main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Duct Tape [By Jay, not Opie Wan Cannoli]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Opie Wan Cannoli, Mar 7, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opie Wan Cannoli

Opie Wan Cannoli Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 1999
    I've started a thread in Fan Fiction about the almighty Duct Tape. Just thought I would let you know. But now that's there's a thread here for Duct Tape, you can talk about it here too. Anybody who couldn't live without it, please stop by and say hi. Even if you hardly use it, you should stop by to help sing its praises.

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited 03-08-99).]

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Any good mechanic knows, if you can't fix it with duct tape, it ain't worth fixing.

3. Emmetovich

Emmetovich Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 1998
    Ahhh, duct tape! The handyman's secret weapon! Some day soon I expect my car to be held together by little else but duct tape.

[This message has been edited by Emmetovich (edited 03-07-99).]

4. Jay

Jay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 1, 1998
    Not all of you may know the full quote: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it, but if it is broke, you can fix it with Duct Tape."

5. Paul

Paul Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2000
    Half of my old car was held together by duct tape, the other half by RTV. Come to think of it, most of the panels on my old plane were held together by RTV, too.

If you can't fix it, duct it.

6. Jay

Dec 1, 1998
    MacGyver once made a plane out of Duct Tape, some bamboo and some plastic bags. Oh, yeah, and a fan for the propeller. But the duct tape is what made it work.

7. Jay

Dec 1, 1998
    Oops, double post. I'll just praise Duct Tape some more. The almighty Duct Tape. Oh, what a wonderful thing. I don't know how I could live without you. I'm glad I don't have to. You make my life complete.

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited 03-08-99).]

8. Emmetovich

Emmetovich Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 1998
    MacGyver was so cool that he didn't even need duct tape all the time. He could make a bomb out of chewing gum and a paper clip if he had to.

Did you ever see Jackie Chan's Rumble in the Bronx (I think this is the right one). Anyway, there was one where he cut open the airbag underneath a hovercraft, and then needed it to catch the bad guys, so they used duct tape to patch the rips!

9. Tiker Kotnom

Tiker Kotnom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2000
    I wonder if MacGyver ever accidently blew himself up. That'd be funny. Ha, ha, that would be funny. Anywho, duct tape is the sole tool of the south.

10. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    I love Duct Tape... there is a roll of it 2 inches from my hand, there is a roll in my backpack, and there is a some on the hull of Mir.

11. Jay

Dec 1, 1998
    No, he's way too cool for that. Besides, he always had the almighty duct tape to protect him.

12. Jay

Dec 1, 1998
    I have a roll about three feet away, and some in my back pocket. Its always there, I take it everywhere. You never know when you'll need it.

13. Jay

Dec 1, 1998
    I was about to go to bed and then I realized I had 99 posts. I thought I would take a few seconds to make my hundredth post tonight. I dedicate it to Duct Tape. The greastest thing in the universe.

14. Son of Kenobi

Son of Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 1998
    Duct tape saved my life in college.

15. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    Little known to the non-Star Wars fan, the giant Mon Calamari Cruiser was originally a big fish. After several years of 'duct-ing' on its 'hull', the ship greww in size as layer after layer of the might duct tape covered every scale of the fish. Thus, Home One was built...

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together...

All hail the mighty Duct Tape!!!

16. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I have a roll in my bookbag, computer area (comes in handy for keeping all of those cables together), my bedroom, and God only knows where else. I even fixed a hole in the pocket of one of my pairs of jeans with it. One of humanity's better inventions.

17. Old Republic Royalty

Old Republic Royalty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 1998
    Hope you took the duct tape off before you washed the jeans! I didn't one time and the consequences weren't pretty.
    I once made a bookshelf for my dorm with a bunch of milk crates and a roll of duct tape. I suspended in mid-air from the back of my roomate's book shelf. Oh, the essence of tacky!

18. Jay

Dec 1, 1998
    Duct Tape has got to be the greatest discovery by humanity. I know that if there are really aliens out there, and they come looking for us to kick our butts, they could never win, for we have Duct Tape. And who needs to learn to sew if you have duct tape? All holes can be patched with the almighty duct tape. And women don't have to worry about having a grey spot where there was once a hole in their colorful dress, you can get duct tape in different colors.

19. MaGnUs Darklighter

MaGnUs Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 1998
    What else can I say about DT, that I haven't said...as Howlruner quoted me..."Duct Tape is like the Force..."

20. Look_Sir_Droids

Look_Sir_Droids Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1999
    Duct tape. Need I say more?

21. Jay

Dec 1, 1998
    Let's hear it for Duct Tape. Everybody cheer the almighty Duct Tape.

Hurrah!!

22. Tiker Kotnom

Jun 27, 2000
    I kinda like velcro better . . .

23. Loopy

Loopy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 1998
    I was duct tape for Halloween once.

24. Tiker Kotnom

Jun 27, 2000
    What about velcro though?

25. Loopy

Loopy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 1998
    Velcro, velcro.
    I would have been velcro but I couldn't get it to stick to my skin.
    Duct tape is soooo much easier to use for a costume

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.