main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC Dungeons & Dragons Game Play at Monstore

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim_Will

Tim_Will Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2008
    Could you elaborate? JR asked about the 2nd level feats. He thinks those are only utility feats.

2. matthewuzimake

matthewuzimake Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2008
    moritorium is a big word lol

3. funshinespy

funshinespy Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2008
    Everytime you get to take a new feat, you just need to look at all the feats available to you and choose one. Some of them require you to be a certain race or class, some require certain amounts of skill points...while some require nothing to take. You really need to look through them and decide what you want.

On a personal note...early on...like level 2...I usually take something that just helps me. Like Improved Initiative which simply gives you a +4 to you Initiative rolls. There is also toughness, which gives you a +5 to hit point at every tier...so you get it 3 times. There is armor proficiency and weapon proficiency.

If you want me to, I can look through them and tell you what I would take if I were playing your character. Just post on here the following information:
    race
    class
    ability scores
    what skills you are trained in

Hope I can help.
    Prez. Jenni and the best half of J^2

4. Maha_Panta

Maha_Panta Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2008
    Improved Initiative seems good since I found out Fighters are pimary defenders / secondary strikers.

race: Earthsiul Genasi
    class: Fighter

Jason has my sheets so I can't tell you the following:
    ability scores
    what skills you are trained in

You're always helpful! [face_coffee]

5. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    What time Sunday is our group getting together J^2 - I didn't ask when I saw you?

6. funshinespy

Nov 11, 2008
    I am pretty sure we are meeting at the normal time. I mean, Jason and I will probably get there around 4 as usual. If everyone that is coming gets there by 5, we can start early...thats NEVER a problem. LOL!

7. Dravidius

Dravidius Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2008
    Ok, after thinking about and brooding on the issues of the last couple of days both here on this board and on another board, I have come to several decisions, non of which will make everyone happy.

1) I will not stop playing on Sunday's at the Monstore it is good for me, the store and the players. BTW anyone interested in the Dragonomican can get it at the store.

2)There is too much infighting in our group for it to continue. I was going to handle this privately but since it has become a group issue on these boards i will deal with it as such. Maha, you take anything anyone say in a negative or personal way. I don't know why, nor do I particularly care why. When someone suggests you use something other than intimidate you take it personally, when I say to the group that there is going to be a 15 second rule you take it personally and then go to other boards and stretch the truth about me, notice I did not say lie. I basically bent over backwards for you trying to get you a character that you could play, going so far as to printing out the information on the Warforged and the barbarian for you. And you act like everyone is against you, when from the first night I have been one of your loudest voices on your behalf, and you know what I mean. We are still going to be playing at the store but for now you are no longer welcome at our table. If we are there playing please do not come back there and interrupt or cause a problem. Allow those people there to play and have fun to do that. I wish you well on your future adventures.

3) Phredde: You are still welcome at the table, but I don't want to hear any further mention of this event. I want to move on and have a good time. If you don't think you can do that then you are of course free to leave and find another game somewhere, with my best wishes.

4) I am glad we are not playing Vampire:The Masquerade or something like that because this group would kill each other!

5) The Sunday game is on Schedule to be run at the store. I will be there between 4 and 5pm to get set up and read through it once more.

If I did not speak to some issue that you deem important then I apologize, I can only speak to what I have witnessed myself and been a part of myself.I hope that we can all get past this and game together from here on out. This is the first last and only time I will say anything on this matter. farewell

8. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    I never said anything about you in that thread. If fact it was about my first character, and the topic changed when I remade my character. This is the internet, go to any of the "Is 4E D&D" threads, you have to take what you read with a grain of salt.

9. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Everyone is free to continue posting under this thread including you Maha / Tim_Will(No hard feelings what-so-ever) so long everyone is discussing D&D, D&D games, adventures and or rules, etc. As discussed previously by others including myself (The Chapter Rep), this conflict is now CLOSED and no further discussion will be allowed on these boards (Serves no purpose other than baiting, flaming, and harassment and will be considered as such with appropriate action taken if needed).

Everyone - Enjoy the boards and stay on topic. NOTE: See thread below for further clarification of Salisbury Fan Force Rules Addendum

http://boards.theforce.net/salisbury_nc/b10797/29549666/p1/?1

Note: ALL NEW THREADS to be started by users need approval first by the Chapter Rep (RipRoar) or his officers. A PM to RipRoar or a request under the general thread

http://boards.theforce.net/salisbury_nc/b10797/27654537/p1/?34

is the appropriate place to ask if you can start a new thread and a brief description of the topic at hand - THANK YOU

10. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    J^2,

Mark (Our fill-in Rogue) changed his mind about the new rogue character - he wants to create a Wind Geanassi Ranger to play tomorrow. He is interested in the two weapons (swords) attacks and bow. Is there any way to create this guy on the beta system before game? Otherwise, we will make when we get there 4-5 pm.

11. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually - nevermind - I used the Beta Character myself and created a legal character for him. Thank you!

12. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    Sweet I am glad it worked out for you Rip. Let us know if you have any questions.

13. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm on my way out to church but the actual character sheet printout does not list all skills - bug to report. I wrote them down from the worksheet within so he will be good! One question - if the cleric decides not to play - can someone play a cleric too? Is this allowed?

If not - we will make do.

Can't wait!

14. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    If we have no cleric, I am sure the Warlock and give out a heal with her inspiring word. We may have a paladin.

15. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Awesome - she just has all sorts of powers...

16. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    Crazy multiclassing Drow!!!!

17. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    I'd never say that out loud. [face_whistling]

How was tonight's game?

18. funshinespy

Nov 11, 2008
    Tonight went well everyone. Good job working together. Dear new Ranger...I am very sorry that you died. But at least SOME of us feel enough for you to pay for the ritual. Not pointing fingers or anything, but should the Rogue need the ritual...maybe you shouldn't pay to help him out...since he didn't help you. Just saying. LOL!

Really good job everyone, those were some very tough encounters.

Glad you all like the cookies.

See you next time...remember...we play Saturday nights now instead of Sunday...to help out the Monstore. So...see you Saturday night.

Huggles,
    Prez. Jenni

19. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    Isn't that a level 8 ritual?

20. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    Good job Thoradin the Paladin! Welcome to the group and glad to have you. as for your question maha the party can pay to have it cast back in town. they do not need to know it themselves.

21. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    Oh, I know that from previous editions. I was just saying it must have been expencive. I also don't have my own Player's Handbook to check that yet.

22. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes, great teamwork last night and other than the Ranger getting killed - he did a great job and his character certainly helped (Twin Strike rocks). As to the Rogue - one of these days when he purposely JUMPS into aan unknown disc with magical energy swirling around he will get killed and maybe we will take ALL his possessions first - sell them - leave him in undergarments and then REVIVE him - LOL (Matt you know I am kidding). Truly playing your Rogue like a Rogue - good job (Mark would say different since you are the wonder twins).

LOL

Great job all Thank you J^2 as usual for great game and snakcs - Thank you Jeff for setting up/assisting!

And yes, Welcome Palladin - you rocked too!

23. Maha_Panta

Nov 14, 2008
    I played this chaotic neutral character in a party of four. We came to a split in the road, and the ranger suggested we split up and scout each path, then meet back at the fork. The Paladin and I were ambushed, and he died from some poison on the way back. I took his money, and hid it with mine. The DM had split the players into two different rooms, and sent the Paladin to a third room when he died. This way the players couldn't share information when their characters weren't together as this would be cheating, so no one knew I was lying when I said we were robbed on the way back. They believed me because if you're half dead, dragging your dead Paladin to relative safety, and someone jumps you and says ?Give me all your money and I'll leave you alone.?, you tend to comply. So I told the party I'd been saving some gold in my room at the inn. We got back to town, I hid all the money except what was needed to revive him. And then after paying to raise him from the dead with his own coin, I charged him interest.

24. matthewuzimake

matthewuzimake Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2008
    thats not cool stealing from your own people

25. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    LOL - you steal from us all the time you little Rogue! JK, Although - you jumping into the disc was scary but awesome - Played it like a true Kender would have played it - jump in to see what's there or what it would do all in the glory for gold or treasure! You go Rogue!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.