main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dubious engagement--Jaina/Jag AU; *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aurrasingrules101, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel-at-Heart

Rebel-at-Heart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2005
    :) Thanks for the pm.

The practice droid was a great idea. She will be able to keep her skills and spirits up by using it. I like how she handled where to put it. Sometimes it is easier to do something and ask for forgiveness later, if necessary.

?No you weren?t,? Jaina scoffed. ?You flipped back and forth every five seconds. Ooh, look one of your mother?s holodramas is on.?

Jag grunted unhappily. ?Do you know how many times I?ve seen this? Come on, turn it back,? he made a sudden grab for the control. Jaina jerked away, holding it as far from his grasp as possible, but the quick movement and her momentum sent her tumbling off the couch.
    [face_laugh]

It is really nice to see them act like the teenagers they are. They have humor and are trying to build respect for each other. This little beginning has good possibilities.
    Good post!

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Your story is wonderful.
    You described the landscape very good and also how Jaina and Jag feel, I can really imagine them acting like that and I especially like Jacen, Anakin and "Uncle" Luke. It was so funny how she thought about Luke, the pitiful actor. And I can really see Anakin invading Csilla to rescue Jaina. And to Jacen, some people don't like him cause he's so passive at the first half of the NJO, but I've always liked him cause I think he's a great brother and loves his sister. So I love Jaina's "true" family in this story.
    Absolutly great! Can't wait for the next update, please hurry with it. [:D]

3. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Hi again!

Thanks for the update! Really cute! Love the practise droid, just the kind of thing Luke would do. Also love her reaction to that as well as the message from L,J & A. [face_love] And its fun to see them act like teenagers!

Ys, Fia

P.S.: Not to complain, but are you sure you added me to you PM list? Cause I only saw this as I was checking my little "check for update every few hours"-list anyways ... :confused:

4. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Great update! I love how different this story is.

5. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    P.S.: Not to complain, but are you sure you added me to you PM list? Cause I only saw this as I was checking my little "check for update every few hours"-list anyways ...

I'm so sorry. there were a few people on the list i didn't get to last night, not just you. i updated around ten thirty(had been up for about twenty hours) and was on the phone with one of my friends. we were acting stupid and my computer wasn't cooperating when i tried to pull the PM page up, and well, i was really tired...i just kind of said 'screw it' and went to bed. i was going to try for the ones i missed again today but i guess everyone beat me to it. again, i am so so so sorry and it'll never happen again.

thanks to eveyone for the compliments! i'll do my best to get another update before friday. i'll be gone all weekend--again.*sighs* again, i'll do my best.

6. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    *thinks about how to get the whole story now......*
    Do you need a beta-reader?

Sorry, after reading chapter 3 I had to read the whole story again and again and again cause I couldn't think of something else, just our poor Jaina.
    So I'm very happy about the update. Hope you'll get that update.

And please add me to the PM list.

7. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Nice one, aurra. It's good to know that they're at least some what getting along. More soon!!

8. R11

R11 Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2005
    loving the developments.

9. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Sorry for the delay in responding:

great update as always aurra

I think I enjoyed Jag's actual worry about Jaina more here. He's starting to care about her, whether he's in love with her or not.

The remote control scene was very cute and realistic.

Knowing Jaina she probably provoked him, most likely like she did her brothers back home. His reaction though was not quite what she thought it would be, making him the champion of that battle.

That's my take anyway. But I'll wait here to see how it goes and how wrong I am. :D

10. stickster

stickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    :D Yay new chapter!

I'm so happy they're finally bonding - especially over the channel changer, hehe. Very nice :D

11. Fiana_Novarr

Sep 4, 2001
    Wow there, slow down - no need to apologize (sp?). Just checking whether I am on your list - I don't mind getting the PM a little later, just wanted to make sure. I really did not mean to make you feel guilty ...

So ... O:) Update anytime soon? [face_whistling]

Ys, Fia

12. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    hate to say it, but there probably won't be another update til sunday or later, guys. sorry. i'll start working now, and maybe i can finsh by tomorrow[face_thinking] ...

anyway.

thanks for the compliments, again. and, no, sorry, i don't need a beta-r. i prefer to keep the updates underwraps. adds for suspense, you know;) . if i do have a question about plot direction, though(which is difficult for me sometimes, i have so many ideas) you'll be the first to know since you were the first to ask, Chilla .

I just had a thought occur. since i won't be able to update for a while then maybe i can give you all a little bit to tide you over until then. if i can get enough response tonight, i'll write a short teaser about Jaina and ????, ???? being someone of your(the readers') choosing. by short i mean one, two pages in Word. if no one votes tonight then i'll just add it into the bigger summary when i update tomorrow or sunday or whenever. here's the options:

Syal
    Leia
    Luke, Jacen, Anakin
    Touri
    Jag

please don't everyone vote Jag just to see if i'll write a love scene. because i won't. we're not there yet. if you have other reasons, then go ahead.

13. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    I vote for Syal.

My bet is that she's gone along with this arranged marriage but isn't happy about it, and I'd also bet she's dying to know what's going on in that apartment, and just how unhappy those teenagers are...'cause I think she really cares.

oldj

14. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    I'm thinking the same thing. The premise that you used to start the story had me really put off on Leia and Han. I mean, if the twins and Anakin were raised by Luke, why does Leia have the right to marry her daughter off in a political alliance?

S.

15. s_skywalker

s_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    yeah,Syal is my vote

16. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Actually I'm all for Leia.

It's about time Jaina gets to give her mother a piece of her mind. [face_devil]

17. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    I ditto Lola

18. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    I am going to go with Leia too. Can't wait too see it of course. :p

19. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    While I'd love to see Jaina give Leia her piece of mind, story wise I think interaction with Syal would fit.

Syal, please. [face_batting]

20. Fiana_Novarr

Sep 4, 2001
    Erm ... Both Syal and Leia would be great, but I would like to vote for Anakin, Jacen & Luke - some family support would be great!

Ys, Fia

21. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Syal, she seems the most sympathetic to their situation.

22. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I think I vote for Luke, Jacen and Anakin. But I can slao live with Leia and Syal.

btw: thx, aurra! [:D]

23. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I want to vote for all of them! I can see good reasons for her to talk to all of them and I want to see them all now. :p

I guess I'll vote for Leia though because I wanna see Jaina freak out on her.

24. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I'll vote for Syal, but Leia seems interesting too.

25. R11

R11 Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2005
    Syal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.