main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dubious engagement--Jaina/Jag AU; *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aurrasingrules101, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    RedGold

thanks, i'm really glad you enjoyed it!

JadeSolo

those are definitely some of my favorite things too. i'm so glad you enjoyed reading this! and i'm very shocked you loved my actions scenes, their definitely not my strong suit. and yeah, things would have gone a lot easier if they had just buried the Vong in the Maw!:p [face_laugh] Thanks again! and i just noticed i never put a link here to Lies About Love, the sequel. I'll be back momentarily with it for you or anyone who's interested.

here ya go!
    Lies About Love

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Just giving an up to our wonderful Story of the Month! Congrats! =D=

3. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    Oh my goodieness!!! :eek:

thanks so much, mod squad!! i so appreciate the gesture, thanks to you and all the wonderful readers of this story. [face_blush] [:D]

4. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I?ve read this story from beginning to the end during the last few days and all I can say is wow, I?ve loved every second of it. I also have to say that I love your description of the characters, the emotions (especially the emotions) and the events during the story, I could just see them in my head.

I guess that I can also say that when Han died, and the emotion I could feel from all of them, I cried, and it was the first time ever reading a fanfic that I have, amazing.

I laughed really hard when Jag was reading that story to?oh, I can?t remember her name, well, it was really sweet.

And the ending, I loved Jacen?s thoughts, they warmed my heart, this whole fic did.

*runs away to read the sequel*

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Was peeking in the Looking For A Story thread and thought I should check this out. :)

Ch. 1 - I can't blame Jaina at all for thinking being used is barbaric. Her parents could have been the ones to tell her as well. o_O Loved hearing her brother tell her that if things went wrong, they'd be there. I like how she's rather awed by many things on Csilla, though refuses be made comfortable by them.

That first meeting was sad. While they are both dealing with the same circumstances, neither even wants to like the other. :(

Yay, Jaina's found a friend. Yikes with the call from Jag. He's right though, they really need to do quite a bit of talking.

Ch. 2 - Well, that first talk aired out quite a bit of mess. I'd glad to see they can agree on some things. Here I was going to say how well everything is going in meeting his family, up until she tells them her plans.

No one from her family is even at her wedding? What is the matter with the Solos??? How very sad.

Ch. 3 - Ha! Love the deal they make. I'm going to go with Jag being more than a bit surprised. :D :D Awww, he may be better, but he knows talent when he sees it. Good for him!

Ch. 4 - LOL at Uncle Luke sending a practice droid. Again he's right with telling him some things. OOoh, a little bit of bonding there??? :D

Ch. 5 - 16? I'd no idea she was so young. I love reasons to dress up. Sadly there aren't many in my life. Don't think I've worn a true gown since... forever. Wow, that call with Leia was just sad. No apology, no regrets from her mother. Makes one wonder why she even had kids if she cares so little for them?

Awww, poor Jag. And why exactly fdoes he think Shawnkyr's accident was no accident?

Ch. 6 - OMG, she died? I do wish Jag would let Jaina go with him for support. :( Oh dear, I can see the headlines now. Jaina Fel lunches with hot guy while husband mourns best friend. Uh oh, she likes Payton, even worse. Damn, she discovers she has feelings for Jag and he has to leave for war. :( :(

Ch. 7 - Yeah, too much time spent with Payton is not a good thing. Syal is right.

Ch. 8 - Dang, doesn't Jag see that he needs to include Jaina in his life. She was so happy to see him and he takes off so quickly. I like that Jag was wiling to meet Payton, not instant jealousy. Awww, that's really kind of sweet that she wants to join his squadron to be near him.

Payton, that was a dirty trick. [face_frustrated] But it all worked out in the end. [face_love] [face_love]

ch. 9 - LOL, loved the interruption of his mother and the way they put her off and how shes determined to be with him no matter where.

Ch. 10 - Ahhh, Jaina's first knowledge of the Yuuzhan Vong. That is mor than noble Jaina, but using Jedi mind tricks is not the way to go. Now I'm really concerned here. [face_worried]

Ch. 11 - Eeks, she's not doing such a great job at being stealthy. At least she's got some great info. Jag better get there quickly.

Ch. 12 - LOL what an exciting rescue. Heh heh, just out of bacta and they're getting cosy. ;) HOlu Moly!!! Covathen was a spy??? The Chiss should now need they are not as good as they thought. Having a spy in such a high military rank. Tsk, tsk. Off to Imperial space now?? Geesh, how sasd is it that her father's co-pilot would come to visist, but her own parents couldn't? o_O

CH. 13 - Oh no, the other murder wsa Touri?? That's terrible. All that mess for trying to drive the Chiss and Republic apart. Is this a Yuuzhan Vong tactic so they won't help each other? Hmmm. Good to see her passing on her knowledge.

Ch. 14 - I very much agree with calling the Jedi home and training them to fight this new enemy. That was a hard conversation. Can't decide whether Han's words still justify never being around. Good words by Jacen.

Well, this takes care of the first nin pages. I'll be back.

6. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    Woohoo, this storie's been finished for months and we're still getting readers! Thanks for all the great replies, Leona, Star_Angel! I'm so excited you all are enjoying.

7. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    Oh no! Not the end!

I'm back on the boards, temporarily anyway. I will hopefully catch up and reply soon...

But why did you have to end it???

8. MaraJade4S

MaraJade4S Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    I just found this story and I finished it in 3 days. All I have to say is wow =D=

This is the best Jag and Jaina AU story I've ever read, aurra. I can't wait to get to the sequel. I've seen you've started one. I hope that one is finished too so I don't have to wait between updates. :p

Once again, congratulations. It must have been quite an effort to write such a long and complex story but you worked it out great.

I loved the development of the relationship between J/J and their banter, all their interaction with each other. And all the other characters were so much according to their personalities. I'm glad that in the end Jaina became closer to Leia. It's a pity Han died, though :_| He would have loved his granddaughter.

See you in the sequel... :)

9. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    i can't believe you finished it without me... good job though. put me on the pm list 4 the sequel

10. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    Mystralgurl

Thank you, I was very sad to see it go as well. I'm glad you're back!

MaraJade4s

Thank you so very much! That means so much to me. I loved it too!

skywalkerlover00

glad to see you back! I'm glad you enjoyed.

A quick note to any of my readers who might see this: I'm considering having this archived, so anyone who's a beta-er for the archives and could help me out, your assistance would be much appreciated!

11. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    Aurra: Thanks! I'm glad to be ack to. It took me a while to catch up though. Great job on finishing this once again. I loved it.

12. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    Since some of you have asked for this story to be PMed to you, and I can no longer do that, anyone who wants to read this can now find it on fanfiction.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.