main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Duel of the Fates lyrics: any differences between ROTS and TPM or AOTC?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by CieSharp, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    AOTC Duel of the Fates (DotF henceforth) seemed to be a very short reprise, only addition made to AotC DotF was the single word "Niha" at the end, which means "loss" in Sanskrit (right before the scene when Shmi dies in Anakin's arms).

My question is, has anyone noticed any different words in the RotS DotF score? It's not on the soundtrack CD, and since we don't have a RotS DVD yet, I must ask here :)

Let me know if there's another forum to ask this, but one can no longer create topics in RotS forum it seems.

GK edit: We have a good response to your question here in the original thread. Let's use that one. :)

2. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    This is the right forum. ("Music" seems logical, does it not?)

I haven't seen any any analysis of this yet. :)

ttbk

3. CieSharp

May 18, 2002
    I saw a couple of threads about RotS music get locked, thus why I asked :)

4. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    That was for redundancy, we don't need fifty threads about the score, this is an actual specific question.(I assume; the General might feel otherwise :) )

Back on-topic, I don't know Sanskrit, but I will be going to Rots at least one time just to take notes on the music, this is one of the things I'll be looking at...

ttbk

5. CieSharp

May 18, 2002
    Great :) Check out the lyrics of the original DotF, maybe you can pick out some words, I for one had trouble since there a lot of loud sound effects from the duels when DotF RotS is playing. I'm hoping they'll put DotF RotS in some "Ultimate" soundtrack edition.

6. jadailyTCU

jadailyTCU Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    I think the RotS version of DotF has the same words, because I know most of the words from the version from TPM (just the words, not their individual meanings, though I do have the Gaelic source poem on my computer at home somewhere), and I was mostly able to sing along, very quietly to myself when watching the movie.

One thing I will say is that I thought it was a more powerful piece in accompanying the Yoda/Palpatine battle than it was in TPM. I dunno, maybe I just thought it fit better. Or maybe I just really love the piece and was overjoyed to hear it make a much more prominent comeback in RotS than it did in AotC.

7. Darth_liquid

Darth_liquid Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    i have downloaded and burned to disc revenge of the sith. and i can confirm that the duel of fates is at a slightly lower tone to that of the original and also a few words are different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.