main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dubious engagement--Jaina/Jag AU; *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aurrasingrules101, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    postie today!! **most likely**..... **hopefully**

2. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    guess we get a new postie tomorrow!!!!!!

YIPPIE!!!!:D

meg

3. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006

This is a really good story, UPDATE soon.

I don't know if it is considered rude or not(sorry if it is) but I think you should add more Anakin(maybe with Tahiri).

4. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    not the rings! So sad... the Maw, eh? It might work... oo, I think Danni is a spy too!

5. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    my spy idea is really catching on aurra! :D lol:p

6. _sticks

_sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    come on this is tourture waiting for the next post.

7. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    ...zzzzz....... Its quiet here, good place to nap.....zzzzzzz.......

8. _sticks

_sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    no sleep.

9. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    well, everyone, i have two tiny announcements. first, i've let the chatter get out of hand again. i love you all so much, and appreciate your enthusiasm, but really, we're getting complaints again. i understand this is hard when we have such a huge amount of readers and pages, but rules are rules. if anyone has another site they want to discuss it on, that's fine, but as for this thread, we need to limit the replies. to help with this i'm only going to be posting to your replies once from now on, so please don't think i'm alienating you. there's reason for it. again, i love you all so much!

now, second: this post is different from all the others. instead of a regular update, i've kind of done a missing scene thing. this story will be ending all too soon, and i thought this was a good way to sort of reminisce, plus it was fun to write. i hope you all enjoy, even if you did want to know what happens:p

it's late and i have a lot of school work, so i'll do pms tomorrow. sorry!

The comm unit in the outer office rang loudly and the sound of his secretary's voice answering it came unwelcome to his ears. Jag kept his head bent over the computer, furiously studying the data. He didn't want to speak to her.

The intercom from the outer to the inner office beeped once, and then the stern Csillian voice spoke directly to him. ?Colonel, Mrs. Fel wishes to speak to you. Should I page her through??

For a moment Jag considered declining. It was tempting, but the repercussions were too dire to give it much thought. ?Go ahead.? Still he kept his eyes focused on his notes and documents, paying no mind to his mother's face as it jumped from the holoprojector on the corner of his desk.

?Jagged,? she said with her usual cheerfulness.

?Mother,? he replied evenly, still refusing to look directly at her.

She was quiet for a moment, and he could feel her knowing eyes boring into the side of his face. He didn't care. She could think whatever she wanted of him, he was not going to pretend to be okay. He hated this, this, thing they were forcing him to do, and there was no way he was going down without a fight. ?Jagged, Miss Solo's ship just arrived in the system. It would be a good start if you would be there to meet her when she landed.?

?No thanks,? he said flippantly. ?I'm busy.?

?She'll need someone to show her the apartment we bought. You need to go see it anyway.?

Jag let out a long breath through his nose, then continued his study. ?I'm sure she'll be fine.?

?Jagged??

Jag spun around angrily, looking at her for the first time. ?I said no! I don't want anything to do with her.?

Syal's gaze was compassionate. ?I understand. Believe me, you can't be any more upset over this than I am. But alienating her is only going to make your life harder. You might as well start things off on the right foot.?

Jag stared at her stoically. ?No.?

She scowled at him. ?Where are your manners, young man? You're only making a difficult situations worse. You can't let her spend her first night here without even meeting you.?

?I would rather not,? he said, keeping his voice carefully controlled.

She sighed heavily. ?You should at least try. I taught you better than this.?

?I don't remember any of your lessons that spoke of the proper etiquette when you meet your bride-to-be,? he replied, barely restraining the angry tremor from his voice.

She pursed her lips sadly. ?You're a grown man. Do what you want; but remember, you're going to have to spend the rest of your life with this girl. The foundation of your relationship can start now. Do you want her thinking ill of you from the beginning? Don't answer that. Just think about it. Goodnight, Jagged.?

?Goodnight, Mother,? he said, watching her image fizzle out as the connection was cut. After a few seconds of pondering her words he went back to his work, stubbornly keeping his resolve to hate the woman who was ending his life.

10. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    That was wonderful, aurra! If you'd care to write any other back-story scenes... o_O

You really went inside Jag's head and pulled his feelings out. Great job!

oldj

11. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    aurra! where have you been?? We missed you!!!
    Great chapter!! Like OJN I loved this whole flashback thing. It's pretty cool and I think just at the right time in the story to do something like this. I hope you do more of these... I also like this whole "into Jag's mind thing" lately. It's really nice and gives some insight.

He could see it clearly in his mind's eye. Middle-aged with no accolades or honors to his name, coming home from the same office to a pompous, trumped-up wanna-be princess who he didn't and never could love.
    and yea.... ok Jag. If only we had a time machine where you could travel to the future.... **sigh**

That was not what he had expected. In truth, he had imagined a too-thin, stuffy little woman with large glasses and a big nose. Actually, she could still have a big nose.
    This was my favotire part of the chapter/update.

She was here to end his life.
    again Jag Fel... shows how much you know... o_O

hehe great update aurra!! can't wait for the next postie!

edit- sorry about the replies aurra. I always promised myself I would not talk so much, I'm just super excited about waiting for posties. Thanks for saying something. I will keep my replies to a minimum. [face_plain]

edit edit- I also have a question because of the first time this happened. (I'm not complaining... just wondering) I thought we were allowed to reply as long as it related to the fic... i believe that's what the mods said. (I just want to know for future ref. so I don't starting talking too much... like I am now) [face_blush]

12. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Very interesting update. I thought I had clicked onto an earlier chapter by mistake. [face_laugh] The conversation between Jag and Syal was very son to mother, mother to son. lol A nice moment that really showed off Jag's emotions at that point in time.

@};-

13. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005

Asking when an update is going to be posted, or replying "there's only x more days/hours/whatever till an update" do not pertain to the substance of the story.

Aurra: I, too, enjoyed this update and a look into Jag's head before things all got started. Lovely edition to a great story.

14. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    Thank you! :)

15. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, that was phantastic! =D= Would really love to read more of this back-story scenes from Jag's POV! [face_praying]

16. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    great update Aurra! and i'm sorry, this time i helped contribute to the clutter:(

i liked how we went back in time for Jag's perspective on the arranged marriage. how bout another one...from Leia's POV[face_praying] :D that'd be a cool one to see played out!

anyway wonderful job, but still waiting for the part with the Maw!!

meg

17. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Jag, Jag, Jag... o_O

His stereotyping Jin before he even met her was good, and it kind shows how similar they were with their worries and fears about each other.

nice little bit a back story there, aurra! :D

18. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I loved that bit=D=

19. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Very nice.

20. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Great post! Hahahaha to Jag's mom, isn't that what every mom says? :)

21. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    ooooo... lovely to see Jag's version of the story of how they met...

22. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    ha, I didn't read the bit at the begining saying that this was going to be a missing scene from the begining so, needless to say, I was a little confused at first. After I got it I really enjoyed it. It was great hearing it from Jag's POV. I would love more of these (like there first kiss from his POV ;) )

Can't wait for more!

23. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    oldjedinurse

Thank you! and since i got such good reception, i just might do another.

goddess45

thanks! i always thought about jag's side of it, and i thought it would be good to let you all see it too. and i appreciate your enthusiasm, really! don't worry about it.

MirandaFair

lol. see, that's why you need to read my notes!:p thank you!

BigFatty

thank you so much!

Chilla

thank you, and i just might.

mastermeg_0228

thank you, my apprentice! and don't worry about the clutter, you all have been so good since the last update.

leia's POV, huh? interesting...

DreamingIce

thanks!

padawanlissa

thank you!

FelsGoddess

thanks!

Alishu06

it's what my mom would say...

Mystralgurl

thank you!

princess_melissa

don't worry, you weren't the only one;) thanks, and yes, i'll probably do another before the whole things over.

24. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    and so the story continues... i hope you all like!

Leia smiled as Jaina entered, the smile Jaina had seen her use a thousand times at political functions. Jaina didn't return it. Instead she began without preamble, ?Don't you know it's unwise to cross a hormonal pregnant woman, especially a Jedi one?? She continued into the middle of the family room, the last place she had seen her father before he died.

Leia's smile remained fixed, if a bit stiff. ?Funny, I hadn't been informed of the happy event until Pellaeon mentioned it to me.?

?Is that what this is about?? Jaina questioned, putting her hands on her hips. ?Because that's really rather petty of you, Mother, especially when you know I'm right.?

Leia rose gracefully, the vestiges of her smile now gone. ?Petty, to be upset over hearing from the leader of another government that your daughter is having a baby? Do you even know what you're getting yourself into? For Force's sake, Jaina, you're not old enough to be having a baby!?

Jaina licked her lips, fighting back her anger. ?You assumed I was old enough to get married. What makes this any different??

?It's a wholly different responsibility,? Leia stated flatly.

Jaina felt the edges of her mouth quirk upward. ?How would you know? You never had any children.?

Leia scowled at the comment. ?I thought we'd walked this road.?

?So did I. Why are you doing this??

Leia met her eyes then, and all Jaina could see in them was sadness. ?Is this a foreshadowing of what is to come? Am I to be excluded from the life of my grandchild??

Jaina took a few shallow breaths, not sure what to say. ?I...I never really thought about it. But why would you want to? She would just be another responsibility for you to ignore.?

Leia looked hurt. ?When I pulled the Republic into this war I thought I was mending the rift between us. I thought we could start over. I want to know my granddaughter. You did say she was a girl??

Jaina swallowed hard, observing the woman who had given birth to her. Then, ?We're naming her Hanna.?

Leia's countenance softened, her eyes misting. She sat, seemingly weak-kneed. ?Han would have loved that.?

Jaina fought back her own tears, the progesterone once again having its cruel effect on her. Even without that it was a painful thought, remembering the loss of her father. ?Sometimes it's hard to believe he's gone.?

Leia nodded, wiping her eyes. ?I've woken up before without him there and simply thought he must be in the 'fresher. I've even yelled for him, asking where he's at. Then I remember and...? She stopped, choking on her words, unable to go on.

Jaina sat, most of her anger fading to make room for grief. ?Do you really want to know Hanna, or is this just another game? Because I swear mother, if it is??

Leia was already shaking her head. ?I see this as another chance, another chance to redeem myself. To make up for all that I've done. I'm going to be the best grandmother in the galaxy.?

Jaina laughed in spite of herself. ?I think you and Syal will have to fight that one out.?

Leia smiled. ?Does Syal know??

Jaina nodded. ?She's thrilled.?

?I thought she would be. We were both so excited to see you two marry again. It was disappointing that you left before you could.? There was no mistaking the hint in her tone and eyes.

Jaina pursed her lips, sitting back. This again. ?Don't you think this should be our decision? Especially since the first one wasn't??

Leia gave her her most innocent look. ?I didn't say anything.?

?Of course you didn't. Thanks, but no thanks. If we remarry, it will be in our own time, and after this is over. Which reminds me, are you going to support the plan I proposed or not? You know it will work.?

Leia shrugged as if it was of little consequence. ?Yes, of course. Don't worry.?

Jaina stood, readying herself to leave. ?Thank you. I'll see you at the meeting, then.?

Leia nodded, if a bit sadly. ?I'll see you then.?

25. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Nice... Leia/Jaina interaction AND Nen Yim admits everything! :D [:D] I knew you wouldn't kill them...

Great post, Aurra!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.