main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC Dungeons & Dragons Game Play at Monstore

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dravidius

Dravidius Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2008
    Jenny and I will be getting to the Monstore at 4 or 4:30pm to get set up and to make the last player's character. I can't remember his name but he came with Tim, the guy sitting to my left as we played. If you want to get there then you can, but We probably won't start until around 5 or 5:30pm at the earliest if every one is there, The reason she said to get any changes in by 2pm is because she will be coming to my place to get our stuff together and I don't have a printer to make any changes with. Hopefully that problem will be fixed on the day after Thanksgiving, or "Black Friday" as we called it at Best Buy. As far as a familiar goes, right now no. I imagine they will come out with a write up for that either in an upcoming issue of Dragon magazine, or in the future Arcane Powers book to be released next year. See you Sunday. and give us a call if you have any questions.

2. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    J&J

THANK YOU.

It settled - we know the time and were ready to let the fun begin! THANK YOU SO MUCH! If there is anything else needed by any of our characters - uhm - I mean players - let us know.

Rip

3. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    Hey all I wanted to let you know to check my facebook page if you have one. I am friends with the Monstore's face book, and so is Jenni.

4. Maha_Panta

Maha_Panta Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2008
    This is JR, I'll be playing the Warforged Barbarian.

5. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Welcome JR

6. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    Thanks, did I meat you last Sunday. How was I the last one (besides my friend Tim who doesn't have internet) to hear about his forum. Hey everyone else too.

7. funshinespy

funshinespy Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2008
    What the Dm doesn't take into consideration when he says his job is to kill my character is the following:

1 - Who will then be his assistant and help him set things up,
    2 - Who will bring goodies to the adventure for all the characters to enjoy, and
    3 - Who will then be his best friend...for it surely would not be me any longer.

LOL! Just kiding...BFF!

See everyone Sunday!
    Jenni

8. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    Jenni! How have you been? I do cook, when I can afford the ingredients...

9. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    Has anyone printed out the Barbarian information? I don't have a working printer.

10. funshinespy

Nov 11, 2008
    Jason and I have the barbarian info taken care of...no worries there. If you want me to, I can build you a character and then you can make changes if you want to. Just let me know...

Check your email JR also...I sent a reply to your questions.

----------
    Is everyone ok with brownies on Sunday???

Huggles
    Jenni

11. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    Yeah, I already replied. I want to build him Sunday. But if we talk about in advance, we'll have more free time Sunday. Plus someone may come up with a suggestion.

Sure! What kind of brownies? Hopefully not the ones also known as Bodachan.

Thanks again,
    JR

12. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    Is anyone at the Monstore?

13. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    JR, feel free to call me today this afternoon. post any questions you have here and I will answer them. IF not we will work it out at four tomorrow.

edit: removed personal information at request of CR

14. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes JR we met - I (Randy-RipRoar) was the wizard and also the Salisbury chapter rep for this web site. My son (Josh-DarthPhanix) was the cleric, our friend the Rogue(Matt) and the guy who came late (Mark). We have one or two others who may or may not show up from time to time too that play D&D. The rest of our fan force group are into other things - especially costuming and prop making for all things star wars but also Halloween (My family wins the downtown festival almost every year and get into the paper for it - this year was no exception) as well as Ren fair etc...

Had fun last week and looking forward to this weeks adventure! Jsquare (Jeni and Jason - J^2 for short) have been doing a great job in responses to questions and forming our characters ahead of time so we have more time to actually play - hope you do too.

J^2 - do we need to rotate when someone will bring snacks so the burden does not fall all on your shoulders? Let us know...

15. funshinespy

Nov 11, 2008
    A few things...

1 - I LOVE THE NICKNAME! Jsquare. LOL! Awesome!

2 - I will not be there next Sunday as my best friend from age 3 is getting married in Florida. So...that means someone else must bring snacks (or not...snacks are not required as far as I know). It also means that there is an opening next week for a person to play. Just as long as that person doesn't get too comfy in my spot...I will be back the follwing week.

3 - We just got word that they need us to finish up by 8pm tomorrow night. So that means we either need to start at 5 instead of 6 or we will need to move the game to another location to finish up. Jason did mention that we could finish up an encounter the next week if needed but it really is best to end an encounter so nobody forgets where we are in the game. It would be easier for us to either start early, or move the game to finish it rather than wait another week.

So...can everyone be there ready to start playing by 5pm? Let me know ASAP so we can make arrangements.

See you all tomorrow!
    Jenni (the better half of Jsquare)

16. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    We can be there at 4 PM to 5 PM to start!

Rip
    J
    Matt
    Mark

17. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    Tonight was great!

J^2 did you get everyone's RPGA card? I don't remember if I filled one out. Reply with the questions if I haven't. I don't mind answering them on the board.

I can drop my the Monstore after 4 on Monday, but I am defently going to be there Wendesday from noon untill I see what new D&D stock they get.

Your friendly intimindating Warforged Barbarian,
    JR

18. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Maha - you don't have to post your personal data for all to see. This site allows for a private message system. There is a "PM" in the lower right of all messages posted. Select the PM on the post of the person you want to message privately to and a new screen will come up for your message. Just make sure you fill in a subject. Please NOTE to ALL - strict guidelines for language etc. also carry over to PM's.

Keep posting...

The adventure was great! I will continue to add sections to this board for our group's use. You also can start your own topics (As long as they follow the rules) related to our play, star wars or other social events in the area. Invite your friends to check us out as well. If you have any questions - don't hesitate to ask me (RipRoar on here - Dalamar "The Shifter" Wizard in the Game) the chapter rep.

19. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    Jenni and I will be posting treasure information and also what xp you gained on the board tonight and tomorrow so be on the look out. I will let you all know what the next game is called by Wednesday. Please be aware that I will be instituting a 10-15sec declaration period on each persons turn. What that means is you have 10-15 seconds to tell me what you do, or I will pass you by and you delay. I will also have a new rogue for our resident thief to play, probably a genasi watersoul or something like that. I have class until 8 or 8:30pm tonight so Don't expect much until 9ish. Jenni is taking the DM test tonight as well in case I cannot be at a game for some reason. See you all later.

20. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Awesome! Matt will be very pleased about the new thief (Rogue)! The jumpier and stealthier he is the better. The 10-15 second rule is a must right now to get ALL of us thinking ahead and ready for next turn in combat. I totally agree.

Thanks again!

Are we still in the same town with our adventurer's and just continuing on or something totally brand new? Doesn't matter but story telling is something I love and if part of a greater campaign then that's even better...

Either way - I'm sure you will make it fun!

21. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    RipRoar, I looked over the RPGA card, but I don't think I got to fill one out.

The personal data wasn't too personal. I think name, date of birth, gender? If anyone here doesn't already know my gender is male, I have a problem.

Dravidius, did you get my RPGA card? If not I was born Jan 15th 1986, name JR Tyner, and the rest of the data should match Tim Will's , as I stay at his house half the week.

I plan on shopping at the Monstore on Wendesday if anyone wants to talk privatly.

22. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Maha,

Just trying to look out for you - I know someone that could get a lot of information from just the little you provided online for all to see (Remember this is the Salisbury forum but access is granted to the world). Your choice - just wanting to help out a new friend.

Anyway - hope you had a great time - looking forward to Sunday again.

23. matthewuzimake

matthewuzimake Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2008
    ok on my new guy i want him to be realy acrobatic and athletic and stelthy if you have any control over that thats what i would like

24. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    This is actually Jenni, not Jason. We made the new Rogue...woohoo. I like him, hope you do too. We also did XP and treasure and whatnot. Are you ready for the goodies??? NOT MY GOODIES!

Everyone gets 400 XP and 75 gold to add to what you started with...look on the last page of your character sheet for how much gold you started with. Matt sorry...becuase you want a new character, you don't get anything towards the new one...but your dragonborn gets those goodies.

Now...for weapon treasure:

Rogue (Dragonborn) - +1 Lightning Shortsword
    Wizard - Potion of Healing - you can find info on that in the PHB
    Cleric - +1 Holy Symbol of Battle
    Barbarian - +1 Shield of Protection
    Swordmage - +1 Lightning Longsword
    Warlock - +1 Pact Blade

-----
    As far as you DCI Member IDS go...still working on getting those registered...may have to call customer service on the morrow.

Alrighty...I will miss you all next week. Please try not to have too much fun without me. Don't let the dirty dwarfs kill anyone...or the dirty DM for that matter. ;)

Huggles,
    Jenni (the better half of jsquare)

25. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    I need to talk to atleast part of J^2.

Email is not an option. I have to break an arm just to get on here. My laptop's screen is cracked, the fan is I don't know just not cooling it anymore, and the battery is dying and no longer holding a full charge. Then my internet connection is unstable, and even when it is working, I am getting some emails up to three days after they were sent.

Maybe I can meet one of you Wendesday. It's this seconds rule, it adds too much stress to the game when playing a playtest character. Maybe we can switch Barbarian to Fighter, so I can use the character builder and get those squares with everything filled in. There are errors on my character sheet. For example, all of my intimidate rolls where 2 under since my racial mods to skills where left off. What are my options here? I can drop by the monstore Wendesday after picking up some Naga peppers, also known as spirit, ghost, or death peppers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.