main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dumbest excuse for not seeing the PT

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by TrueJedi, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    I was watching Fox News yesterday and I heard Mort Kondracke say that he, "didn't see the last two SW films because they were bad."

How the heck would he know if he never saw them?

I wanted to slap him silly.

Anyone heard any other dumb reasons for not seeing the PT?

2. block

block Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2004
    That's gotta be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

3. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Poor old Walter has past his expiration date. This sounds like Yoga Berra.

4. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    "How the heck would he know if he never saw them?"

Word of mouth perhaps? One of his friends might of implored him not to waste his money?

5. block

block Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2004
    In that case, he would have to say something along the lines of, "I didn't see the first two, because I heard they were bad."

6. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    "That's gotta be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard."

I'm sure you've heard stupider excuses for defending the Prequels, no?

7. Obladi_Oblada

Obladi_Oblada Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2005
    I knew someone in one of my film classes who hasn't seen ANY of the Star Wars movies because, and I quote, "I don't like sci-fi." I said they're not sci-fi, they're space fantasy. "Well, I don't like those either." How can you dismiss an entire genre when you haven't seen any of the series that pretty much single-handedly defined it? And still call yourself a film student.

8. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Jedi_Learner that post is not acceptable. This baiting attitude of yours needs to stop.

9. Saora_Bin

Saora_Bin Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    I'm taking a film class this summer. I e-mailed one of the former students there and asked him what he thought of the PT. He said he hadn't seen ANY of the Star Wars because he was afraid that he would "like it too much."

I'm not sure what to think on this.

10. Avid_Prequels_Fan

Avid_Prequels_Fan Jedi Master star 2

Sep 14, 2003
    ^^ That your friend is nuts maybe? ;) [face_laugh]

11. TrueJedi

Jun 22, 2000
    It would have been a different story if he said that he heard that the films were bad but instead he says that he didn't see them because they were bad. As if this were an established fact.

12. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Leave it to Fox [face_laugh]

Fair and balenced :p

Anyway, I know a guy who hasn't seen any of the Star Wars films. I keep telling him to rent ANH, but he says that every time he's at Blockbuster he chooses a comedy over Star Wars. That's an acceptable excuse :p Anyway, one time a friend and I were talking about ROTS and he was like "That's the one where Luke turns to the dark side, right?" We just broke out laughing. :D

13. TrueJedi

Jun 22, 2000
    In all fairness to Fox, Mort is a liberal.

Anyway, one time a friend and I were talking about ROTS and he was like "That's the one where Luke turns to the dark side, right?" We just broke out laughing.

That really is funny. :)

14. Saora_Bin

Saora_Bin Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    I had a girl ask me what species Chewie was. I told her wookie, and then she said "He's so cute and furry! I'd love to hug him!" My friend in the back of the room yelled out "Yeah, then he rips your arms out of your sockets!" We laughed at her reaction: "How rude!"

She's now called Jar-Jar Jessie

15. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    I know a guy who only watched a whole star wars film last weekend when he saw AOTC on tv. His reasons for not watching star wars before then-he thought all the advanced technology was stupid , you wouldn't hear explosions or engines in space and he thought George Lucas was a moron.

16. Ker-Soth

Ker-Soth Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    I have a couple of friends that haven't watched SW (well, one friend cause I corrupted the other one..hehe). But I never heard any extravagant remarks as to why they didn't. They were just too young when the OT was out and too busy with their lives to watch the "sequels" when the PT out. And yes I told them a million times they're prequels, they just have a hard time remembering that for some reason.

The thing caught my attention was that they both thought that SW was a "big hollywood blockbuster", despite the fact that I had told them time and again that GL is an independent filmaker. In fact the one who did watch ep1-2 (how much I envy his ingorance bout ep3-6) only did so after he watched GL's interview regarding ep3, and frankly simply liked the guy and wanted to see his work.

That and some aquantances(sp?) I had from time to time has led me to the conclusion that there are in fact two sagas. The first is the one we all know and love, the other is a product of urban legend. It's a big Hollywood flick created to test the latest film technology and drain the pockets of "silly people with no personal lives", offend the higly esteemed sci-fi writters and directors in general yada yada.

Concluding, the dumbest line i've ever heard is: "Because it's only meant for morons to watch"

17. SithLord4488

SithLord4488 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    my friend said he had a piano lesson, he lied

18. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003
    I always thought the too much CGI complaint was the dumbest excuse!

19. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    I agree. CGI is not the tool of the devil, as many would lead me to believe. I like it.

20. minastirith

minastirith Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    My friend "doesn't like cinemas, there's too many people..."

21. EwohEkim

EwohEkim Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    Not seeing SW because it's Sci-fi?

That's like my coworkers calling animation 'dumb cartoons.' And they were talking to me, a guy with a BFA in animation, and they were talking about films by Hayao Miyazaki. Oh how I would have come down on them like Palpatine then. Thesepeople at work are the kind that bring their 3-5 year olds to R movies and don't respect other patrons.

22. Darth_Xcitor

Darth_Xcitor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Don't you just hate the ingorance of other people. I for one hate that these non-fans think I a dork or a geek because I like Star Wars, People need to lighten up and allow themselves to escape for a few hours and watch a movie like ANH that won 7 Oscars and was also nomiated in 1977 for Best Picture.

23. Mace_Winfield

Mace_Winfield Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    My dad loved SW when it came out, but when we saw EP1 he said he didn't want to see the rest because he thought Lucas had ruined the credibility of the OT by putting out crap like TPM,

I think he's right, but I saw AOTC and ROTS anyway and am currently rubbing ROTS in his face.

24. Darth Rayder

Darth Rayder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 1999
    "They're making prequels to Star Wars? When is that coming out?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.