main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC Dungeons & Dragons Game Play at Monstore

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthewuzimake

matthewuzimake Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2008
    i vote for my self lol

2. Dravidius

Dravidius Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2008
    Well done Rogue.

3. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    I officially vote for Jeni

4. Maha_Panta

Maha_Panta Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2008
    I just wanted to wish everyone good luck on this Sunday's home brew game.

5. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Sunday's players will be the Warlock, Rogue (New one - Gurth Brooks) that need to make up xp. The swordmage and wizard are caught up but willing to play their own characters (Neither of us wants to play someone else's character - but could create a new one just for the sake of the game - a Half Elf Ranger(for our sword mage) and Human or Elf Palladin (RipRoar).

The fighter and cleric will be absent for a prior commitment (Our fighter will need to make up another time unless someone else wants to play his character outside of our group). Mark our substitute Rogue will make a new character for this game - see below:

Any help by J^2 in creating Mark's player to be a Rogue (Halfling - that's funny - tallest guy in place wants to play the smallest of us all). Mark likes the thievery/acrobatic skills of a Kender the most like Tas if you know the books. He will play whatever you create - especially if it's similar to Matt's Rogue in abilities but halfling.

I know that the other guy who has watched on several occasions wants to make a character too but I don't know specifics (May bring along a extra character sheet for him to fill out).

Anyway - looking forward to our new game.

6. funshinespy

funshinespy Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2008
    If you all really want to nominate me, I have no problem with it. I would of course always ask the advice of the others in the group. If not me, I would say Dalamar....if for no other reason than we are a lot alike. LOL!

As for the make up game...according to what our DM stated earlier on this message board, I don't think anyon CAN play the Fighter for Maha/JR...he said it was kinda like cheating the system. Being behind a couple hundred XP points isn't that big of a deal really.

I can be there at 4 to help make characters with people...but they wouldnt have power cards. So...just let me know.

Thanks
    Jenni

7. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    Not quite, this is what he said:

I agree. The make up game is for people who had to remake their character or joined late. There is at least 3/4 people that fall into one of those groups. It wasn't because we couldn't make the game. Also...

I think that's fair. It's not like anyone will get an unfair advantage. Especially since they'll be no magic items. It's a long post, so I won't quote the whole thing. It looks like Jason really spent some time thinking it out to keep the game fair.

8. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    We will vote when we get there - but you have my vote J^2! Can I be your VP - I'm sure I can get 3-4 votes depending on if both Rogues count?... LOL

9. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    What about the people who can't make it?

As I said before, I don't know if we even need a leader, but if that's what the group wants, that's fine. But I feel having a VP is pushing it.

10. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    In the interests of fairness, openness, and team play, I will no longer be reading or responding to Private Messages. This way everything that is said has witnesses and no one can claim to be misquoted or misunderstood. This way everyone can feel welcome and enjoy the boards without negative remarks and with equal and unbiased access to opinions.

Since I do not have permission to share my PM's from here or elsewhere, I am doing this to protect myself.

11. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    I am really struggling with this idea of people playing the characters of others. As I have said all along I feel like it is cheating the system. If you cannot make it to a con to play your character you don't gain any benefits of playing the character i.e. experience points and such. Perhaps I was wrong in my decision about saying it would be ok. That is my fault, and I apologize. Many times I am pressed for a decision and give a quick answer in order to keep play moving and then think about it later and have to say "no I was wrong." Which I am doing now. I also realize that most of the time I try to be too accommodating to my players because I want them to have fun. I tend to not mind circumventing the rules on occasion in order for the fun and balance of the game to be maintained. But that needs to stop in some cases, esp. when we play at the monstore, because in many ways that is not my game, but LFR and it needs to be standardized. So from this point on NO ONE MAY PLAY AS ANYONE'S CHARACTER
    OTHER THAN THEIR OWN. If this upsets you horribly I invite you to speak to me about it so that I may explain my reasons to you. If this was a Home brew game then I would say no problem, because character tracking is not important.

12. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    OK, I thought you'd decided to play a HomeBrew game Sunday. That's fine if that's your idea. I just want to discuss this topic in a constructive way. And I want to make sure I completely understand.

Personally, I was looking at it from the perspective of doing a HomeBrew game at a retail location. Which I get from the rules as being different than missing a convention game. Especially since you've never played with that party before and will likely never play with them again.

So you decided to not do the HomeBrew game this Sunday where the only benefits will be so few XP points that it ?isn't that big of a deal?? Or are you saying you're not doing it again after this Sunday? The ?So from this point on...? part I want to be clear about. I'm not trying to correct anything, I just don't want to misunderstand what you meant by that because it could mean from this day on or from this game on.

13. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    I agree that playing others characters that are sanctioned for LFR is not honest and apologize for asking to have our stand in Rogue play (The best case would be for him to have his own and play weekly but we do not have enough seats available). He understands this and that's why he would create a new character on Sunday to play for himself and play when opportunity presents itself. Now as far as a homebrew game on Sunday - I understood that to mean a homemade makeup game for sanctioned players and possible new players so some could gain xp but would not be within our current adventure campaign so we could move our 6 main players into the campaign that requires higher level players.

Our DM did say he would allow others to play absentee players characters (At my initial misguided request) but to be fair has since changed his mind rightfully so. Some characters will simply be slightly behind in xp or treasure.

All is well.

14. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    PM - info all users need to be reminded of since this topic has come up:

PM's are just that - they are private property of both parties involved and can not be shared per board rules of conduct without written permission from both parties. PM's are a great way to get to know friends more, talk about off-topic subjects and deal constructively with differences of opinion so as not to disrupt a board - also gives receiver the chance to ignore if he or she so chooses. All other rules apply - see rules of the JC and harassment policy in menus above on this board.

Let's all have fun now

15. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    D&D - I propose that we take a vote on Sunday for leader of our group. The vote should only count if a majority of the 6 original sanctioned players is present and a clear winner is elected. If the results are anything less than 4-2 or say 4-0 (Should people be missing) then we will wait for a re-vote or new majority of members is present to change the vote. This way if there are one or two people missing their votes would count or not change anything if different with a majority.

I also suggest that yes - we do have a VP in case the leader is absent from game play on any given week or if incapacitated during encounters, so there is order without having to spend time arguing who speaks for the group during a game session.

I am officially nominating Jeni's character as our leader.
    I would also like to officially nominate myself as VP.

VOTE for Leader (P) and 2nd (VP separately - 2 votes on Sunday
    ONLY Active party members can vote - Sorry anyone not considered part of original 6 players
    DM to collect votes on Sunday
    PM voting will be allowed to DM to be fair (1 vote for each position only per person before Sunday)

An example of the voting so all are clear below that it would be fair even if members are absent:
    6 people show up
    1) 4 person majority vote wins (That way a consensus is achieved - obviously a 6-0 would be best but we do have a Rogue in the group - LOL Matt)
    2) No one absent - obvious results

5 people show up
    1) 4 person majority vote wins
    2) Absent 1 player vote would not be enough to change anything

4 people show up
    1) 4 person majority vote wins
    2) Absent 2 players votes would not be enough for a second person to win anything

Our group needs this in light of recent adventure. Our characters still retain individual decision making but to continue moving forward for all a spokesperson is needed.

16. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    Both Tim and I vote for Jenni as leader and Tim (our cleric) as VP. He is the one the party relied on in Jenni's absence, and he didn't try to take the stolen items from the last game. Do you know how much trouble you could have gotten the party in?

17. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    So that's at least 4 votes for Jeni that I know of if she does not vote for herself (I suggest she does). But we will do it properly in person. YEAH - she will be great! Now onto the VP.

I figure I have at least two in the hat if not 4 already from what I know but again - we will make official on Sunday w/ actual vote!

LOL - that's funny about getting the party in trouble w/ stolen items since the letter was addressed to me and I did not have to share any items on the list with anyone wether I intended wrong doing or not, however -
    To the point that I could have gotten the party in trouble by keeping any stolen items - that was an inside joke (game humor to drive the Rogue crazy because he is always trying to get stuff including his own party of friends). I recall reading the rest of the list pretty quickly (And besides this played right into what everyone in our party already knows about my character and his alignment). For all the party knew - part of my favor to the man who requested I go to Waterdeep and retrieve these items may have been at the expense of one of these items I was to keep for myself and I did not wish to let everyone in on my prize. Things are not always as they seem - just ask the Rogue...

I'll have to check though with the DM if I can return the magic items, potions and gold from our share of the treasure from each adventure since they technically are stolen from the enemy and their friends or family may want them back so our party is not put in danger [Joke - please laugh - nothing written here is serious or personal]

Honestly, though we can joke and creatively jab back and forth about the game all day long I don't mind and don't want anyone to leave the game at this point - it's fun and harmless as long as it's not personal and everyone is allowed to express their opinion even if we don't agree with what they are saying.

18. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    If you were joking, why did you ask the DM if you could do it? Then when I asked if a tied individual still needed an intimidate check, you went off. Not to mention the baiting you were doing on the Wizards message board is considered harassment. You go too far with things.

Tim's Edit:
    It's not a joke if the party doesn't get it. Also if it was a joke, why did you wait till now to say anything. Either way, "I did not wish to let everyone in on my prize." is not a leader mentality.

19. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Maha - I have now chosen to no longer play D&D with you so there is no further conflict or need to post here about it. I will not have my son the sword mage play in an hostile environment either where differences of opinion with one member are constantly corrected especially since this is just a game for fun. His friend the Rogue and cousin are free to make up their own minds but since one or both get rides from me - they will have to do so without my help unfortunately. As far as other boards - what I posted - I stand by my posts in defense of what was written about our DM, DM rules, Cleric, Rogue and party in general but in taking the high road have removed all postings responding to your comments about our group yesterday on the other board in hopes of salvaging any chance of continued play with you - obviously that just doesn't seem possible now.

Differences of opinion on the topic at hand in each heading are welcome on this board but baiting, flamming, constantly correcting others or harassment of any sort will not be tolerated from this point forward - I agree to disagree with you and wish you luck in your D&D adventures. Please do not refer to me, my user names here or elsewhere or contact me or my family in any way by any means any further - I do not wish to speak to you any further (See Harassment rules elsewhere on these boards).

20. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    If anyone is interested in playing in a new group (Of which this D&D thread will now be dedicated too for active members) please let me know privately. Sundays are still good but so are other options and locations if the Monstore space is still in use by my former party. Monstore has been fantastic and I encourage all to shop there for their D&D and comic needs.

21. Tim_Will

Tim_Will Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2008
    Riproar,

You are being hypocritical. You attack Maha for quoting you, then you go and quote him! You tell him to drop it when YOU keep bringing it up! When he asks you to drop it, you bait him!

Also, Maha asked you, politely, to drop the whole thing. You then kept on replying. He was trying to end it by having the thread move on and drop out of sight. YOU kept dredging it back up. And then you resorted to insults, which is why your posts were deleted for harassment.

As for a hostile gaming environment, the only hostility was towards myself and Maha. Every time either of us made a suggestion, it was shot down or belittled.

Phredde

22. funshinespy

funshinespy Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2008
    Enough is enough.

As "PRESIDENT ELECT" of this group I am putting a moritorium on this conversation until the DM can look things over and decide what to do. It might come down to instead of playing next Sunday, we have a meeting all together and discuss what needs to be done.

Until the DM posts something here, there will be no more discussion about who doesn't want to play with whom anymore, no more accusations about people who don't play right, no more personal attacks.

From now on...until this situation is solved...we will only talk about the actual game on here. If you have questions about your character, the adventure coming up, etc. If you have nothing to say on here about the current campaign or your character, then I guess you have nothing to say at all.

Once Jason has posted about what we are going to do about this situation, then a discussion about that can resume.

Thanks for your time,
    Madam President Jenni

23. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Tim,

I will not be baited into an argument with you, Maha or any other accounts he created for the sole purpose of attacking me for deciding to no longer play D&D with him because he and I simply can not see eye to eye on a silly game. If this is Tim, you stated clearly that you did NOT have internet and have not posted to date on these boards other than right now and to what purpose - to attack me and continue the dispute thus not dropping it (I have never belittled you and you know it - saying the obvious in a game that your character didn't heal my character and that I would remember it was obvious game play to all sitting at table).

Most of the other board postings were removed yesterday from both Maha and I. Since then I tried to make the best of things to agree to disagree and possibly play forward but personal jabs at me will no longer be tolerated by any account Maha has access too. I will continue to record IP #'s and check on sock accounts if needed.

Your post serves no purpose other than further conflict. I wish Maha and you well and hold no ill feeling either way - I simply realized I could no longer enjoy playing in this situation - that does not stop you, him or anyone else from continuing. Good luck, Good day.

If I offended in any way unknown to me - it was not on purpose and I ask for forgiveness and so grant it back.

24. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    What are the limits on 2nd level feats?

Edit: Jenni, I just wanted to let you know that when I am at Tim's I do let him use my laptop because the screen is messed up, and he let's me hook his monitor to it. It's like having a big screen laptop, it's not mobile, but it is fun:p

25. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    Reply to issues and decisions forthcoming, hanging out at home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.