main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dubious engagement--Jaina/Jag AU; *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aurrasingrules101, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    ?I can beat the kriff out of you without hands, Anakin Solo, don't think I can't!? she yelled, irate.
    WooHoo!!!!!!!

?You still owe me a hundred creds from that last sabaac game.?
    [face_laugh] LOL you go Anakin!!!!!!!

I loved this update very wonderful!!! It felt like my emotions were on a roller coaster! First I'm happy then I'm laughing then I want to hit someone then I'm happy again then I'm sad!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to find out what happens next, bring on Sunday!!!!!!!!!

I guess my break is over Master, back to my story:rolleyes: :p

meg

2. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Alright aurra, I've spent the last 3 or 4 nights tearing through this story... and let me just say that it is amazingly original.

I love what you have done with these characters... Even Han and Leia were believable (if somewhat unliked... Leia) I think that you have pulled it off beautifully!

I can't wait to see what happens next! =D=

jcs

3. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    don't mess with hormonal Jaina. I was laughing so hard when she almost hit Anakin and then Jag.

Nice Job! Keep it up!

4. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Next chapter (I lost count :p ):

Jag being sent off to war was heartbreaking. :( And just when things were starting to heat up! I loved his reaction to Jaina in the dress. Classic. No emotion on the outside, but probably utter dumbfoundment on the inside. [face_laugh]

5. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Can I have Anakin now? [face_batting] I'll be good to him, promised!

:p

=D= Sweet chapter, like it. Poor Mara, won't be easy for her to stay outside the fighting. And that scene with Jacen not listening.... [face_laugh] So typical.

6. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Go Danni. I know she didn't want to volunteer. But I agree with Jacen that she's probably the best choice to set things up at the Maw.

You know if I didn't know that they were all alive I would have believed Anakin.

Hopefully Nen Yim will do a good job. I'll cross my fingers until the next chapter.

I'm sure I don't need to remind you how great this story is going aurra. But since I keep getting late to posts, I'll say it. It'll be my penance:pThough a totally honest penance. :D

7. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Oh, gosh. I just finished the post where Jaina tells Jag she loves him. [face_love] To me, that was one of the most honest ways to make an admission. If that makes sense. Kind of like a Freudian slip. :p

Also, I think Syal was justified in her concerns. She doesn't want her son to be hurt or humiliated, and there was indeed something off about Payton. [face_frustrated]

I thought this was going to be just a great love story, but there's also mystery and intrigue! It's addicting. :D

8. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    goddess45

like i said, the hand is just a casual reference and a way to make her pregnancy seem more real. and sunday's here![face_dancing]

JadeSolo

you've got leia pegged. jaina was supposed to be something other than she is, and let's say leia's a little disappointed. and jaina is be very mature, though we see her childish side sneak through every once and a while. and i lost count of the chapters too,:p that's why i stopped posting them. and yeah, jag felt a little more when he saw her in that dress than he let on.[face_blush]

syal is a very involved mother, kind of like leia's foil. but jag is stubborn and didn't want to believe her. if he had that chapter wouldn't have been nearly as memorable though, don't you think?;)

ccp

thanks!

mastermeg_0228

yea, i wrote this one to kind of identify with jaina's hormonal pregnancy modd swings. i'm glad they were conveyed well. thank you, and sunday's here!

jaina_clan_solo

yeah, a new reader![:D] i'm glad you like everything, and i'll be posting the update in a few minutes.

princess_melissa

thank you!

Chilla

well...you can borrow him i guess

thanks, i'm glad you liked the post.

Lola64

well, it's always nice to hear people are still enjoying it. thanks, and i don't mind if you're late!

9. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    this post has jumped into the future, because nothing really happens between now and the last post. enjoy!

6 months later

The heartbeat was steady, rhythmic, pulsing through the both of them, making two into one. Jaina breathed deeply, following the oxygen cells into her lungs then to her veins. It flowed through the labyrinth of passageways, into her aorta and through her heart, where it was pumped into the rest of her body. Eventually it found her reproductive organs, and streamed into her placenta and through the umbilical cord to Hanna.

Hanna was just as alive as Jaina, the umbilical nourishing her like a feeding tube through their shared blood. Jaina let the held breath out, but kept her focus on Hanna. She had grown so big and strong in the past months, now fully developed and simply waiting until the right moment to leave her protective haven and join the outside world.

At the present, Hanna was content where she was. That is, squeezed uncomfortably against Jaina's kidneys.

But she was hungry. What are you craving today, my darling? Jaina thought, though not in words. Jaina sifted through a list foods, some so disgusting in her current state she could have vomited, and some more tantalizing than she ever thought food could be. Finally she found one that struck her, apparently what Hanna was craving.

Then there was the point that all this led up to: she was going to have to get up. She sighed, running an affectionate hand over the soft, plushy chair holding her very pregnant form. Trying to muster up the strength of will and body, she gripped the arms tightly and strained to hoist herself up.

?What are you doing??

Jaina fell back with a rush, breathing heavily at her struggle. ?Trying to get up.?

Mara looked over from her own chair, appraising Jaina's predicament. ?What do you need??

Jaina cocked her head, considering. ?Besides the fact that I have to use the 'fresher every half hour? We're hungry.?

Mara nodded solemnly, turning back to the Holonet report scrolling in front of them. Mara had made a spectacular recovery in the past six months, and Ben?as they had decided to name their son?had grown strong and healthy with her, as was apparent by the huge expanse of her abdomen. She had the pregnant woman glow about her, her red hair restored to its full golden sheen from the dullness it had gained during her disease. Her cheeks were full, emerald eyes had regained their sly glint, and Jaina couldn't have been happier for her. ?Us too. Get us something while you're up, will you??

Jaina scowled, fighting the snappy retort that rose instinctively to her tongue. ?If I can get up,? she grumbled instead.

Mara used the remote to flip to another channel, this time a holodrama. ?Why don't you get Jag to get it for you??

Jaina waved the suggestion off, dismissing it out of hand. ?He's busy. He's been working so hard the past few weeks, months really. I think he's afraid of what will happen in the Maw. Danni and Jacen are almost done there, you know.?

Mara nodded, switching channels once again. ?I'm worried, too, so's Luke.?

?Yeah, but I think there's more to it. His brother could be there with the Vong when we spring the trap, Mara. We could actually kill him inadvertently,? the younger Jedi explained, troubled.

Mara winced at the implications. ?Not a good thing. What's he going to do about it??

Jaina shook her head slowly. ?There's not much he can do.?

?Then just ask him anyway. I do it with Luke all the time. I hardly get off the couch.?

Jaina laughed at this, giving her aunt a mock-admonishing look. ?And I thought you were so independent.?

?I am, and will be, once Ben is born. I see it like this: I've done a lot of difficult things in my life. I've been in lightsaber fights and shootouts, faced a lot of Sith and killed a lot of people. But none of that is as hard as trying to haul this,? she gestured to her swollen abdomen, ?out of a chair.?

Jaina laughed loudly then, and Mara joined in. ?Besides,? she added after a mo

10. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Yay. I'm on time for once. [face_dancing]

That was a cute bit with Jaina finally breaking down and calling for Jag to get her something to eat.

And poor Mara. I thought the Force would help her with all that pain. Guess not. Ouch!

The blade cut sweetly through her flesh and arteries, her life's blood pouring onto his hands as he released her, pushing her to the ground where she lay, twitching in her death throws. ?Pity.?

Noooooooooo!!!!:_| :_|

What's going to happen now? [face_worried]

Fantastic post aurra.

11. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    So Ben is finally here! Yay Can't wait for Hanna to join the party! Great post!

12. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
  13. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    :_| Nen Yim! *kidnaps Nom Arnor and tortures him* [face_devil]

And poor Mara! But I'm glad she's survived her desease. Welcome to this world, Ben!

=D= Have I already told you that I love your chapters? If not, I'll tell you now: I love your chapters! :D

14. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Chapter #I lost track:

?I promise not to get in the way,? she said, sliding an arm around his waist and guiding him to their transport. ?I?ll stay completely out of sight. You won?t even know I?m there.?

I don't believe that for a second. :D

Syal's entrance was great! [face_laugh] She must've babied Jag terribly whenever he was sick. I think the only other way to get rid of a mother that quickly is to flat-out say, "We'd like to have some wee-whacky-woohoo fun right now. Can you come back later?" :p

15. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    poor mara. But you know most people say it's worth it so she'll be ok.

Jaina and Mara stuck in chairs watching Tv. I can SO picture that.

So Jaina, you finally realise 6 months later that you don't think you're ready to be parents. Very good timing. Howver I think they'll be pretty good.

Nen Yim died. wow. and what a way to go too. I loved her. she's like officially my favorite... next to Jag. I can't wait for the next update!!

Great chapter!!

16. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Fantastic update, aurra!

The whole Mara-and-Jaina-as-beached-whales scene was so great! Your descriptions of pregnancy were beautiful, and it all seemed so very real...

I can just imagine that Mara would never be a happy person in labor -- more likely impossible to deal with! Love the way you wrote her there.

So Nom Anor killed Nen Yim? Uh-oh.

Super job!

oldj

17. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Your story is wonderfully addictive. It's so easy to catch up. :D Jaina mind-tricked the Chiss into letting her fight? She'll do what's necessary, that's for sure! And I really liked the little fight with Jag - it's so sweet how he doesn't want her to get hurt, but she can definitely take care of herself. I hope. :p

18. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Awesome update, Aurra. Loved the Mara/Jaina bit, and Ben's finally part of the big, bad universe! Yay!

And Nom Anor killed Nen Yim... again... and just when I was starting to like her.

19. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    wonderful update!!!!!!

yay for Ben!!!!!!![face_dancing]

boohoo for Nen Yim!!!:(

can't wait for more and now back to work!:p

meg

20. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    wonderful update! I think that you captured Mara's spirit exactly through the labor. and Yay for Ben!

Jaina deciding that she wasn't ready to be a parent after all [face_laugh] good timing.

And Nom Anor killed Nem Yim... [face_worried] That could be a bad sign-- especially if he figures out that Luke and Mara are still alive.

jcs

21. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    From the chapter where Jaina calls to Jag for help (I've definitely lost count now :p ):

He drew his snake-sword and beckoned her forward. She sighed, drew her charric from her holster and shot him in the face at point blank range.

That was such a classic Indiana Jones moment! [face_laugh]

22. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Chapter "The appearance of Nom Anor":

:eek: What's even worse is that he knows that she knows some of their secrets, so now the Vong can modify their weapons and whatnot.

23. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Loved the scene with Mara and Jaina discussing cravings and being too pregnant to move around. Priceless. [face_laugh] I'm so happy Ben has arrived. I had a feeling that Hannah would have felt the urge to arrive just as Ben appeared. I'm sure her time is not too far behind. ;)

@};-

24. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    I hate to break my only one reply thing but do we get a postie soon??

I miss them!! :)

25. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.