main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Duels-Epic to Not so Epic

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DarthCrow03, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    I think you're right.

Watching it again, it's actually about the same pace as the ESB duel, but the one in Empire had more random lashing's out, making it a more romantic battle.

2. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Well here it goes:

Qui-Gon/Obi-wan vs. Maul

Fast in your face not any inch was given. I loved it the must. :)

Obi-wan vs. Maul

Again very fast and I liked how Maul got the upper hand for just a bit.

Qui-gon vs. Maul #2

See Qui-gon die was sad. :(

Vader vs. Luke in ESB

:cool: Not much else to say

Dooku vs. Anakin

I liked how there was some for shadowing there. :)

Obi-wan vs. Dooku

Obi-wan won aganist Maul but not Dooku I kind of liked that.

Vader vs. Luke ROTJ

Good fight but not long enough

Yoda vs. Dooku

Got to see Yoda fight. :cool:

Qui-gon vs. Maul #1

I like it but I just wish they would have shown more.

Vader vs. Obi-wan

Meh so so.

3. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    By Importance:

Luke Vs. Vader ROTJ...Led to The Redemption Of Anakin and the Fulfillment of the Prophecy.

Obi-Wan Vs. Anakin EIII...Speculation at this point, but basically I see this as cementing Anakin's fall to the Dark Side.

Obi-Wan Vs. Vader ANH...The Obi-Wan/Anakin saga comes full circle and pushing Luke into the limelight as the "only" hope.

Luke Vs. Vader ESB...The revelation of Luke's lineage is a turning point for him as he begins to realize why fate has chosen him.

Duel of the Fates TPM...The Sith are no longer hiding and Maul lets the Jedi know it.

Anakin Vs. Dooku AOTC...Foreshadowing of the decimation of Anakin Skywalker.

Qui-Gon Vs. Maul on Tatooine TPM...The Jedi's first hint that the Sith may be back.

Yoda Vs. Dooku AOTC...Further establishes the "Family Tree" that begins with Yoda and ends with Luke.

Obi-Wan Vs. Dooku...Kenobi was there, Dooku was there...why not.

My Favorites: (Keep in mind that I thoroughly enjoy all of the lightsaber duels)

Duel of the Fates TPM

Luke Vs. Vader ESB

Kenobi Vs. Vader ANH

Luke Vs. Vader ROTJ

Anakin Vs. Dooku AOTC

Yoda Vs. Dooku AOTC

Maul Vs. Jinn on Tatooine TPM

Obi-Wan Vs. Dooku AOTC

4. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    For me, nothign beats Luke getting medievil on Vaders metal heini in RotJ.

5. Obi-HaCoR

Obi-HaCoR Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2002
    1. Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (ROTJ)- This to me was themost important one of them all. You can feel the emotion between the two. I mean it starts off with Luke scream "AAAAAAHHHHHHHH" at the mention of his sister, and then all the gloves are off. If you watch closely, Luke has no form what so ever, it's just an all out slash feast because of the emotion riding in him. You get the feeling that as much as he held back agains this father, he knew what had to be done at the slightest mention of his sister and it certainly showed. The music score went PERFECTLY with it as well to up the antee. This marked the end of the Trilogy and would set up the final part of the Prophecy in Star Wars.

2 Obi Wan Kenobi vs. Anakin Skywalker (Ep. 3) - Even though it has not happened yet, we all know that this is the one lightsaber fight we have been wanting to see and I'm sure it is not short from amazing. This is the battle to me thats the secodn most important because it then sets up the battle in ANH. This is the breaking of the friendship and Master/Apprentice and Anakins move to the Darkside which sets the entire OT in motion. Im sure tons of emotion set to take place in this one.

3. Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (TESB) - The battle that brought forth the famous "I am your father" line that we all know and love. The cutting off of Luke Skywalkers hand which closely resembles Luke later taking off Vaders hand in ROTJ. You coudl litearlly see the fear in Luke Skywalkers eyes during the battle. He knew he was up against somethign that he was not fully prepared for yet. Battle of the Fittest.

4. Obi Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Vader (ANH) - As slow and boring as this lightsaber battle was, it holds a lot of importance. This marks the second time the two have met eachother and not only that, but Luke Skywalker witnesses the death of Ben right before his eyes. Obi Wan steps down in a way to continue the prophecy that he knows Luke will help finish off with time. A very important sacrifice by Obi Wan.

5. Qui Gon vs. Darth Maul (Tatooine, TPM) - As mny have said before this is the entrance to the Sith making themselves known again after thousands of years. This marks the official begining to the downfall of the Jedi with this one battle.

6. Qui Gon/ Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul (TPM) - The death of Qui Gon which leads to Obi Wan getting in touch with his Dark Side for a breif moment. As he moemntarily seeks revenge for his Masters death. Out of all this is the most spectacular to watch ue to the stunts, and speed from each person. This battle alone leads up to a big part of the plot. With Qui Gon gone, Obi Wan is not set to take care of Anakin and train him as best as he can.

7. Obi Wan/ Anakin Skywalker vs. Count Dooku (AOTC) - Disappointing to say the least. This is the battle that you have to believe moves Anakin closer to the Darkside. You begin to see Anakin's stubbornness, arrogance, and his inability to control his emotions where it counts. In the end he suffers a great loss, his right arm. Which in some way you have to imagine makes him bitter and angry because of his recklessness. Putting him in a Dark Side mind set later down the road.

8. Yoda vs. Count Dooku (AOTC) - Not as important as the others but it is certainly a visual feast to watch :) It finally shows what Master Yoda can doafter years of speculation as well as how truley powerful he and Dooku are in the Force. Gives you a whole new respect for the two of them. Doesn't help the plot much at all though.

6. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I've been debating over this topic myself lately. I strongly believe that Anakin vs. Obi-Wan will be THE one. My second runner up would be Yoda vs. Dooku (though Duel of the Fates was absolutely spectacular, it pumped my adrenaline even more when Yoda started fighting), Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul in third, Luke vs. Vader in ESB, and then in ROTJ. I never have liked Vader vs. Obi-Wan from ANH that much; I personally think it wasn't long enough plus ANH isn't my top favorite of the series, however this could change after Ep3 since that one crew member (I forget his name) said that it will bring tears to your eyes when Vader kills Ben.

7. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    My most favorite duels were: Luke vs. Vader, Empire Strikes Back, Qui Gon/Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul(Naboo) TPM, and Yoda vs. Count Dooku, AOTC.

8. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    1. Vader & Palpatine VS. Luke - RotJ
    2. Duel of the Fates - TPM
    3. Vader VS. Luke - ESB
    4. Obi-Wan & Anakin VS. Dooku - AotC
    5. Yoda VS. Dooku - AotC
    6. Obi-Wan VS. Vader - ANH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.