Beyond Dubious engagement--Jaina/Jag AU; *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aurrasingrules101, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Jaina to the NR, Jag to Bastion:

I think it's very sweet that Han tried to keep a little contact with his kids. Reminds me of the premise of Tatooine Ghost - Han wants to have kids, but Leia's worried about the Vader legacy. So in a way, it's natural that he visited early on. I imagine a family reunion is going to be a little awkward, though. :p
  2. goddess45 Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't wait!!!! [face_dancing]

I have another question.... are they every sunday from now on?? (this is my last question.... I swear! :) )
  3. JAGSGURL15 Jedi Master

star 4
    wow i just spent 4 hours catching up on what ive missed...and holy moly i love this!
    ur an awhsum author (i just finished ur other work also!!!) and i cant wait for some more!
    Tomorrow cant come soon enough!

thanks for keeping me entertained (even at 2 am!!)
  4. aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master

star 4
    Lola64

Thanks! and yeah, i figured that after her disease ben's birth would be hard on her. yes, nen yim's gone:_|

Alishu06

thank you!

ccp

[:D]

Chilla

yes, i was sorry i had to kill nen yim too. thank you!

goddess45

Mara's fine, and so's ben, so Yay!and jain's doubt was due more to the pain than insecurity. i'm glad you liked nen yim, i did too! and you'll almost always get a post on sundays and another during the week. thank you!

oldjedinurse

thank you, i loved the mara/jaina pregnent scene too. i've been waiting to write it for a really long time. and uh-oh's right, unfortunately.

Draconarius

thanks, i'm glad you liked it! i like nen yim too...

mastermeg_0228

thank you my apprentice![:D]

jaina_clan_solo

thanks you. and you're right, nom anor is a shrewd one...

MirandaFair

glad you enjoyed! and i have a feeling hann will be coming along shortly...

JadeSolo

i'm glad you're enjoying this, i love reading you're replies to it! those first few chapters were so fun. i got a lot of this inspiration from profic, so you'll probably find some other similarities along the way, too!

JAGSGURL15

i'm glad you're back and enjoying! thank you!
  5. aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master

star 4
    this is one of the last posts in this story. there will be less than five more, probably, so i hope everyone enjoys!

Mara crooned over the tiny child, her face unusually soft and kind. Her nose a whisper away from the tiny face, she smiled and murmured delicate, meaningless words of comfort. The baby waved a small fist in the air, clutching at her nose and lower lip. Mara smiled and kissed the small hand, then pulled back to look at Jaina. ?He's so small.?

Jaina smiled at her aunt, but inwardly aching to hold her own child. Soon, a small voice seemed to promise. Soon. ?I don't think I've ever seen you this happy.?

Mara only grinned at her assessment. ?Maybe that's because I've never been this happy.?

Jaina eased herself carefully into the chair beside her bed, watching the new mother and her baby. ?You wouldn't have thought it a few hours ago. Gods, Mara, if I have to go through that I'm not sure I'm ready to have a baby.?

?Jaina, you won't understand until Hanna actually comes. It's worth it; Force, it's so worth it.?

Jaina sighed, looking down into the tiny red face, wrapped securely in a thermoblanket. ?Truthfully? It already is. I love her so much already. There's no limit I wouldn't go to for her, Mara, nothing. It's like...? Jaina trailed off, trying to find the words that could express the emotion she was feeling.

?Like every breath you've ever taken had been only so you could take care of this baby?? Mara offered softly.

Jaina nodded solemnly, accepting her assessment. But it also made her think, made her wonder. Had her own mother ever felt this? Had Leia ever cared for her, even after birth, as Jaina cared for her unborn daughter? Jaina swore inwardly that her baby would never be second best. Jaina's family would come first, Jag and Hanna above everything. Without them, was anything else even worth having?

?So where'd Uncle Luke go?? she asked after a moment.

?Went to take a shower and change his clothes,? Mara answered, her attention already refocused on the precious bundle in her arms. ?I had to practically pull my lightsaber on him to get him to do that.?

Jaina snorted derisively, imagining the Jedi Master being threatened by a woman who had went through labor less than a day ago. ?You're lucky he wants to stay at all, you were so cross with him yesterday.?

Mara scowled, raising her head to look up at Jaina temporarily. ?He deserved it.?

?Sure he did,? Jaina smirked.

?Yeah, well,? Mara continued in a sardonic tone, ?we'll see how well you act when the man who caused you all that pain is hovering over you like a nervous mynock.?

Jaina laughed at her estimation and silently agreed Mara was probably right. She doubted Jag would get treated much better when Hanna decided to make her appearance. ?I felt us jump to hyperspace a few minutes ago,? Mara observed suddenly. ?Where are we going??

Jaina sighed, running a weary hand over her forehead. ?Jacen commed about and hour ago. Everything's set, now we just bait the trap and wait for our prey.?

?No, not yet!? Mara exclaimed. ?I can't be stuck here with Luke and everyone else fighting! Come on, can't we wait till I get back in shape??

Jaina nodded eagerly. ?I don't think there's any cause to worry. It will take weeks to pull out from all our systems, and a few more for the Vong to organize their own attack. We'll be there a good month and a half at least before anything major happens.?

Mara sighed gratefully, turning back to baby Ben. ?I'll have to start training right away. No more than a week from now if I want to lose all this extra baby weight and tone back up.?

Jaina looked unhappily down at her own protruding belly, so swollen with child she could rest her plate on it when she ate. ?I'll have less than that. I hope I have this baby soon, if the battle starts before I do...I don't think I could take it.?

?I don't think Jag would let you,? Mara mused.

?What??

?He wouldn't let you be in the Maw during the big offensive when you were still pregnant. Yo
  6. goddess45 Jedi Master

star 4
    snag

?Because you're kind of...leaking.?

I loved that line. It was funny because she was being so serious!!

Soon I'll be able to hold you in my arms, Little One, she thought. We all are so eager to meet you. And then as an afterthought, Please don't hurt me...

an a classic Jaina line right there!

So Nom Anor and the YV finally are getting that it's a trap -- not that that's a good thing.

You definatly NAILED this chapter. Great job aurra!!

also in Jaina not wanting to have a baby I kinda figured it was a pain issue. I was merely poking fun at the fact.
  7. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    Aren't babies wonderful. [face_love]

And unpredictable it seems. Little Hanna wants to come out and play now? Poor Jag. If Mara was that mean to Luke I can only imagine how Jaina will be with him.

I bet you that Nom Anor screws that whole using Jag's brother as a shield/bargaining chip thing. He can't do anything right.

I'm not worried about it, yet.

Nice update. It's so sad to this winding down to the end. But it's been a great ride.
  8. JAGSGURL15 Jedi Master

star 4
    wow.... awhsum post! Nailed it is right

that was wonderful!

cant wait till the next post
  9. ccp Force Ghost

star 4
  10. Alishu06 Jedi Master

star 4
    Are you leaking?

Hahahaha that is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only 5 more left? that stinks, I really enjoy reading this.
  11. jaina_clan_solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Jaina interrogating Danni was great :D just like an older sibling should.

and her reaction to her water breaking What? Now? that was just great!

[face_worried] Nom Anor figured out that they are walking into a trap? uh oh! I just hope that Jag doesn't completely lose it when he finds out that the YV are using his brother-- I also hope that they safely rescue Chak. [face_praying]

I'm sad that this is almost over, but I shall enjoy all that there is left.

jcs
  12. padawanlissa Jedi Master

star 4
    Great chapter=D==D=

I'm sorry it's almost finished:(
  13. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    *Holds up hand*

Someone else here who doesn't want this to be over!

Love the babies, though, coming in the midst of everything just like good little Star Wars children!!

Yay!! Little Miss Fel is on her way!!

Can't wait...

oldj
  14. mastermeg_0228 Force Ghost

star 4
    wondeful update Master!!!!!

i loved the baby moments...perfect[face_love]!!!!

i can't wait to see how Jaina reacts to the pain of having a baby:p

[face_good_luck] [face_good_luck] [face_good_luck] [face_good_luck]
    meg
  15. jedikatie26 Force Ghost

star 1
    upddate soon
    plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  16. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] To the "leaking" and the "don't hurt me"! =D= Great job! Please more soon!
  17. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    Wonderful chapter. Sad to see this is almost over with.

I too, got a kick out of the "leaking" part. [face_laugh]

Awaiting Hanna's introduction! :)
  18. princess_melissa Jedi Master

star 4
    I somehow managed to miss a post so when I read the first sentence of the latest update mention Ben. Needless to say, I was a little confused.

Marvelous Job on both chapters. I'm really looking foward to Hanna's birth.
  19. Jedi-Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm De-lukring! Great job! I've really enjoyed reading this story!
  20. aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master

star 4
    goddess45

thank you! yeah, those vong can be tricky...

Lola64

yes, babies are all miracles. and nom anor has a history of screwups, but you never know... thanks!

JAGSGURL15

thank you, i'm glad you liked it! the next post is coming in just a few minutes.

ccp

thank you!

Alishu06

thank you, and yes, the end is in sight!

jaina_clan_solo

thank you, and i wouldn't count the vong out yet

padawanlissa

thank you, i'm a little sad too, but there's a sequel!

oldjedinurse

in the middle of everything is right, as you will see. thank you!

mastermeg_0228

thank you, padawan!

jedikatie26

update in just a few minutes!

Chilla

yeah, there's more, but just a little bit. thank you!

MirandaFair

thank you!

princess_melissa

LOL! thank you!

Jedi-Jade

i'm glad you decided to delurk! thanks!
  21. aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master

star 4
    well this is super long and has a lot of twists and turns, but i hope everyone enjoys it!

The pain wasn't as bad as she had assumed. Furrowing her brow in concentration, Jaina clenched her jaw and held her breath as the contraction followed its course, then eased away. She sighed, laying back against the bed, watching the Emdee droids flitting around her. Cilghal, Jag and the others had not returned yet, which aggravated her worse than anything, but the minor pains didn't help. ?You know,? she breathed, on the verge of breaking into a sweat, ?it's not pleasant, but not as bad as I thought.?

Mara just raised an eyebrow, swaying back and forth with Ben in her arms. ?I hope Jag gets here soon. I don't want to be here when you realize its worse. And I really shouldn't have Ben here.?

Jaina winced as she felt another contraction coming on. The muscles in her lower abdomen tightened and pulled, cramping tightly into a knot that shot pain from her knees to her lower back. She breathed in short gasps, trying to remember what they had said in those stupid classes. All memory alluded her, and so she reached deep into the Force for comfort. It eased her suffering a bit, but by the time she pushed past the pain to concentrate on the Force the contraction had ended. Not much of a help.

Ben started to cry, his wailing sharp and piercing through the bustle of the delivery room. Mara tried vainly to comfort him, then gave Jaina an apologetic look, saying, ?I'm sorry to abandon you, honey, but I need to get Ben out of here. Jag will be here soon.?

Jaina nodded, just relieved to have the contraction over with. Mara sashayed out of the room still trying to comfort the crying Ben. Jaina closed her eyes and tried to touch her own child, who was suffering a different sort of distress. She was panicky, claustrophobic almost, in a strange way. She wanted out, but the birthing process was scaring her. Jaina sent her a wave of calm, of love. It's okay. I'm here. I'll take care of you.

Hanna settled slightly, but was still full of anxiety. Jaina breathed heavily, sensing another contraction. She closed her eyes and grimaced. This time it was longer, and she could feel the increase of intensity. ?Damn it, Jag, where are you?? she muttered as it ended. A bead of sweat ran out of her hair and into her eyes. She blew her bangs out of her face in irritation and waited for the next contraction.

And then something completely unexpected happened. The lights dimmed then came on again, this time in a reddish hue as sirens blared through the alarm system. Jaina almost forgot what she was supposed to be doing as realization hit her. That was the signal for all soldiers to report to their stations, battle-ready. The only time it was to be sounded was when the Roughshod had come under attack.

Jag stared blankly at the comm station, not fully comprehending what was coming from the other end. ?What?? he blinked. ?I...I don't think I understand.?

Danni Quee's shrill voice came agitatedly back across to him. ?Her water broke. Mara just took her to the medics. You need to get back with Cilghal as soon as you can.?

Jag double-clicked in acknowledgment, unable to form an oral reply. ?Okay, we've got to get out of here. Jaina's gone into labor.?

The others immediately began to scramble for the controls of the small shuttle, turning them back towards the Roughshod. They had gone perhaps ten kilometers when the alarms began to go off like crazy, lights flashing and blinking with an intensity that blinded them.

?What's going on?? Anakin yelled.

Jacen, who was at the controls, cursed and pulled up hard. ?We've just had a huge number of ships jump into the Maw.?

?Friendly?? Jag asked hopefully.

Jacen scowled at the readouts. ?Some of them. Less than half.?

Jag's heart rate quickened, the implications settling disagreeably into his gut. This battle wasn't supposed to t
  22. Alishu06 Jedi Master

star 4
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jaina has to stay w/ Hanna! I really enjoy reading this. Thanks for the pm!
  23. goddess45 Jedi Master

star 4
  24. princess_of_naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    Seems rather stupid on Jaina's part to run off a few hours after having a baby. :p

Great update!
  25. JAGSGURL15 Jedi Master

star 4
    jaina has absoulutely NO common sense (neither do i... so i guess it doesnt matter)and it wouldnt be a jaina story without her trapezing off risking her life for something....
    wow.. im just stunned....
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.