main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dubious engagement--Jaina/Jag AU; *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aurrasingrules101, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    I'm seriously like official crazy.

I have checked here like 15 times in the past hour. I'm obsessed!

2. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    *dramatic drumroll*

and here it is...

Jaina twitched. She flicked her fingers in her sleep, trying to shake off the minor discomfort. The pain and numbness only intensified. Irritated, Jaina rubbed at her left hand, unsure of what she was feeling. Nothing changed. Sighing in annoyance, she carefully slid out from under Jag's sleeping form and sat on the edge of the bed. She held her hand up to her face, but in the dark she was unable to discern anything. Already awake anyway, she stood carefully and padded to the 'fresher.

She slipped inside the door, closing it behind her and plunging the small room into total darkness. She flipped on the light switch and the resulting flash nearly blinded her. She spent the next minute or so trying to recover from the change in luminosity, hand still quietly throbbing.

After she had recuperated she slid to the sink, looking at her hand with both her eyes and the mirror.

The first thing that caught her eye was the set of rings on her fourth finger. The first was a plain and undecorated band that she had received that her wedding. It had been meaningless to her for a long time, and still had less sentiment than it should because of the circumstances, but was dearer to her now than it had been then. The second was the one Jag had given her on Coruscant. It was the symbol of their renewed love, each diamond a precious reminder of their commitment.

The second thing she saw was how red and swollen the finger they were on was. Clearly the rings were restricting her blood flow, making her whole arm go numb with the lack of circulation. Jaina sighed. It was the first of many unpleasant side effects of pregnancy since the morning sickness had subsided. She was swelling.

For the first time in her whole life, Jaina felt fat. Like an overblown Hutt, she thought angrily. She looked up into the mirror and pulled the T-shirt of Jag's she used as a nightgown tight around her middle, appraising the slow growth. It was slight, and under all but the tightest of jumpsuits practically invisible. Jaina sighed again; that was just the way it was when you were having a baby.

He hand still ached, so she gave up the self-inspection and started to pull them off. They didn't move. Frowning, she tugged harder. The only result was an even larger red line around the finger. She sighed, pulling until she thought the whole finger would come off. She growled in frustration, looking down at the hand that now ached so bad she thought she could cry.

The kriffing thing had to come off.

Then she did cry, because she knew what that meant. The rings weren't coming off by pulling; they were going to have to be cut.

Jaina turned from the mirror, sliding down the wall with her eyes buried in the heels of her hand. For reasons unknown even to her she began to cry, the wetness seeping through her fingers and covering the front of her shirt. She was so absorbed in her pain and grief she didn't hear the door slide open.

?Jaina?? She looked up into her husband's concerned face. He knelt beside her, worry coloring his features. ?Baby, are you okay? What's wrong? Why are you crying?? His work-worn hands wiped the tears from her face as he spoke.

Jaina, lip quivering, held up her hand wordlessly. He took it in his own, turning them around on her finger then pulling gently. When they didn't come off he let out a long breath. ?You know I'm going to have to cut these off, right??

Jaina shook her head vigorously. ?No,? she sniffled. ?No. Every time I look at these it reminds me how much I love you, and that you love me.?

Jag tilted her head up slightly so that she was forced to look him in the eye. At that moment Jaina pitied him. On a conscious level she knew she was being irrational and that the progesterone was getting the better of her, but that didn't stop the tears or the influx of emotions. All she could do was pity him. ?You don't need these to know that I love you,? he smiled. ?I'm here to tell you every day.? He kissed her forehead softly and pulled her to her

3. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    Woo hoo! The maw. Now that is pretty darn cool. I can't wait for that. I think Leia will give in... I think it has to do with Hanna too! hehe. I really feel bad for Jaina about having to cut her rings. I'll keep that in mind when i get older: don't wear your rings unless you want them cut off....

Very nice chapter!!

4. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Excellent update.@};- A plan to avoid the Vong is in works. Whew! Let's just hope Leia goes for it. And why do I have the feeling something else was going on between Danni and Jacen at the Skywalker apartment? [face_thinking] [face_laugh] ;)

5. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Man, Jaina's behavior set off warning bells. She seems to be more of a weeper instead of a slapper, so Jag got a good break there. She thinks she's fat at two months? Jag may be in for a world of hurt when she stops feeling unhappy, and starts getting mad. Unfortunately(for Jag) she has an undeniably responsible scapegoat.

6. Corellian_Cutie

Corellian_Cutie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2005
    aw...jaina had to cut her rings...:_|

yay! jacen and danni!!! [face_love] have i told you lately that you rock aurra?

owww....a plan....sounds good. i really do hope that leia and jaina make up, leia does deserve to know her grandchild. even if she was a crappy mother. and hanna being named after her husband and all...

great posty as always aurra!

7. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    hmmmmm, interesting...[face_thinking] [face_thinking] [face_thinking]
    i like the plan, but very concerned about what Leia has up her sleeve...with her it probably won't be something that we like!

very good post, can't wait for more!

meg

8. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    thank you everybody!

i actually got the ring part from a story my mother always used to tell me about when she was pregant with me. she really had to cut her wedding rings...

and i had several reasons for adding Danni:

1)she had been inquired about,

2)i always wanted jacen to end up with her in the books instead of TK,

3) and a reason i can't tell you yet:p

i'll probably post before sunday, but sunday at the latest.

9. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    can i guess reason number three??

Shes a SPY for the YV and she knows all their stuff and everything and Jacen is finally gonna convince her to do good or w/e by him asking her out or something and then he gets danni, mara gerts better and you solve the she's always being inquired about thing...

o and Nen Yim kills herself b/c no one came to save her. The End.:p

10. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

11. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    am I right?? That would be SO cool and it would further prove my phsycicness :D
    I was being serious. [face_plain]

12. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    Interesting. Personally, I never had a problem with Jacen/Danni, as far a lifestyles are concerned, she is the better choice for Jacen, he doesn't have to worry about assassinations with her.

13. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Really enjoyed the long update!

Tell me that Jag will get her rings fixed ... right? Please? (I'm feeling sentimental...)

I'm betting that Jacen and Danni were up to more than a little Jedi training. Could be wrong. [face_whistling]

I wonder just how Leia's going to take the news...?

Lots of interesting stuff. Thanks, aurra!

oldj

14. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    you all are so eager for spoilers...you know i hate to divulge anything.:cool:

and i've managed to slip past your psychicness for the past several posts, i think you're losing your touch...o_O

15. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    I'm not looking for spoilers i want to know if i'm right. Theres a differnece aurra... duh :p

But i am.... :_|

16. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    that's not what i had in mind, no. sorry

17. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    darn it. I really am loosing my touch. I officially lost my power of 'physcicness'. It was fun while it lasted.

18. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Great post, sorry to hear that Jaina had to get her rings cut off. I wonder what Leia wants?

19. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Poor Jaina :( Those rings must have meant lot to her :(

20. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    As the gathering dispersed Jaina turned angrily to Jag. ?She wants something.?

Yes, but what? [face_thinking]

I'll guess we'll see next post?

I too like Danni with Jacen, only after what the NJO & DN did to Tenel Ka. That was such a sad waste of a great up and coming character. :(

Great update. I've kind of cheated and read this last chapter befor the last one I missed. I'll have a better review later.

21. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    yeah, they did the J/TK hookup terribly. it was like, 'hey, so i flirted with danni quee and didn't even think about you for a couple years, but really, i loved you all along...'

i just don't see it. :oops: she was barely mentioned after SbS and DJ. then they just up and get pregnant:rolleyes:

thank you everyone[:D] , you should have a postie on saturday, most likely, if not, on sunday.

22. miranda82

miranda82 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2004
    Haha, I finally managed to catch up! [face_laugh]

23. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    two days at least 3 at most I'm so excited....

and so the countdown begins!!

24. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Awesome post! I do have one question though...couldn't they just keep Jaina's rings and have the re-welded to fix the cut when she gets less tubby...or maybe have em expanded?

I like the Danni is a spy theory...but I think Danni will reailze that she's all wrong when she's talking to Nen Yim and before NY tries to hurt Mara and Jaina Danni'll have an epiphony and kill her. ^_^

25. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    see aurra I'm not the only one who thinks danni is a spy. although i like the epiphany/ killing Nen Yim thing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.