main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dubious engagement--Jaina/Jag AU; *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aurrasingrules101, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Poor Jaina. :( I can't even imagine having an arranged marriage. Great post though. You write it so that it is very easy to sympathize with both Jaina and Jag. I'm looking forward to more!!

2. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Its so refreshing to see a truly different idea, and so well written!

Loving it ... and waiting for more.

oldj

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Wow, poor Jag and Jaina! This has to be rough!

Great update!

4. Rebel-at-Heart

Rebel-at-Heart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2005
    Syal laid a cautious hand on Jaina?s shoulder. ?I understand what you must be going through. Please do not suppose that I supported this.?
    A hopeful sign. [face_praying]

A single tear ran down her face and dripped off her chin.

This part gave me more than a single tear. :_| :_| :_|

Well done! I'm looking forward to more, hopefully with some happy signs.

PS - I can't see how Mara would work here. I think Jaina's personality would have reflected more of Mara's influence, just like in canon. Thanks for considering my question.

5. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Poor Jaina :( At least Syal is sympathetic and won't purposely make her life horrible. Great job!

6. vadersgoddess

vadersgoddess Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2005
    *sniff* *tear*
    this is so beautifully sad it's making me cry. and it's so real too. great job.

lyz

7. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    That was a great update. So sad.

On your question of Mara or not, I think Mara doesn't really fit in with the version of Luke or Jaina you have going at the moment.

8. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Wow, this is good. :)

So sad and yet hopeful at the same time.

Can't wait to see more of it.

9. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    This is a great story line!!!

Poor Jaina and Jag. Neither of them are ones to be forced into something. :(

can't wait for more!

10. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    thanks everybody! i'm so glad you all like this. again, if anyone wants to be put on the PM list, just notify me. Thanks again!

PS-I'll start on CH3 this evening. i write really fast, so I might get it up tonight. [face_praying]

11. s_skywalker

s_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    plz put me on the PM list thankx
    great story!!

12. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    I think Soontir and Jagged are going to have their hands full when she finally tries out to be a pilot.

S.

13. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    I could have made this one longer, but decided to stick to one theme. hope you all like.

Chapter 3

Jaina fled immediately to the fresher upon their arrival, locking herself inside and not coming out for some time. She sat on the floor in the corner, knees drawn up to her chest. What was she going to do? She would die before she let him touch her, though she wasn?t sure that anything of the kind was on his mind.

If anything Jagged Fel seemed as distraught by the nuptials as she was. She got the distinct feeling that he wanted as little to do with her as she did with him. He was permeated with misery in the Force. She tried to shut herself off to it, but he had a strong, domineering presence that wasn?t easily ignored.

When she had been in seclusion for close to two hours she finally drew up enough strength to brave the outside world. She palmed open the door and peered outside. He was nowhere to be found in the bedroom. She extended her Force-awareness and found him in the living room. Confident that she was free of any unwanted intrusions, she took off the gown quickly, throwing it in a wrinkled pile on the floor. She put on a pair oversized pajama pants that had belonged to her brother Anakin until he outgrew them?Jaina was the smallest of her siblings by far despite the fact she was oldest?and a T-shirt that was baggy and at least two sizes too large. It was very unflattering; all the better. She wrapped herself in a robe and tied the sash tightly before venturing into the kitchen. He turned from his sitting position on the couch as he heard her enter, but made no comment. She said nothing either.

She grabbed herself a small pastry and a glass of blue milk and retreated quickly back into the bedroom. She ate quietly, by herself. She had no appetite, but knew she needed to eat to keep her strength up and so nibbled every once and a while until she finished it.

By then it was getting dark outside. The thought made her nauseous. It would be time to go to sleep soon. That meant he would come in there with her. She let her mind go no farther than that. She would have nothing to do with him.

She spent perhaps the next hour and a half just rearranging things in the room. She went from cabinets to dressers to closets to even the pictures on the wall. She moved everything around at least twice before she became satisfied with the feel of it. Bored but hoping she would stay that way, she went to look out the transparisteel window that led to her balcony. Speeders an hovertaxis, along with the occasional clawcraft patrol, buzzed by intermittently. But it wasn?t like Coruscant. It didn?t teem with life. The frigid climate kept most people indoors. Compared even to smaller worlds Jaina had seen, such as Mon Calamari or Bothawui, Csilla was sparse and desolate.

The door behind Jaina slid open. Jag came inside but still didn?t speak. He pulled a few things out of one of his drawers and went wordlessly to the ?fresher. Jaina didn?t want to speak, and so slid out of the robe and climbed into the enormous bed. She curled herself as far as she could to the edge, glad for the distance if he did the same. When he came out Jaina didn?t look, speak, or even breathe. She buried her face in the pillow and pretended to be asleep. He went to the side of the bed opposite her, putting a good two meters between them. Neither spoke.

As she lay in the dark, Jaina wondered if this was what the rest of her life would be like. Would she always be so uncomfortable in her own house, always feel so awkward? Would she ever be able to have those nights when she and her brothers and her uncle stayed up all night watching old movies and laughing and talking? Would she ever have a three-on-one lightsaber match again where the odds were still ridiculously in Luke?s favor, but he was kind enough to pretend to lose anyway? The thought made her want to laugh, but it caught in her throat and turned to a sob. He was such a pitifully bad actor it was cute, like when you see a stuffed Ewok or a baby Sullustan.

And J

14. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    And she can only get better.

S.

15. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Great, once again. Yay, things are starting to get better for Jaina. She definately deserves to be in their military. Nice work aurra!

16. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Fun chapter! =D= I'm totally addicted to this story.

She nodded slowly. She looked over at him and grinned mischievously. ?Afraid??

?No,? he scoffed.

She used the Force to do a back flip onto the top of the pod. She looked down at him, smiling, and said, ?You should be.?

Indeed, he should be. [face_laugh]

I loved how they're starting to get more comfortable with each other. Very well written them starting out as mere enemies and now having a blooming friendship-of-sorts. Love where this is going! [face_love]

17. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Aww it's great that they're bonding. Things won't be so awkward now. Great job! I really can't wait for more.

18. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Aww, Jag coming out to check on her when she was crying was sweet.

Great update!

19. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    She's starting to warm up to him.

Great update!

20. Rebel-at-Heart

Rebel-at-Heart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2005
    Very powerful! You did an excellent job on this chapter. I was riveted to my screen.

As she lay in the dark, Jaina wondered if this was what the rest of her life would be like. Would she always be so uncomfortable in her own house, always feel so awkward?

She tugged the pillow harder against her face, trying to mask the uncontrollable sobs.

Looking at the distance beneath her, she considered jumping

These are very believable actions for me. I can see her struggling with all of this. [face_worried]

She felt so disheartened she could have began another fit of weeping, but held herself firm.

And just when my heart was pounding and I thought, "Oh, no!" :eek:
    Jaina burst suddenly into a grin and threw herself at him, wrapping her arms around him in a grateful embrace. ?Oh thank you!? she exclaimed. ?You?ll never know how much this means to me!?

You gave me hope again. Well done. =D= Excellent post.

21. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Very very nice aurra.

I didn't doubt one bit that he wouldn't recognize her talent. He's a smart one our Jag.

Jaina burst suddenly into a grin and threw herself at him, wrapping her arms around him in a grateful embrace.

And she let go? :confused: Silly Jaina.

22. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Very, very nice update. =D=

The begining was dramatic, I loved it.

23. s_skywalker

s_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    great post!!

24. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    Yay for Jaina!!!! =D=

Maybe this will....bring them closer????

25. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I'm glad they're finally specking! :D Falling asleep on the porch together is very cute. [face_love] And I'm very happy to see that Jag gave her a chance and is going to let her become a pilot.

Can't wait for more! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.