main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Durge's droids

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AAMD11, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Did you guys notice that in Episode 4 the droids that fight along with Durge are IG-88 droid look alikes.

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yes. And did you notice that those IG-88 bike rider droids are from the Inter Galactic Banking Clan?

So, yes, obviously the IG-88 droids in the OT were made by the Inter Galactic Banking Clan. :)

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Yep. This has been pointed out in the official thread for Episode 4

4. Celticsfan

Celticsfan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    "Yes. And did you notice that those IG-88 bike rider droids are from the Inter Galactic Banking Clan?

So, yes, obviously the IG-88 droids in the OT were made by the Inter Galactic Banking Clan."

Holy schmoley!

I can't believe that I didn't pick up on that until just now after reading your post. That's awesome.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, yes, obviously the IG-88 droids in the OT were made by the Inter Galactic Banking Clan.

That's a patently false statement. They were created by an underground division of the Empire, though certainly they could be based upon original IG droid prototypes...

6. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Pffft. Whatever dude.

I see IG Banking Clan droids that look like IG-88 droids from the OT and have that same "IG" in their name.

They're the same to me. I don't care what some 3rd rate comic book from 10 years ago says. :p

7. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    There's a story about them being created.

8. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    You're saying one EU thing is more accurate than the other dude.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. Those IG droids are not of the 88 model but they are of the IG series. Look at the official site.

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "You're saying one EU thing is more accurate than the other dude."

No, I didn't. I carefully, purposefully avoided saying that.

I said that *I* don't care what some other comic book or something says and that to *me* they're the same droids.

Personal opinion, dear friend. :D

10. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    They also have conical heads. And it's not artistic interpretation. They did have an IG droid that looked identical to the one in ESB, head and everything. That was in the concept art.

But they went with IGs with cone heads. So i dun think they're meant to be the same, but definitely of the same series.

11. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I noticed that too and thougt it was quite interesting. It makes me wonder if anything will be revealed about them.

12. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Other than the fact that they're uber powerful wardroids?

13. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Listen to the chapter commentary. He says that the IG Lancers are predecesers of the IG-88 type.

!snap

14. AAMD11

Jun 13, 2002
    uh oh have I started something here!?!?!?!

15. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Listen to the chapter commentary. He says that the IG Lancers are predecesers of the IG-88 type.
    Well there you have it, documented avidence that the IG Lancer droids are in deed a link (at least in some part) to IG-88 from ESB and EU.

They were created by an underground division of the Empire
    Is it not reasonable to consider that the Intergalactic Banking Clan would be one of the many assets seized by the Empire (possibly following their defeat in the Clone Wars) and it "just happens" that they continue to develop the IG droids as assassin droids? It's no secret (to us as the audience) that both sides of the CLONE WARS are developing technologies that will be used to create the Empire. I think this was a fantastic way of blending some of the minor details from OT...into the CLONE WARS era.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Is it not reasonable to consider that the Intergalactic Banking Clan would be one of the many assets seized by the Empire (possibly following their defeat in the Clone Wars) and it "just happens" that they continue to develop the IG droids as assassin droids? It's no secret (to us as the audience) that both sides of the CLONE WARS are developing technologies that will be used to create the Empire. I think this was a fantastic way of blending some of the minor details from OT...into the CLONE WARS era.

Exactly. Which is what I said above: "though certainly they could be based upon original IG droid prototypes..."

The Banking Clan wasn't around in the OT-era that we're aware of, so the statement "The Banking Clan created the IG-88 series droids!" is false. And we already know they were created by the Empire, so it stands to reason that they simply modified the Banking Clan original design.

17. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Yeah Loruss (the woman who headed the IG droid project) was probably influenced by the IG banking clan droids. Wanted to give them that retro look maybe! It doesn't strictly have to be either or, the two sources can kind of mold together.

18. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Yea they do look kind of look like I-G88 droids.

19. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    I was wondering where I saw those IG-88 droids before and then realized that there was a IG-88 assassin droid in ESB and now I figured that the banking clan made them.Cool. :)

20. Ryloth_bounty_hunter

Ryloth_bounty_hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2003
    Yes. And did you notice that those IG-88 bike rider droids are from the Inter Galactic Banking Clan?

So, yes, obviously the IG-88 droids in the OT were made by the Inter Galactic Banking Clan

oh ok, I was wondering if they were IG-88 droids and if there was some connection to the IGBC. I thought it was just a coincidence, but I guess I was right. :)

21. Jedi-Colonel13

Jedi-Colonel13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2003
    Can anyone post comparative pics?

22. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/ig88/img/movie_bg.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/iglancer/img/eu_bg.jpg]

23. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    The Banking Clan was destroyed by the end of the Clone Wars, but the blueprints for the IGs probably survived until whatever Imperial-run company used them to make IG-88.

24. AAMD11

Jun 13, 2002
    I think they are the same droid type!

25. OwenSkywalker3

OwenSkywalker3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    I agree.

So there.

Wood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.