main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dubious engagement--Jaina/Jag AU; *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aurrasingrules101, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    Leia... that would be more interesting ( not that syal wouldn't but we've already seen her)

2. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    First of all Great Post. I loved the last little bit ;)

Second, Syal

Keep it up

3. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    definitely Leia.... Jaina needs to be able to scream at her...

love the story so far aurra!

EDIT: How old is Jaina in this story, exactly?

4. Marbe

Marbe Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Okay, so I've now read through the whole story so far.

This is a really cool idea, I can't wait to see how everything turns out.

And, if you're still taking votes: Syal

5. MichaelSolo

MichaelSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    Awesome fanfic can,t wait for more.

6. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    awesome, cant wait 4 more

7. satanat_solo

satanat_solo Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    great story so far :D

i really like the whole story line you've set up, it's not like any Jaina/Jag fics i've read before.
    very nice!
    i shall now lurk..waiting for an update.. Mwhahaha![face_devil]

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Great update!

9. Myria

Myria Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2004
  10. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    I'm back everyone! sorry i haven't posted yet. i PROMISE to have one by tomorrow, hopefully tonight. and as for the polls, so far its:

Syal- 10
    Leia -6
    Luke, Jacen, Anakin -2
    Touri -0
    Jag-0

I personally would prefer to write a leia addition, but i say give the people what they want, so syal comes first.

thanks for all the compliments too!:D [:D]

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Write the Leia part too! :D lol.

Can't wait for more. ;)

12. crackjacks

crackjacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    Leia would be awesome...although at this point I don't think it would matter...oh well
    Can't wait for more!:D --kt

13. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    new post! *does little dance* enjoy!

The Fel mansion looked just as picturesque in the day as it did at night. Jaina let her eyes roam over its elegant architecture as she pulled the speeder into the parking bay. She turned the engines off and just sat there a minutes, not wanting to go inside.

It had little to do with Syal, but had everything to do with her at the same time. She had been kinder to Jaina than the rest of the Fel family, but was more intimidating in her own way. Jaina liked her okay, but wanted as little to do with her as possible. She wanted as little to do with all of them as possible. Getting close to Syal Antilles Fel was the last thing she wanted.

But what do you do when she asks you over for lunch? She couldn?t turn her down, that was for sure. Jaina may not have been raised by Leia Organa Solo, but she had certainly been given enough lessons to behave like the daughter of a Princess. She knew how to act.

Deciding to take the plunge, she opened the door and stepped outside into the frigid air. Her extremities went immediately numb in the cold, and she hurried to the door. Wyn was waiting when she got there. ?Hi!? the little girl said, moving aside so Jaina could come in.

?Hi,? Jaina said with less enthusiasm. She slid gratefully out of her bulky coat. She heard footsteps, and turned to see Syal approaching.

?Jaina,? Syal smiled, ?it?s good to see you again. How have things been??

?Okay,? Jaina nodded, not wanting to elaborate.

?Well, come on inside then. Are you hungry? We were just about to eat.?

Jaina followed Syal into the kitchen. ?No, thank you. I?m fine.?

Syal didn?t eat either, though, but sat down across the table from Jaina. ?So,? she began, her blue eyes searching Jaina?s face, ?tell me about married life.?

Jaina sat for a moment in silence. This was a conversation she really didn?t want to have. What did she expect her to say? ?I?? she began, feeling awkward. She scratched the back of her head, wanting to change the subject. ?It?s different,? she said at last.

Syal grinned like a cat who has just caught a mouse. ?I should say so. Tell me, how old are you??

?Sixteen,? Jaina softly.

?Hmm,? Syal murmured. ?My, my. You?re both way too young for this.?

Jaina chose wisely to remain silent.

?I hope you have at least become more comfortable around each other. The tension between you was so thick the other night I could have cut the air with a knife. I hate to think you both have been living that way for days.?

Jaina looked at her hands, folded in her lap. Unless a question was posed directly at her, she would give Syal nothing to go on. This was not a topic Jaina was comfortable with.

?I don?t mean to pry, really, it?s none of my business,? Syal continued. ?I?m just concerned for my son. And you, of course, too. That?s really not even what I asked you here to talk about. What I want to know, is how extensive of a wardrobe did your mother send for you??

Jaina was taken aback. What did that have to do with anything? ?I, she, well?she sent quite a lot, but not much of it is to my taste. I was planning on replacing it.?

Syal nodded. ?Just as I thought. Well, then, come with me.? She rose gracefully and left the room. Jaina, perplexed, followed. She led her up a marvelous staircase and through several hallways before opening the door to a room. It was a guest bedroom, richly furnished and plush with luxuries. But what caught her attention was the endless rows of hanging ballgowns.

Jaina moved into the room, awe-struck. She ran a wondering hand across the silk fabric of one, marveling at the smoothness. ?What are these for?? she managed finally.

?I know my son too well. He wouldn?t have even mentioned it until the day before. A highly decorated General is returning from the outer edges of space, and there?s going to be a reception aboard his flagship. The Chiss aren?t much for pageantry or fanfare, but love to glorify a warrior. I?m guessing it won?t be near as political or lavish as what the New Republic does,

14. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Yay! [face_dancing]

We got Syal AND Leia!

And a sympathetic Jaina being nice to Jag!

So, Syal is definitely curious, if a little cold. Still, it was kind of her to provide Jaina with a selection of dresses.

And Leia! Its so different to dislike her this much - kudos to you for both the concept and writing it so well.

I was touched that Jaina didn't want Jag to die, first of all. And then you let her be sympathetic about Shawnkyr. Awww.

I'm fascinated to know whether someone tried to kill Shawnkyr, too.

Excellent update!!!!

oldj

15. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great job! I loved how you got Syal and Leia into the same post. They have such different mothering styles with Syal being warm and caring, and Leia being cold and indifferent. It was great how Jaina got credits from her mother. I can't wait to see this ball. Poor Jag...hopefully Shawnkyr is alright. It's good that Jaina and Jag are becoming more and more comfortable with each other.

16. crackjacks

crackjacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    That's awesome!

I never thought I'd say this but...I really don't like Leia right now...oh well.

I'm glad they're getting along...a little better.

Any way great update can't wait for more.--kt

17. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    There was a poll? [face_thinking]

Dresses and jewelry are like ships, she had said. The ones that are thought most beautiful are sleek and elegant, not ornamented and clunky. A few ribbons or rhinestones here and there add, but overdo it and it looks as bad as wearing trousers. Ships that are big and bulky move more slowly. It?s the same with dresses. You want something small and comfortable, something you can be secure in. You?re never more beautiful than when you?re at ease with yourself. Good advice.

Just let her have it, Jaina.

Great update!

18. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    I hope shawnkyr is gonna be okay...[face_worried]

19. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Great update! :)

Jag and Jaina seem to be getting closer. Though I feel so bad for Jaina.

And wow, nice job with the conversation between Leia and Jaina. =D=

20. satanat_solo

satanat_solo Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    Yey!
    Great Post :D

I think Jaina should beat someone up though[face_devil] ... maybe an especially snobby chiss...heh heh..

You've written Leia in horrible uber-politician-mode, but I'm interested what Han thought about sending Jaina off?

can't wait for more!

21. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Great Post! Nice comprimise on the poll.

I hope Shawnkyr isn't too badly hurt. You wouldn't kill her would you?

There's a PM list? Can I be added?

Looking foward to more

22. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Go Jaina. Take your mother to the cleaners. She deserves it. =D=

Sorry to hear about Shawnkyr. I too am curious as to what that's all about.

But you know, I can't wait for Jag to see Jaina in that blue dress! =D= I'm talking serious attraction about to begin. [face_love]

This is going so great aurra. Keep up the great work.

23. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    good job so far... hope shawknyr is ok...

24. Killik_Swarm

Killik_Swarm Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2005
    Great post! aurrasing! Good to see Jaina's warming up to Jag? and Syal's doing really kind things for her. Too bad Leia's rather cold?

KT

25. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Great update! I can't wait to see where this story goes next. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.