main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Dubya's coming to town

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Billy_Shears, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    But if Kerry wins, I'm moving to Canada

Well, if Bush wins, I'm moving to France. :p

2. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Let me pack your bags for you!

3. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Viva La Poof Poof, I'll book the flight for you.

4. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    But if Kerry wins, I'm moving to Canada.

I'll be right behind you. Hockey here we come!

Well, if Bush wins, I'm moving to France.

Yeah I hear your kind is accepted there.

5. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Why doesn't anyone ever move somewhere tropical? If I was gonna move, I'd move to Aruba or Bermuda. No one ever got frostbite in Hawaii unless it was from their Pina Colada. ;)

Speaking of moving, when are Rosie O'Donnel & Alec Baldwin finally going to leave? They said they were denouncing their citizenship and moving to another country if W. won in 2000. I'm still waiting to see them off at the airport. They both make me sick!

6. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Awww, you're all so sweet to me. [face_plain]

You do know sarcasm when you read it right?

7. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Wow, you're a combo, Herb.

Kerry supporter
    Bandwagon Sox fan

......you should move to France. Be totally un-American.

8. Reaper63

Nov 17, 2002
    As for the comment about matial Law earlier in this post. I guess you have little experience with presidential security, no matter who is the president. I have been around secuirty set ups for 3 presidents. Including a Visit by Bush Senior to my home town back in the day.

And trust me, that is nothing compaired to what Martial Law would be.

And for the record, of all three presidents, Clinton's was the worst, As far as how much had to be done for it.

So that is something you would have to deal with no matter who was Commander in Chief.

9. DarthYJTyranus

DarthYJTyranus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2002
    I got your back Padawan! My two cents is going in the blue column.

JERRY T

10. Billy_Shears

Billy_Shears Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2002
    As for the comment about matial Law earlier in this post. I guess you have little experience with presidential security, no matter who is the president. I have been around secuirty set ups for 3 presidents. Including a Visit by Bush Senior to my home town back in the day.

And trust me, that is nothing compaired to what Martial Law would be.

And for the record, of all three presidents, Clinton's was the worst, As far as how much had to be done for it.

So that is something you would have to deal with no matter who was Commander in Chief.

I was just kidding. I never even saw anything when I was in school, the only place where any police would have been would have been at the actual gym place where he spoke.

And also, this is not supposed to be pointless bickering of who is supporting who.

It is supposed to be pointless bickering pertaining to Marlton being > than all other NJ cities. :p

11. Reaper63

Nov 17, 2002
    The problem with your joke is, you have current and former members of the armed forces here, as well as people with strong political views. If you are going to make a comment about Martial Law, and then leave it just like that, you should expect to have some sort of feedback.

That fact you said that, without having experienced any of the increased security, just shows me how blindly you were willing to go to belittle our current president.

Very poor taste.

Again, my opinion.

12. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Thanks Ed.

13. Billy_Shears

Feb 9, 2002
    I thought the winking smiley would have been enough to tell people I was only joking, apparently I was wrong.

And I wasn't going to lengths to "belittle" the President. Anyone knows he's not personally in charge of how many security guards, snipers, etc are at these things. If anything, it was more of a joke towards the whole system in general. If Kerry had come, I would have said the same thing.

Again, sorry if I offended anyone, but you have to take things into context. If there's one of those smilies that's winking/sticking their tongue out, then the statement most likely isn't meant to be taken seriously.

14. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Okay guys...it's the internet. Let's not get all bent out of shape about stuff we can't control.

15. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    I thought the President was supposed to be in Downingtown PA (Home of my favorite beverage manufacturer, Victory B****y) today. I was at McGuire AFB and saw his Chinook parked on the ramp. I figured he'd land at Willow Grove since it's closer.

Strange.

BTW, Mike, I officially hate you now. You know what to do. [face_laugh]

16. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Good Joe. Now that makes everyone.

17. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    This isn't supposed to be bickering at all. And yes, I am a registered Republican, and I support our President. And even if I were a Democrat, I will not go for belittling our current President. You get his job and tell me how easy it is.

But I will, however, say that before anyone starts bashing Bush about how he's managed the war on terrorism.....think of this: Clinton knew where Bin Laden was all this time when he was in administration. Never did a thing about it. We're cleaning up Clinton's mess right now, and many Presidents to come will be doing it too. Honestly, Kerry using Christopher Reeve's death to boost his campaign makes me sick to my stomach. Plus, he states that he spoke to Christopher Reeve a few days before he died. Christopher Reeve was in a coma. That makes no sense.

November 2nd. Vote.

18. Billy_Shears

Feb 9, 2002
    This isn't supposed to be bickering at all.

Again, notice the smiley. :p

And yes, I am a registered Republican, and I support our President. And even if I were a Democrat, I will not go for belittling our current President. You get his job and tell me how easy it is.

This is really for the Senate, but I'll respond here anyway. I have to say that I find this view un-American. Not questioning your leader is a very bad course to walk IMO, as it defeats the purpose that the framers of the Bill of Rights were intending.

Of course, it's your choice, but I'd like to point out that a lot of the conservatives adamant about not criticizing the President didn't seem to mind criticizing Clinton. I'm not saying it was you, just a thing I've noticed.

As for Clinton knowing about OBL, he may have known, I'm not sure, but this isn't the election of Clinton vs Bush, this is the election of Kerry vs Bush. Just because they're both liberals doesn't mean they have the exact same ideas.

And as I read it on Yahoo, it wasn't Kerry using Christopher Reeve's death as a boost, it was Reeve's wife that endorsed Kerry because he's ok with using stem cell research that might have been helpful to Reeves before he died.

//endrant

19. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    "...just shows me how blindly you were willing to go to belittle our current president".

We have freedom of speech in the country last time I checked. So however wants to belittle the president can do as they damn well please. You're all belittling Kerry so why is it that we can't belittle Bush? I smell a double standard.

20. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Feb. 26, 1993 Attack: A truck bomb explodes at the World Trade Center, New York City; six are killed, and more than 1,000 are injured.

Nov. 1995: Attack: A van bombing at Army training headquarters in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, kills seven people, including five Americans, and injures 31.

June 25, 1996: Attack: A truck bomb destroys the Khobar Towers in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia; 19 American Airmen are killed, and 372 are injured.

Aug. 1996: Bin Laden issues a public declaration of jihad against U.S. troops in Saudi Arabia.

Feb. 1998: Bin Laden expands his public declaration for Muslims to kill Americans, military or civilian, anywhere in the world.

Aug. 7, 1998: Attack: Near-simultaneous truck bombings at U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania kill more than 200 and injure more than 4,500.

Sept. 1998: The Taliban's leader, Mullah Mohammed Omar, reneges on a promise to expel bin Laden from Afghanistan.

Dec. 1998: Intelligence places bin Laden in Kandahar, Afghanistan, but no strikes are ordered.

Dec. 1999: A man allegedly planning to bomb Los Angeles International Airport is arrested in Port Angeles, Wash.

Oct. 12, 2000: Attack: An explosive-laden boat rams the USS Cole in the harbor in Aden, Yemen; 17 U.S. sailors are killed, and 39 are injured.
    That's strange. I'm seeing a pattern of terrorist activity aimed at the United States.

I wonder,.......
    Exactly who was in office at the time?

Makes it kinda hard to blame all of this on the current President. :)

21. LifeSabre

LifeSabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Not questioning your leader is a very bad course to walk IMO

...Dem's dont question the president they bash and riducule him. At least you know where we stand with this president, i mean, DO i have to Go line for line of every backwards and contradicting phrase john kerry has said

Nobody in the press questions kerry's record. How bout a 20 yr senate record where the man wasnt even there half the time? How bout the fact that his campaign had something to do with the forging of the documents that were used by that fool tom brokaw? Where are those questions? How come nobody questions the fact that Kerry went before the senate after vietnam and lied to the faces of the people there saying that there were mass atrocities commited in Vietnam...Where are those questions?

How bout the cheap shots the kerry campaign took on CHeney's daughter, raising the "gay" issue to win more votes.

What about the fact that Kerry is going around telling African AMericans that there is a conscious effort to keep them from voting on the part of republicans?

How can anyone stand behind a person that that will say anything, no matter how illogical, to get a vote???

-----------

In Case You Forget SOme of the Flip Flops

1. Iraq war

?George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him.?

?I am [explained in link at bottom]? Yes, in the sense that I don?t believe the president took us to war as he should have, yes, absolutely.?

2. Marriage Penalty For Middle Class

?Howard Dean and Gephardt are going to put the marriage penalty back in place. So if you get married in America, we?re going to charge you more taxes. I do not want to do that.?

In 1998, Kerry Voted Against Eliminating Marriage Penalty Relief For Married Taxpayers

3.Patriot Act

Kerry Voted For Patriot Act. The Patriot Act was passed nearly unanimously by the Senate 98-1.

?We are a nation of laws and liberties, not of a knock in the night. So it is time to end the era of John Ashcroft. That starts with replacing the Patriot Act with a new law that protects our people and our liberties at the same time

4.First Gulf War

?Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition ? to the early use of military force by the US against Iraq. I share your concerns.?

?Thank you very much for contacting me to express your support for the actions of President Bush in response to the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. From the outset of the invasion, I have strongly and unequivocally supported President Bush?s response to the crisis??

5. Attacking President During Time Of War

?Senator John F. Kerry of Massachusetts ? said he will cease his complaints once the shooting starts. ?It?s what you owe the troops,??If America is at war, I won?t speak a word without measuring how it?ll sound to the guys doing the fighting when they?re listening to their radios in the desert.??

With Troops Just Miles From Baghdad - ?What we need now is not just a regime change in Saddam Hussein and Iraq, but we need a regime change in the United States?

6. Death Penalty For Terrorists

Kerry Attacked Governor Bill Weld For Supporting Death Penalty For Terrorists. KERRY: ?Your policy would amount to a terrorist protection policy. Mine would put them in jail.?

?The law of the land is the law of the land, but I have also said that I am for the death penalty for terrorists because terrorists have declared war on your country.?

7.Israel Security Fence

?And I know how disheartened Palestinians are by the Israeli government?s decision to build a barrier off the green line, cutting deeply into Palestinian areas. We do not need another barrier to peace.?

?US Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, the frontrunner in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, described Israel?s construction of a security barrier as a

22. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    I'm not looking in this thread again. This BS is the sort of thing I would rather avoid with my friends because it just makes everyone angry at each other.
    I have my views and you all have yours. No amount of arguing is going to change each others minds so there's not point in trying to force this **** down each other's throats.

23. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    I have my views and you all have yours. No amount of arguing is going to change each others minds so there's not point in trying to force this **** down each other's throats.

Amen! I love you now. Okay no I don't. Well maybe I do.

24. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    To quote Grand Moff Tarkin;
    "This bickering is pointless".

It's time to get back to the attainment of maximum geekage.

Let me start of by saying,

Mike, I hate you.

RJ, my money is on you for hardcore trooping.

Gary, You rock.

Marie, you rock too because you're very cool and can kick the collective butts of Mike, RJ, Gary & I. [face_laugh]

25. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Damn right I'm HARDCORE still waiting a challenger...... LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.