main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dubious engagement--Jaina/Jag AU; *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aurrasingrules101, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    Jaina lay sprawled in an undignified manner on the delivery bed, gripping the railing to her right with one hand and the collar of a smallish young Captain who Mara thought was the second in command.
    LOL, poor guy!! Never mess with a pregnant lady!:D

?Where the hell have you been?? she asked, hunched over and sweating heavily. ?I've been in here like, six hours, and you show up now? Why don't you just get out? Get out!?
    Ok I almost died of laughter when I read this, and I know I probably shouldn't, I knew she didn't mean it though!!!!!!

?Nine months of pregnancy, seven hours of labor... and she looks like you.?
    [face_love] Perfect!!!!

?And this,? Mara patted the cylinder on her belt, ?is my lightsaber. He'll understand that too.?
    [face_laugh] Seriously dieing here...okay all better now...if he doesn't understand it than he needs a new brain!!!!!!

?Okay,? he said finally. ?But you're not going to do anything. You're just going to talk, and let me handle all the action. Do you understand??
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why in all nine Correllian hells would you let her go...she just had a baby!!!!????????:_| [face_worried] :( :_|

?And remember to tell Jag that I will always love him.?
    Sniff sniff...

great work, funny yet some very sad parts...

can't wait for more

meg

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    :_| Somehow this chapter is very sad....

And I fear for Anakin and Jacen, although I don't know why. Poor Anakin is alone somewhere in the Imperial remnant and Jacen is going with Jaina....Please no Twin sacrifice!

3. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update.

I have a feeling this will end up like the Mykr mission.

4. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Uh-oh.

I have a bad feeling about this.

:eek:

5. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    Alishu06

you're welcome, and if you want to be on the PM list for the sequel when i post it, please say so here. thank you!

goddess45

[face_devil] :p [:D]

princess_of_naboo

well, that's pretty much how jaina behaves. she doesn't think before she acts, and that got her in trouble several times in profic. thanks!

JAGSGURL15

exactly.[face_laugh] thank you!

mastermeg_0228

i really wanted to convey jaina's frustration at being in labor at such a critical time, and i guess i did! thank you!

Chilla

i had sad stuff, at least sad stuff that lasts for more than a few posts, so don't worry, things will pick up! thank you!

ccp

hmm, we'll see...

oldjedinurse

that seems to be the consensus around here. i guess we'll just have to wait and see...[face_whistling] thank you!

6. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    this is a very bittersweet post for me. it is the last chapter of this story, and i dedicate it to all of you who have stuck with me and been so wonderful through it all, readers and lurkers alike! there will be an epilogue following this either tonight or tomorrow, however, so don't start crying yet!:p

and like i told everyone before, there WILL be a sequel, currently called Lies About Love. if anyone wants to be PMed when i post the sequel, please specify here or PM me. there will be a sneak preview in this months author interview for the J/J Index, so keep your eyes peeled for that. I will also be posting a trailer for Lies About Love in the Resource forum Add-On thread very soon, for those of you who want to check that out.

i hope everyone enjoys the grand finale (and the epilogue which will be coming along shortly). this whole story has been wonderful to write, and this last chapter especially. thank you again to everyone who's supported this, I love all of you!

so without further wait, i give you the last chapter of Dubious Engagement:

The comm was blaring wildly, blinking in its insistence to be answered. Jacen didn't need to answer it to know who it was. ?Don't answer it,? Jaina said softly. ?I don't need him trying to talk me out of this, especially now.?

Jacen scowled in her direction. ?I shouldn't have brought you. You just had a baby. Jag's right to want to talk you out of it. And didn't I tell you to go put yourself in a healing trance until we get there??

Jaina returned his defiant gaze from the pilot's chair. ?I'm afraid you'll turn around if I go to sleep.?

Jacen rubbed his eyes in weariness and discouragement. ?I promise I won't. You were right, someone needs to take advantage of this access, but I shouldn't have let you come. Hanna needs you, Jag needs you...I shouldn't have let you come.?

Jaina turned to look out the viewport. A tunnel of safety had been made for them between the two sides, a small window both the Republic and the Vong had been instructed to leave open. Jacen piloted them quietly through the wreckage, the only noise the constant beating of the comm. ?I bet the first thing Mara did when we left was tell Jag,? Jaina said, gesturing to the communication center.

Jacen looked at her sideways. ?You should answer him.?

?No.?

?Why??

?Because I refuse to say goodbye,? she said, raising her chin slightly. ?I'm coming back, and I don't want to be put in that position.?

?That's a bit selfish, don't you think??

She shot him a menacing glare. ?I'm risking my life for his brother and you have the audacity to call me selfish??

?There is no such thing as a selfless good deed,? he stated flatly. ?There are two natures to everything.?

?I can't believe that,? she said softly.

?Why not? It's true.?

?Because then what hope do any of us have??

Silence reigned once again, the only noise the persistent beeping that Jaina refused to yield to. ?Jacen, I want to thank you for coming with me,? she said finally.

?I wasn't going to abandon you to this for anything,? he returned. ?Especially not in your condition. I love you.?

She reached over and took his hand. ?I love you, too, Jacen. Let's make sure Hanna not only has a mother but an uncle, okay??

He squeezed her hand and smiled. ?You can count on it.?

Jag hit the bulkhead with enough force to dent it. His knuckles immediately swelled, but the pain was not a worthy distraction. ?I can't believe you let her go,? he snarled.

Mara's eyes were as fiery as his own. ?You know her well enough to know when she sets her mind to something no one can stop her. Especially when Jacen's siding with her.?

?I'll kill him,? he said flatly. ?How can he do this??

?You're wasting your time arguing,? Luke interjected. ?Go after her!?

The light clicked on inside Jag's head, and he ran towards the turbolift; stopped, turned back around. ?I don't ha

7. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    aurra you're a nut! But with out you're nuttiness we wouldn't have had (and I quote) the best biggest flop in history ever!!!!

I think about half way through the chapter I got really worried, and i wondered if you were going to bring Jacen out alive! Thank god you did! I'm not sure I could have forgiven you. :p

Chak being back was also great! I can't wait for the epilouge!!

edit- Can I be on the PM list for when you start the sequal?

8. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    great ending! =D=

I absolutely love how you had Jaina shine in the Force. :)

umm...in this sequel....Jacen & Chak's fates will be revealed....right? [face_worried]

could you PM me when you post the sequel?

9. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Wow, this is at an end (except for epilogue, of course). This was the first fan fiction I ever replied here to and one of the first I ever read.

Great job!

Please add me to the PM list for the sequel.

10. crackjacks

crackjacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really sure what to say other than AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Humm..k that was AMAZING! First just want to say that I loved the story as whole...but that chapter...WOW.

Man half way through it...bout the time Nom Anor got there I was like...uh oh...but then Jaina and ah...life is good...well cept the part bout cem and Jacen.

the epilog is going to explain about them...right?[face_worried]

Could I be added to the PM list for the next one please!?

Waitin for the last post!

--kt[face_chicken]

11. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I was afraid you were going to kill Jacen.

It's over?!! Already?!

I want the epilogue and sequel!

Please put me on the PM list for the sequel.

12. MaraJade1225

MaraJade1225 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    Great ending aurra!!! i really enjoyed the story, and i'm totally stoked for the sequel. please put me on the PM list.

MaraJ

13. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    wow... cant wait for the epilogue.. that was amazing....

please put me on the PM list for the sequel also....!

14. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Unbelievable ending, aurra ... absolutely fantastic!

This has been one of my favorite J/J fics ever. Wonderful idea, beautifully written. =D= =D=

I will definitely want a PM for the sequel, please!

Looking forward to the Epilogue...

oldj

15. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    ok really really really really really great chapter!!!!!!!
    i'm gonna miss seeing this story:(

but i can't wait for the sequel:D and of course i would like to have a PM!!!!!

Congratulations and wonderful peice of work

And I can't wait for the epilogue!

meg

16. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

17. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Please Pm me when you post the sequel! And please keep Jacen alive! [face_praying] He's really a hero, I love what he has done for Jaina.

18. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    EPILOGUE

Leia Organa Solo looked in wonderment at the small bundle in her arms. Hanna Fel looked much different than any child of her own, bearing an exact resemblance to her father, but such things could be overlooked. She was beautiful anyway. ?So you picked a dress, I'm guessing??

Jaina Solo-Fel smiled as she stepped into the plush Coruscanti apartment. The New Republic had made a swift and tidy recapture of their capital, and it was returned in mostly the same condition. The entire galaxy had been under clean-up for two months, and Coruscant had been the first planet deemed ready for its citizens to return.

Such a momentous occasion has needed a celebration, and Leia had thought it a splendid idea to make it the wedding she had always dreamed Jaina would have. Knowing Jaina and Jag would object to such a huge affair, she had announced it without their consent over a live Holonet broadcast, an so the two had really not had much of a choice. But after the process began, Leia thought that they secretly enjoyed it.

?Yes. I'm having it fitted today. I just dropped by to give you the bill, I'm on the way to the MedCenter. Cilghal and that huge entourage of healers have finally come to a consensus on Chak's prognosis,? Jaina explained.

?Fine, I'll pay it right away. How is Jag handling everything??

Jaina looked hesitant to divulge the information. ?We're trying to be optimistic, but we really won't know if he'll ever recover until this evening.?

Leia had been talking about the wedding, but to keep from appearing as if she wasn't listening she just smiled and said, ?I'm sure he'll be fine. It's too bad Syal and Soontir won't be able to see the wedding.?

Jaina shrugged. ?The Chiss are still kind of holding a grudge against the two of us. They wouldn't be very receptive to Jag's parents coming. I'm surprised it holds Syal back, but I guess Soontir talked her into it. He's good at that.?

Leia handed her granddaughter, who was starting to wriggle in her grasp, back to Jaina. ?We'll need a decision on the caterer by this afternoon.?

?I told you that we don't care. Just hire someone,? Jaina said, setting Hanna on her hip. He small child busied herself by tugging playfully on a strand of Jaina's hair. ?We have to go.?

?Okay,? Leia said, more than happy to oblige. ?Make sure and tell me when you decide on a wedding march, too.?

Jaina saluted facetiously as she hurried back out the door.

?Look who it is,? Jaina said in a playfully simple voice. ?Who is that? Is that Daddy??

Hanna smiled her toothless smile, reaching for Jag and opening and closing her hands. Jag smiled warmly and took her into his arms, kissing the top of her head. ?Hello, my little princess. Did you miss me?? Instead of using words she laughed happily, clapping her chubby hands on either side of his face. ?I'll take that as a yes,? he smiled.

?Well, I missed you,? Jaina said with a smile, sliding under his other arm. He kissed her lightly, but she felt the deep emotion just underneath the surface, a promise for a better greeting later on.

?I missed you too,? he replied. ?How did things go on your little shopping excursion??

?I found a dress,? she said. ?It's being fitted right now.?

?Wonderful, maybe Leia will bump this thing up a few days and we can get it over with.?

Jaina grinned knowingly and said, ?But we're on a schedule, remember, everything has to be picked out and ordered in three days. Three days!?

Jag laughed at her mimicking. ?She's driving you crazy with this, isn't she??

Jaina waved him off. ?I'll live. At least she's letting me have some choice in the matter. I was afraid the only thing I would get to do was show up.?

?Jag, Jaina,? a voice interrupted. They both turned to see Cilghal standing in the doorway, her group of fellow physicians close behind.

Jag, growing serious, handed Hanna back to her mother. ?Can we see him??

?Yes, come on

19. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    Aurra I loved the ending!! It was summed up beautifully!! I didn't leave me hanging or anything.

The little moment with Jag and Hanna and Jaina was adorable. It truly brings you back to that they're so down to earth even after all they've been through!

When I forst started reading this I was alittle hesitant... "How is she going to make a story with this?" You did an AMAZING job. I'm sorry to see this end too because it was what I looked foward to every week!!

Now I can look foward to the Sequal and even though you haven't said when it would be posted I'm counting the days!! Can you add me to the PM list for when you post the first chapter??

I can't say it enough but I loved this!!

Bravo!
    =D=

20. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    That was beautiful!!!!!=D= Thank you so much for the pm. And YES please keep me on your continuing pm list :)

21. crackjacks

crackjacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    Awwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! That was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! See that's how things should end, where everything...well most everything has been tied up, leaving you totaly happy and sated!

Can't wait till you get the sequel out! See you then!!!!!

--kt[face_chicken]

22. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    Thank you everybody! I'm glad you liked the ending, i really did. i'll probably have the prologue to Lies About Love posted in two weeks, and until then the trailer is now up in the Fanfic Trailers(add-on) thread in the Resource forum for those of you who are eager for a sneak-peak.

23. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    YAY!!!!
    Jacen's alive! and Chak's alive! And they're going to be fine. :)

Beautiful with the wedding, I can definitely see Leia going all out for her daughter.

24. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Aurra, your epilogue is simply lovely: Poetic, romantic, and full of hope--with a touch of uncertainty that is always a subtext for the future.

I truly can't wait for the sequel.

*Heads off to find the teaser*

Fantastic job, well done!

oldj

25. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    wow... such a wonderful ending! I loved it Aurra!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.