main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dune / Star Wars crossover - Anybody interested ?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Lordban, Mar 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    A good lot months ago I began writing a Dune/SW crossover, planning it with several other JC members but they couldn't participate owing to circumstances and I couldn't do it alone, so I had to drop it after several chapters.

Anyone interested in trying to revive this idea ?

2. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    YAY!!! Please continue it!

I'm very sorry to say that I don't have the time to write it with you. I wish I could, I really enjoyed the start of your crossover. Please, please write more of it! :D

3. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    I'm with Julie. I'm a little pressed on time, but I will definately read! :)

4. Muadibe_D12

Muadibe_D12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2001
    well sure why not if your around the MA area i'll help any fan film maker in any way possible

5. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Wow, so many old stories are being resurrected lately. Glad to see this idea's one of them. :)

I'd be interested in helping out some-- I'd be able to write a little bit, though not a whole lot. I still kept the old planning forum for this story open, in case something like this ever happened and we needed to look back there for something. I'm glad I did. :)

6. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Hey, good to see you A21 ! :)
    I've made a quick post on the planning board, and I guess I'm right in thinking anybody interested can join.
    Anyways if needs be I can post a quick summary of the stuff that already exists and of where I intended to go - this needs a good discussion.

7. Gonk

Gonk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 1998
    I'll do it! But I'd like to offer many of my own ideas: like for instance utilizing a lot more of the DUNE houses, using the new prequel books not as set in stone, but as a guide to how the system works (i.e: House Ginaz actually produces the finest fighters in the Dune universe, but only so many).

8. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    You're welcome Gonk ! :)
    I'll be posting the material I've been using so far on the planning board mentioned above on Monday or Tuesday and yes, I didn't pay enough attention to the other Dune Houses (the plot bunny I've been using was already quite tough, it'll need a little filtering)

9. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Uppers, and I've just posted a bit of material on the planning board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.