main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dubious engagement--Jaina/Jag AU; *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aurrasingrules101, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Yay, a new chappie! Great, once again. I'm glad that Jaina and Syal are getting along. Poor Jag! :_| Jaina needs to make everything better for him.

2. R11

R11 Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2005
    Glad Jania got somone, love jania and leia

3. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    wonderful job!

humph to all you people who think that Leia and Jaina need to talk! In this particular story, Leia is a stinkpot, and I think she deserves to have something nasty happen to her... Aurra! I'd be willing to help!

if there is going to be a PM list, could I be on it?

up!

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Yay! Syal a great help... stupid guys and not thinking ahead. *shakes head*

And Jaina freaking out on Leia was amusing. Can't wait until they're in the same room and do that. [face_mischief]

And poor Jag! :( Comfort him for me too Jaina! ;)

5. Marbe

Marbe Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    I hope Jaina finds a way to come to terms with Leia, somehow...

Can't wait for more!

6. TheSheryl

TheSheryl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004
    That was a lovely post! Thank you!

7. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Another pleasing chapter. =D=

Lovely descriptions of the dresses. I loved that scene. I'm such a girly-girl and wish I was there trying on dresses with Jaina. ;)

Wonderful work in incorporating both Leia and Syal. It's painful to see Leia so removed from her daughter...but you do such a fine job with her. And Syal is nice...maybe a little too nice? lol Methinks she has something else up her sleeve. [face_thinking]

Intriguing with Jag's wounded best friend...doesn't sound too good. [face_worried] But I loved how compassionate Jaina was.

Congrats on a great chapter!=D=

8. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
  9. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Great Chapter! Can't wait for the next update.

10. Marbe

Jun 15, 2003
    "Please sir, I want some more."

11. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hey, have done a cover for this fic:

Dubious Engagement (1280x1024)

Google pretends that the woman is Leia, but I've used her as Jaina in this wallpaper.

12. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    That's one awesome story and one awesome cover :eek:

13. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Hiya!

I usually like Leia, but she is a bad bad mom in your story - so YEAH for Jaina giving her a hard time! :) I am so proud of her ...

Great update! And thanks for combining Syal & Leia. [:D]

Some more J/J interaction soon??

Ys, Fia

14. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    o i liked it... leia and syal!! yay!!

like fia said moree J/J soon?? I like how they're getting to know eachother soon!!

can't wait for the next chapter!!

15. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    urgh... the cover you made is only showing me the top third of the picture... is there something wrong with it?

16. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    That's an awesome cover.

Can't wait for the next update...

17. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    hey people! sorry i've been incommunicado for so long, my computer crashed and i had to get a new one. no worries, though, i DID continue with the story on paper(i might as well have chiseled it out with rock) so all i have to do now is put on some finishing touches, type it up, and it'll be on its way to you! thanks so much for the compliments!

oh, and nice cover, even though i don't recall jaina naked anywhere so far...;)
    really, though, it was well done.

definitely a new post by this evening or tomorrow, and that's a promise. :D

18. skywalkerlover00

May 7, 2005
    ok.. well hurry.. lol.. take your time..

19. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    take your time...... but not too much time!! lol

20. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Sorry about your computer ... but I'll wait!

oldj

21. Marbe

Jun 15, 2003
    Marbe can't wait!

22. skywalkerlover00

May 7, 2005
  23. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Sorry about your computer. I know how that is. :( I miss my broken laptop.

As for the picture. I thought it was great. As for Jaina being naked, you'll just have to fit that in one of your posts.

Maybe she's in medical or something.

Anyway, can't wait for the update, but don't worry about hurrying. We'll be here when it's posted. :D

24. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    thanks to everyone who is sympathetic to my poor computer:( . my new one seems to work pretty well, though, so its all good. i know you all have been supremely anxious for this next post, so i'm not going to hold you up any more. go ahead and read.

Jaina?s leg had a cramp. She tried stretching, but that only brought to her awareness other parts of her body that were uncomfortably positioned. Finally she opened her eyes.

For a second she was too stunned by what she saw to move. She was curled?still?in the chair with Jag, partially atop him. He was asleep, both arms draped loosely over her in such a way that would make it extremely difficult to extract herself without waking him.

The situation was so alarming and awkward she panicked for a moment. She dare not move. Him waking this way would only make things more awkward still. So?very carefully?she lifted one of his arms off her and settled it on the other side of him. Very gently she slid off of him and onto the floor.

She stayed there a minute, breathing hard. What was going on? She didn?t want to think about it. the best thing to do would be to pretend it never happened. Ignore it.

She rose and quickly tiptoed out of the room. Once on the other side of the door she leaned back on the doorjamb. This was too much. She needed something to drink.

As she nervously fixed a glass of water she noticed that the light on the message recorder was blinking again. Someone had called in the night. She went over and activated it.

A stony-faced Chiss appeared on the screen. ?[Colonel Fel, I regret to inform you that Shawnkyr Nuruodo passed on this morning at 0200 hours. As her superior officer, you need to report to the Medical Facility to fill out the appropriate paperwork and body release form. Thank you].?

The message fizzled out. Jaina rocked back on her heels and chewed thoughtfully on her lower lip. The last thing she wanted to do was break this news to Jag. What was she going to do? Maybe she should just let him find the recording on his own. No. This was just something she had to do.

She looked up as the door to their bedroom swooshed open. Jag stood in the doorway, rubbing his eyes drowsily and looking wearier than she had ever seen him look. ?What was that?? he asked.

?What was what?? she skirted.

?That message.?

Jaina debated for a few seconds as how exactly to tell him. Finally she decided she should just be straightforward. That was the kind of person he was. ?That was someone from the Med Center,? she said softly.

?And??

?They need you to come fill out some paperwork. Shawnkyr died last night. I?m so sorry.?

Much to Jaina?s surprise, he showed little outward reaction. He was like a blank wall. He was stoic and rigid, unmoving for several long minutes. And then he nodded, very slowly and with a definite air of sadness. Turning he said, ?I guess I need to go change then.?

Jaina looked undecidedly through the window of the parked speeder. She turned back to Jag and said, ?Are you sure you don?t want me to come with you??

He nodded, but kept his eyes downcast. He didn?t look so good, and she was a little worried. He was dropping her off at Touri?s shop while he went to the Med Center to fill out the paperwork. He had said almost nothing all morning.

Reluctantly, Jaina climbed out of the speeder. As she closed the door she said, ?All right. You don?t have to pick me up. I?ll just take a hovertaxi.? He nodded again and pulled off. Jaina just stood in the cold. Then she shook her head and palmed open the entrance to the store.

She saw no one but could hear a rummaging behind the counter. ?Touri, I hope you?re under there by yourself,? she said, leaning on the counter.

To her surprise, a male voice replied, ?I?m not Touri, but I am by myself.?

Jaina jumped back as a tall, handsome man stood up, wiping his hands on a cloth. ?Who are you?? Jaina asked.

?Payton,? he said, extending his

25. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great job! I wonder how Jag is feeling throughout this time. There are worse things to do than fall for your husband. Hopefully Jag comes safely back and Jaina doesn't go too stir crazy without him. Great post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.