main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL DucKon 12 (June 6-8)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mos_Eisleian_Radio, Apr 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Who is planning on going to DucKon this year? I'd heard of the convention for a long time, but I've finally decided to attend. The two guests I'm particularly interested in seeing are Trace Beaulieu (Dr. Forrester and Crow from Mystery Science Theater 3000) and The Great Luke Ski. Looking at their website, www.DucKon.org, it looks to be pretty fun. It's being held at the Radisson Hotel Lincolnwood.

Phil

2. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]I am intending on going since by then I will not be working weekends and will be in rehersals. I still have to wait and see on the casting to give a definate but there should not be any problems.[/color]

3. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    its actually a really fun con. on the order of windy con i would say.

4. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    I'm planning to go, mainly to see Illiad, the mind behind my second-favorite webcomic, and just to see what the con is like... I've never done DucKon before.

5. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Pre-registration for DucKon ends on May 1. It's currently $35 to register, but will be $50 at the door.

Phil

6. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I am saving up for CONvergence....have sent in registration for that one...so the other Cons will have to be bypassed....

7. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    The Rebel Legion's Midwest Base has requested a fan table at this years Duc-Kon in Lincolnwood, IL.

The table will be Saturday only the date is June 7th.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite Chicago Force to share the table with us!

If you guys are interested please let me know so arrangements can be made. We'll also need table voluteers to work the CF side of things.

I am going to bring a bunch of my props so if you have anything you would like to show off bring it!

If anyone you have any ideas for any other items or anything to put on the table, please post!

8. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Just a reminder that this con is next weekend. I was bummed to find out it was $50 to register since I missed the pre-reg date. However, they do have single day passes (which would add up to $50, but if you are just doing Fri or Sun it's $15 or Sat $35). I'm more likely to register now that I found out it is also a fundraiser situation for children's sci-fi literature awards. I love the reading.

9. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    unfortunately the con has NOT gotten back to me about the fan table so that will be cancelled.

i'll still be there for the fun though!

10. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Is there some way to get there which doesn't include driving on expressways, or possibly using public transportation?

11. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    you could take cicero almost all the way there. cicero to touhy.

12. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    As far as public transportation, you can take the Red Line to Howard, then the 290 Pace bus west to the hotel, Radisson Hotel Lincolnwood, at 4500 W. Touhy Ave. in Lincolnwood. You can look up the bus schedule at www.pacebus.com.

Phil

13. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    on the subject of the fan table. i have been informed that there are plenty of tables and we should be able to get one as long as we show up early on saturday.

sounds like we've got ourselves a plan.

14. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    If anyone hasn't seen it yet, the DucKon schedule has been posted on their website.

Phil

15. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Excellent :)

16. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    righteous!

*insert air guitar motion here*

17. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    wosrst con staff ever! It's be a hot day on Hoth before I go to Duckon again. The staff was completely unorganized about the table and insanely rude throughout the entire day. I hope the panel content was good for the sake of the other CFers who attended.

18. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    well, if for one will never attend that con again. between the rudeness of the staff and the complete lack of organization a once fun con has turned into complete and utter crap!

good did come of it though. much fun was had between all 3 groups(501st, CF, and RL). it is my hope that there will be many joint efforts in our futures! thanks to those that worked the fan tables!!!

with out further ado, i give you the meager amount of pictures from saturday.

go pics yeah!

enjoy em!

19. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    One thing I learned from Duckon is that I am very frightened of goat's Gollum impersonation.

And Bennigan's rocks, especially our hostess Erica and her super ball. :)

20. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    its the fish isnt it? a lotta people get creeped out by the fish preciouss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.