main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dubious engagement--Jaina/Jag AU; *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aurrasingrules101, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    Thanks so much everybody! I'll try to make the next few updates a little longer. i really just thought the the ending I put in was a good one though, and i like to stick to themes. i'm going to be a little busy this evening, so don't be surprised if i don't get a knew post until tomorrow. thanks again for all the great compliments, and i'll try my best to hurry!:)

2. stickster

stickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    :D This is so good. I love the last scene, too - though it would've been fun if she'd beaten him ;)
    I'm glad they're warming up to each other. It must be awfully lonely in that apartment :(
    ::waits for next post::

3. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    not likely to have a new post tonight, guys. sorry. tomorrow looks good though;) .

4. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    I like this so much!!!! It was a great idea.... I can't wait for the next postie!!!

5. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    I think I'm stunned speechless. I love this fic. It's new and fresh and very well written. You definately have a knack for writting. :D And the posts are long too...that's definately a plus. It keeps me amused longer.

Keep up the amazing work...I can't wait to read more. :D
    -Lee Ann

6. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Awww this is such a cute story. I intend to stick around for the rest of it. Keep up the good work.

7. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, I [face_love] this fic. Would have never thought this is so good. Can't wait for the next update.

8. Killik_Swarm

Killik_Swarm Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2005
    Hey, this is really good! I'm glad to have found this. And I don't mind the AU part at all? it makes it interesting.

Can't wait for the next post!

KT

9. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    thanks everyone. i'm going to start on the next update right now.

10. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Awesome!

I will be waiting paciently to read it! :D

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Can't wait for the next update. :D

12. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    *delurks*

Uppers!

You do realize that you make a lurker check back here, like, every few hours, right? And de-lurk?

Anyways, love this story - but I am not gonna beg for an update. Yet. I will if we have to wait any longer. ;)

As I said, love this story, am sorry about lurking, want update, please! :)

Ys, Fia (who is usually able to get whole sentences together, just not yet.

P.S.: Do you PM people about updates of this story? If so, I would love to be on the list, please!

*goes back to lurking*

(edited cause I could not spell this morning ...)

13. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Fantastic work!

That's all I'm saying. You know I'm waiting in line to read more...

oldj

14. R11

R11 Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2005
    Add me to the list of people waiting for the next instalment. Great.

15. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    Up I have to see what happenes!!! UP UP!!!!!!!

16. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    sorry everyone, i haven't finished the next post yet. i've been gone from home since friday morning, so haven't had a chance. i'll try to have an update tonight.

i am astounded by eveyone's response to this story. and more than a little touched :_| . thank you so much.

PS: Fiana Novarr , i do have a PM list and have added you to it:D .

17. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Muchas gracias. [:D]

So ... a possible update tonight? :D Well, so maybe I got something to read in the morning (as it is more than time for me to go to bed now I-))! Looking forward to the next part!

Ys, Fia

18. RevaDurron

Jan 27, 2005
    Well that is good news aurra, I hope all is well. I look forward to seeing and reading your post.

Please add me to your PM list, if you don't mind. :)

19. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    okay, this one's shorter than the others but i figured after the weekend everyone wants something to read. so here it is.

It was a large box, about a half-meter taller than Jaina. It was plain and square, giving n hint to what was inside. And Jaina was dying to find out.

It was a present from her uncle and brothers. It had arrived only a half-hour before, and Jaina had run straight to the port to pick it up. She had not been informed that it weighed considerably more than she could carry and could not fit in a hovercar. So there she was, with no was to transport it and unwilling to leave it. If only she knew what was inside?

Nodding to herself in sudden decision, she unfastened the latches that held the door closed. It took a few minutes, but she finally managed to pry open the door. Inside was the last thing she had expected.

It was a droid, heavily plated and armed, like a guard droid. On its belt hung two lightsabers, along with several blasters. Jaina ran a hand along its chestplate, wondering what her uncle expected her to do with this. Surely he didn?t think she needed guarding. Impulsively, she jerked one of the blasters from the holster on its side and examined it. she realized suddenly that its highest setting would have no more power than to give minor burns.

It was a practice droid.

It was a less-than-subtle hint that her Jedi training was to continue, even though she was lightyears from the closest Jedi. She was expected to practice with this, substituting it for her siblings. A sudden thought occurred, and she rummaged around in the crate, looking for a different item. And there it was. A practice remote. It would fire lasers in rapid succession, testing her lightsaber skills.

Elated, Jaina continued to examine the package. In it was also a holorecorder, and that was more precious to her than all the others combined. She gingerly removed it from the crate and set it on the floor. She knew she made for quite a sight, sitting like a child on the floor of the hangar bay, but she didn?t care. She depressed the button on the recorder excitedly.

Uncle Luke, Jacen, and Anakin appeared on the screen, smiling. ?Well, I guess you know by now that we fully intend to help you further your training, despite the distance,? Uncle Luke said. ?It was Anakin?s idea, but we all agreed whole-heartedly.?

?I know how much being a good Jedi means to you, Jaina,? Anakin said. ?I hope this helps make up for everything, even if just a little bit. I tried to get them to let me send a torn-up speeder bike for you to fix, too, but they wouldn?t let me.?

?We miss you Jaina,? Jacen said. ?Things aren?t the same without you. Not five minutes go by that I don?t wonder how you?re doing. I hope you?re okay. I know you?re strong. You can handle this.?

?We?re proud of how well you?ve done,? Luke said. ?Know that. We haven?t forgotten you, and never will. We love you Jaina. May the Force be with you.?

The message fizzled out. Jaina ran a tired hand through her hair. She missed them terribly. Maybe she could convince them to let her go visit?

She pushed the thought aside as she saw security approaching her. ?[Do you require assistance?]? they asked.

Jaina stood. She began to shake her head, then stopped herself. ?[As a matter of fact, I do. Can you have this transported somewhere for me?]?

?[Where do you want it sent?]? the red-eyed Chiss asked.

Jaina bit her lip, unsure. There was nowhere to put it in her apartment. What was she supposed to do with it? She remembered abruptly that Spike Squadron had their own gymnasium. It was a long shot, but?maybe he would let her use it, just until she found another place.

?[Take it to the Spike Squadron work-room.]?

Jaina wasn?t home. She wasn?t at his parent?s. He even checked with Vyqtouria Aberschez. She hadn?t seen her in two days. Jag had no idea where she was, and the fact she hadn?t informed someone of her whereabouts perturbe

20. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Great exchange between them! I hope they're beginning to realize they don't hate each other...

:D

oldj

21. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I loved seeing Jaina receive the gift. It was so sweet the messages her brothers and uncle left for her.

Jaina and Jag's relationship is growing and I'm sure more bloom is ahead. Loved their scenes together - the classic fight over the remote control was precious! Even in a GFFA, men still want to be in control of it. [face_laugh]

Great update!

22. s_skywalker

s_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    good update!!

23. RevaDurron

Jan 27, 2005
    Nice update!

I look forward to more. :)

24. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    yay!! they're getting along... finally. I loved the post!

keep em coming!

25. DarthMeanflare

DarthMeanflare Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Great post! It's good that they have a better rapport going now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.