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    What DLM said. This is pointless, realpoliticking on a messageboard.

--Mr. P

25. scum&villainy

scum&villainy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    The original intent of this thread was to bring light on the fact that serious changes are being planned to the staff of this board - changes which do not agree with the general feeling of the community and which reek of favouritism and hypocracy.

Unfortunately, some of the wider issues surrounding the board moderators have come into play. This dilution of the original intent is disappointing - everyone seems to have an axe to grind about something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.