Beyond Dubious engagement--Jaina/Jag AU; *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aurrasingrules101, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. padawanlissa Jedi Master

star 4
    I loved the ending=D==D=

I just wish it wasn't over:_|
  2. ccp Force Ghost

star 4
  3. jaina_clan_solo Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't believe this is over! :_| I love the way you tied everything together.. a wonderful story :D

would you please PM me when you get the sequal up?

jcs
  4. goddess45 Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG (sorry I know I'm breaking the one rule postie thing again) but that trailer was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool!!!!!

Holy COW!!! I so want to go see that... except it's not a movie... but if it was I would so see that!! OMG I can't wait...

**sings** I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!! **sings**

Did I say how much I can't wait?? I've never been so excited about a sequal!!
  5. baby-jade Jedi Knight

6. mastermeg_0228 Force Ghost

star 4
    :_| :) :_| :) :_| :)

ok so these were very happy tears, but tears nonetheless!!! perfect ending, and you just make me want to write more J/J!!!:p

i love your story and you made a perfect ending for it!=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

God Bless
    meg *goes to check out trailer[face_dancing]*
  7. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    That trailer was amazing.
    I could see and hear everything perfectly in my mind
    It was as perfect as the trailers for the movies.
    Now I really can't wait! *jumps around like a maniac*
  8. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Awwwww! [face_love] So beautiful! =D=
    I'm sad this ends now, but you've done a great job! Thank you so much! [:D]
  9. JediFarfy Force Ghost

star 4
  10. aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master

star 4
    thank you everyone! i'm so sad it's over too. but i've written a little on the sequel, and i've added everyone who specified to the PM list.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

if anyone who had read the whole story and thinks they know it well would be willing to write a summary for me to post when i post Lies About Love i would be very very grateful. i would do it myself, but i want a reader's perspective on what they think is important and would be needed to help new readers who didn't want to read Dubious engagement to understand. thank you!
  11. TelannaTani Jedi Knight

star 3
    Whew! What a ride! Being a late comer, I appreciated that you PMed me the story, Aurra. I was riveted from beginning to end - every twist and turn, every joy and pain - completely engrossed! I'm so glad I found this story! When you're ready to begin your new one, PLEASE put me on the PM list. This time, I'd like to ride from beginning to end!

Congratulations!

*~Telanna~*
  12. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    Aurra, congrats on writing such a brilliant and inspiring fic. I've really enjoyed your characterizations, original plot, and the epilogue. I know you can add me to the list of readers very excited to start reading the sequel.

13. aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master

star 4
  14. mastermeg_0228 Force Ghost

star 4
    did you find someone to write your summary yet????

because if you didn't I'd be more than happy to![face_batting] [face_batting]

meg
  15. aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master

star 4
    i'm sorry meg, TelannaTani has already asked to write the summary. but thank so much for offering, and if for some reason she has to back out i'll come to you first![:D]
  16. princess_melissa Jedi Master

star 4
    An absolutally fabulous ending to an absolutally fabulous story.

I kinda missed a few chapters so I'll just cover everything briefly.

I'm so glad they got Chack back, even if he won't remember everything. The wedding was beautiful (so was her dress) I'm glad Leia and Jaina kinda reconsiled even if things will never be perfect.

Excelent job through this whole piece. =D= I hope I'll see more of your stories in the future. [:D]
  17. mastermeg_0228 Force Ghost

star 4
    awww [:D] anyway!!!!! i'm sure she'll do a perfect job!!!!!

meg
  18. aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master

star 4
    thanks, princess_melissa! if you want to be PMed for the sequel just let me know.

and again, sorry meg! thanks anyway!
  19. aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master

star 4
    For anyone who's interested:

I've finished the 1st part to Lies About Love, and as soon as TelannaTani gets the summary back to me i'll be posting it.

thanks!
  20. mastermeg_0228 Force Ghost

star 4
    YIPPIE!!!! can't wait!!!

DS
  21. TelannaTani Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ooh! The pressure!

Draft of summary is done, everyone. Hopefully we'll have the final done in the next couple days and get into some more great action! I can't wait either! [face_dancing]

[:D] *~Telanna~*
  22. aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master

star 4
    EVERYONE, I JUST WANT TO SAY HOW MUCH I LOVE ALL OF YOU, READERS AND LURKERS ALIKE. THIS STORY HAS ALREADY BEEN NOMINATED FOR BEST AU AND BEST SERIES ALONG WITH LIES ABOUT LOVE!

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY, VERY MUCH, I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO TELL YOU IN WORDS HOW MUCH IT MEANS TO ME TO KNOW YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS STORY THAT MUCH. DUBIOUS ENGAGEMENT WAS SUCH AN AMAZING RIDE, AND I KNOW LIES ABOUT LOVE WILL BE TOO.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN AND GOD BLESS!!
  23. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Hi! :D I'm slowly catching up. I think I'm about halfway through now. Just wanted to drop a note that I've really enjoyed this story so far. I like how you built Jaina and Jag's relationship because it seems very realistic, love growing out of nothing. I also like how they bicker every once in a while. :p

The action is superb! My favorite bit so far (and where I just left off) is the encoded sabacc message that Jaina sent to Pellaeon. Clever little thing you thought up. :D
  24. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
    Took me two days, but I finished this... great stuff! I actually liked Jaina in this... mostly... :p
  25. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm done! [face_dancing] Now I'll give you the laundry list of what I liked. :p

1) Jag?s clawcraft taking the hit for Jaina - I think I gasped at this part just thinking about how much he loved her to be able to do that.

2) Han dying - I know I gasped at this part. :_| Cruel twist to take Han away just when he and Jaina had patched things up (and I loved that subplot), but it absolutely worked for the story.

3) Chak - I just love him. :*

4) Jag freaking out about fatherhood - these topics always pull me into a story. It's the mush factor. [face_love] To me it was funny that after all the tight situations Jag has survived, he forgets he can apply those same skill of quick-thinking and adaptation to raising a baby. It reminds me of a humorous commercial where a guy is taking care of his baby and wondering how he could ever be responsible enough to take care of another life.

5) The best quotes:

Just next time, try not think about having sex with my sister. Really gross. - [face_laugh] I'll bet.

?He was going to blow down a house made of ferrocrete?? Myri exclaimed. ?He can't do that.?

?Well technically he can't talk, either,? Jag muttered.

?He could have growled it,? Myri said staunchly. ?But he can't blow down a house made of ferrocrete.?

?Fine,? Jag said. ?He used a his H3-1 Heavy Artillery laser cannon.?

Jag shouldn't worry at all. He's going to be a great father. At the very least he knows how to tell bedtime stories. :p

Cut her some slack. You'd be cranky if you had another person growing in your uterus, too. - Something about this was really funny, and such a Mara comment.

We all are so eager to meet you. And then as an afterthought, Please don't hurt me... ? [face_laugh] Jaina, Jedi Knight, General, and bowled over by labor.

You did an amazing job crafting the relationship between Jaina and Jag, not to mention your action scenes were top-notch. Why didn't the pro writers think of sending the Vong into a black hole? Would've saved the galaxy a lot of trouble. =D=

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.