main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Duty - Obi Wan AU - Completed 20 Oct. Thank you from the author!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sabe126, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    FAB - Waiting with baited breath - loved the visual of the door's closing behind Mia at the end of that post!

Thanks! You won't have to wait too long, next post coming up!

I'll be upset when it's over - I've enjoyed these characters so much

Awww thanks! :)

TJ - ooo... nice post... what's next what's next?

Thanks, this is next...

I've added another instalment and I should be able to post twice a day until the end of the story, so it should end over the weekend.

Disclaimer: See main disclaimer in the Prologue.
    Lyrics from ?The Show Must Go On? by Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon

Chapter 14 ? Coruscant
    Part 2 ? The Trial

?The Show Must Go On.?

?I don?t think I can bear this. I love you too much.?

Mia crossed the room and took his hands. ?No tears, we will be together. I promise.?

?I know.?

She looked into his eyes.

?I thought we said no tears,? he touched her cheek. Their lips met for one final goodbye kiss.

?I love you?, she whispered.

They stood looking at one another until the doors opened and Sabé appeared.

?I have to go.?

-----------------------------------------------------

Mia looked at her reflection, Queen Amidala stared back. All the preparations had kept her calm and now she focused on fulfilling her mission. Rabé finished her hair; she was glad that she did not have to wear a heavy headdress. Once they were inside she would hand over to Padmé.

?Thank you Rabé.?

Rabé gave her hand a squeeze. ?Good luck.?

?You too.?

Rabé left the cabin, leaving her alone. Mia put her lightsaber in a hidden pocket in the folds of her gown. She would only use it as a last resort but it was comforting to know that she could defend herself and the others if need be. Her blaster went in the pocket of her cloak, she took one last look round the cabin, she was ready.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mia entered the throne room where Padmé was waiting.

?Your Highness.? Padmé bowed.

?Everything will be alright.?

?I hope so.? Padmé gave her a quick hug. ?Thank you.?

?No, thank you,? Mia told her ?for everything.?

Panaka entered the room followed by the other handmaidens and Qui Gon and Obi-Wan.

?Your Highness. We?ve started our approach.?

?I am ready Captain.?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

They lined up in formation, armed guards flanking them. Taking a deep breath Queen Amidala, surrounded by her entourage, descended the ramp.

--------------------------------------------

Inspiration for this instalment was from 'The Show Must Go On' from Moulin Rouge. The last paragraph seemed to fit from the last 'The show must go on' to the end of the song. You know the bit where Satine walks out of the Moulin Rouge to tell Christian that she is staying with the Duke.

2. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    oh i know that part... the part where i'm screaming at her YOU IDIOT TELL HIM THE TRUTH... DON'T HURT THE CUTIE!!!

ok sorry got excited there

great post... i can't wait to see more

can't believe the story is almost over *sniff*

oh well what i would give to be kissed by obiwan myself...

*thud*

3. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    :eek: LOOK AT ALL THE POSTS I MISSED!!! :_| All well. MR is great help sometimes. I'm trying out for a musical today and right now i'm warming up with music from it. :p

Post mroe soon!

4. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Break a leg!

Sabe126

5. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    The drama is building! Even though it was short, that last post had my heart racing. Eager for more!

Even though "the show must go on," it has to end some time, and it looks like "some time" is going to be soon. :(

I'll be ready for the big finish this weekend.

6. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    I think i would have done better if I broke my leg...I have the worst singing voice. :( All well. UP! :D

7. BriaTharen

BriaTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    hey sorry i havn't been able to keep up. evil sisters took over the computer. great job!!! keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    UP! The boards are working now. :D

9. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    You're building the anticipation up to this scene so well - I can barely take waiting!
    Obi kisses THUD!!! Mia - that lukcy little girlie!

10. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    TJ - the part where i'm screaming at her YOU IDIOT TELL HIM THE TRUTH... tj

I yell that too!

KA - The drama is building! Even though it was short, that last post had my heart racing.

Good, I'm pleased it worked. The next couple of posts are short but there will 2 updates today and tomorrow. Were the boards down earlier? Been at work all day.

KA - I'll be ready for the big finish this weekend

I hope it won't be disappointing! And no one say what they would consider disappointing in case it is the same as what I have written!

BT - great job!!! keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I will try :)

MCK and KA thanks for the up!

FAB - You're building the anticipation up to this scene so well - I can barely take waiting

I hope you can hang on! Please do.

Hands out insurance policies, please sign here. No one can read this without taking a cushion. You might not need it but the way FAB and TJ are going, I don't want to take any chances! :)

Disclaimer: See main disclaimer in Prologue.

Lyrics from Come What May by David Baerwald

Chapter 15 ? Duty
    Part 1 ? Always

?Until the end of time.?

They left the relative safety of the ramp and moved out into the bright sunlight. Two guards in front, followed by the Jedi, then the Queen surrounded by her handmaidens, Panaka walking close to Padmé and around them more Royal guards. They walked quickly across the landing platform and towards the Court.

Mia focused on the entrance. She caught a glimpse of the extra security guard on the roof as they entered the building through a side door. Bypassing the main foyer, they started down a corridor that lead out into the courtyard and beyond that lay the secure waiting area.

They moved swiftly down the corridor still in formation. Mia saw Kenobi look back down the corridor, the force was screaming, something wasn?t right. She was glad of the extra security.

<What extra security?> Qui Gon broke into her thoughts. <Panaka decided against it>

<But the guard on the roof?>

Qui Gon and Obi-Wan exchanged glances as Qui Gon dropped back to tell Panaka.

?We can?t go back, we have to keep moving.?

They could just see the courtyard when the first shots rang out. Obi-Wan and Qui- Gon instantly deflected them but the volume was such that some got past and Rabé fell.

?Rabé!? Padmé went to her aid. Mia saw the look of anguish on Tom?s face as the Royal Guard returned fire. An explosion rocked the corridor, they fell to the ground and everything went black.

Continues later today...

11. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Sabe - you've left me hanging! I hate when you do that - no, really, I don't - "I protest too much." I love your cliffies!
    Looking forward to what you have in store later!!!!!
    Oh, and I've got my cushion all handy!

12. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    *has lovely golden floor pillow handy* all ready

*is now hanging*

eek... a cliffie.. nooooo!!!

need obi to save me :p

13. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Glad to hear you are continuing today, Sabe! That's a finger-nail chewing place to leave it at!! [face_shocked]

14. BriaTharen

BriaTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    evil ciffhangers!!!!!!!!!! ::screams:: help someone help the poor people!!! keep up the good work!

15. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    FAB - I love your cliffies!

I'm pleased to hear it.

Oh, and I've got my cushion all handy!

Good! :)

TJ - need obi to save me

I'll send him right over!

Arwyn - That's a finger-nail chewing place to leave it at!!

Sorry, it just happened like that! Hope you have some nails left you might need them!

BT - evil ciffhangers!!!!!!!!!! ::screams:: help someone help the poor people!!

Help is on it's way but at the moment they have to help themselves!

Here is the next instalment....

Disclaimer: See Disclaimer in Prologue.
    Quote from Moulin Rouge.

Chapter 15 ? Duty
    Part 2 - Visions

?Today?s the day when dreaming ends.?

Obi-Wan was at her side.

?Go!?

?I can?t leave you.?

?You must, you have to stop him or all will be lost.?

Obi-Wan didn?t move.

?Go, don?t let your personal feelings get in the way.?

He turned and deflecting the blaster shots, ran down the corridor towards the courtyard. He disappeared from view as another explosion rocked the building.

<Qui Gon, stay with Padmé.> He nodded. Her cloak was gone but she retrieved the blaster from the debris.

?Move back.? Panaka yelled. He pushed Padmé in front of him. Her visions had been a warning, <Qui Gon!>. Qui Gon easily blocked the shots. But another explosion knocked them to the ground.

--------------------------------------------------------

Mia saw Obi-Wan, he was crouched behind a pillar in the courtyard. He was under a constant stream of fire; his light saber lay useless at his side. He was defenceless and?

-------------------------------------------------------

?Your Highness. Are you alright??

Someone was shaking her. She got groggily to her feet. ?Obi-Wan.? Her hand automatically went to her locket but it was missing, lost in the explosion.

?Your Highness!? It was Tom. ?You have to leave.?

?No,? she pulled away and ignited her light saber.

Tom stared. ?Amé??

?Get the others to safety Tom. Go!?

She knew that she was breaking her mandate to protect the Queen but Obi-Wan needed her. Mia ran down the corridor, light saber blazing????.

Continues tomorrow.

16. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    EEK!!! NOOOOO!!! DARTH CLIFFIES!!!

what next what next

*is left hanging*

ok now i really want obiwan

*pouts*

17. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    That was very evil, Sabe. [face_devil] Now I won't have any finger nails left. Continues tomorrow, you say. All right, I guess I can wait. But not too long. :)

18. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Hey Sabe! You need to stop with the cliff hangers.

Anyways, that's all I had to say. Up!

Oh! Actually one more thing. You better really have another post up tomarrow, or face my wrath! Mwuhahahaha [face_devil]

19. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Sure, she tells Obi-Wan not to let his personal feelings get in the way, then what does she do? That's right, Mia runs off to rescue him. Love always creates contradictions. :)

[hands back signed insurance policy]

Just in case. ;)

The boards were down at about this time yesterday, so I was stuck grinding my teeth in frustration. They were probably down for a few minutes, but by then I had turned my computer off because I had to go into work. Weird work hours, what can a guy do?

20. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    TJ - *is left hanging*

Sorry TJ, hang on for a little longer, the next instalment is coming very soon!

Arwyn - That was very evil, Sabe. Now I won't have any finger nails left.

Sorry!

JB - Hey Sabe! You need to stop with the cliff hangers.

They will stop very soon! Only 4 posts to go! :(

KA - Sure, she tells Obi-Wan not to let his personal feelings get in the way, then what does she do? That's right, Mia runs off to rescue him. Love always creates contradictions.

Yes, it does. But it was something that she had to do.

[hands back signed insurance policy]

Takes signed insurance policy. Thanks! And puts it in a safe place.

Next instalment will be up very shortly, just have to edit it.

Sabe126

21. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Disclaimer: See Prologue.
    Lyrics from ?I?ll Fly Away? from the Moulin Rouge belong to Will Jennings and Joe Sample.

Chapter 15 ? Duty
    Part 3 ? The Assassin

?What more could your love do for me??

Obi-Wan peered round the pillar and ducked back as more blaster fire hit the ground all around him. His light saber lay useless on the ground beside him, he had tried to fix it but it was hopeless. He looked around for anything that he could use to bring down his attacker.

------------------------------------------------------

As the smoke from the explosion had cleared he had entered the courtyard. Immediately he had been under attack from someone on the roof. He had deflected the laser bolts and slowly moved forwards, watching in disbelief as the armoured attacker flew towards him. Then dived out of the way and brought his light saber up, it connected with the warrior?s rocket pack and something exploded. Obi-Wan threw himself out of the way of the blast and called his light saber to his hand but it was damaged. Calling on the force he had dived behind the nearest pillar as deadly laser bolts slammed into it.

-------------------------------------------------------

Mia ran down the corridor, her cover had been blown the moment she ignited her light saber but from Qui Gon she knew that the Queen was safe. Her mission would only be completed if they could bring down their attacker and she would not let Obi-Wan do this alone.

---------------------------------------------------------

There was nothing that he could use; he would have to bring down the attacker himself, that was, if the assassin came near enough. ?Not good? he thought. Then he heard her, <Hold on.>.

<No, keep back>

<Too late!> Mia ran into the courtyard, she was half way across when the assassin turned on her, she blocked the shots as she edged nearer to Obi-Wan. <I can?t keep this up>

<Cover me>

She sent a continuous stream of blaster fire directly at the warrior. Obi-Wan threw himself in front of her, grabbing her light saber and protecting them both as she continued to fire. They sheltered behind the pillar. The top of which was being pounded by blaster fire.

?We have to move.?

Mia stepped away from the pillar, firing as she went; at the moment part of it broke away and fell towards her, she looked up. There was a sudden pain in her shoulder, she had been hit, debris from the pillar hit her in the face but she managed to return fire as Obi-Wan pushed her out of the way as the pillar crashed to the ground.

<Now>. They were hit by falling debris as they dived for cover. Obi-Wan threw himself on top of her, both waited for the expected deadly blaster bolts to hit but the armoured warrior had disappeared. Mia picked herself up as Obi-Wan checked that he had gone.

?Your ok, your ok.? Tears streamed down her face as she threw herself into his arms. They had done it.

?Don?t cry.? He examined her shoulder.

She shook her head. ?It?s ok.?

?How did you know??

?I saw and I had to. I couldn?t leave you.?

They stood in the middle of the smoke filled courtyard, neither able to let go....

Continues later today.

22. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Sabe - very nice! Loved the ATOC lines you managed to work in. Not good and Mia telling Obi not to let his personal feelings get in the way - now we know exactly where Obi got that line from!
    The ending was very sweet! THUD! Don't worry, I've got my cushion!

23. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Oooo... a mysterious, armored asassin with a rocket pack. I wonder who that could be? ;) Nice job sneaking him in there, Sabe.

Eagerly awaiting more.

24. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    i can't wait for more

KA~ weren't you supposed to be reading my story?

sorry trying to hunt down my readers and tell them to read my story so they don't get lost

anyways back to Sabe great post there... very sweet at the end *thud*

NOW WHAT?!

25. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    I'll have more time to read yours when Sabe is done with hers, TJ, even though I'm a bit saddened by the fact that this is ending. :(

It's been fun. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.