main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Duty - Obi Wan AU - Completed 20 Oct. Thank you from the author!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sabe126, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Post 500 is mine!!!! :D

2. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    KA~ i'm sure her brilliance Sabe may either write a new story eventually or write a sequel if we beg :p

PS: i need some obiwan :p

3. BriaTharen

BriaTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    oh no! what is going to happen???

4. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Awww! I have a feeling this won't last very long...

5. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    yeah... me too...

"I have a bad feeling about this"

6. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Jul 5, 2002
    *hits head* Bad reveiwer! HAPPY 500TH!!!

7. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Congrats on 500 posts, Sabe! A nicely-done action post. I could see it all happening before my eyes. Are we really getting close to the end? :( Well, it's been an exciting ride, that's for sure. Glad you took the dive and wrote the story. Looking forward to the next part. :)

8. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    First of all a huge thanks for the 500 posts KA and everyone! Never imagined I would get there and page 21! :)

I'm glad that FAB and TJ still have their cushions!

FAB - now we know exactly where Obi got that line from!

Thanks FAB. I'm glad it worked.

KA - Oooo... a mysterious, armored asassin with a rocket pack. I wonder who that could be? Nice job sneaking him in there, Sabe.

TJ - NOW WHAT

It's coming up!

KA - even though I'm a bit saddened by the fact that this is ending. It's been fun.

Awwww thanks :)

TJ - i'm sure her brilliance Sabe may either write a new story eventually or write a sequel if we beg

Hmmm that is an idea.

BT - oh no! what is going to happen???

Here it is!

MCK - Awww! I have a feeling this won't last very long.

Can't answer that! Read below!

TJ - I have a bad feeling about this!

Where on earth did you get that idea from?! :)

Arwyn - A nicely-done action post. I could see it all happening before my eyes. Are we really getting close to the end? Glad you took the dive and wrote the story.

Thanks! Pillar incident shamelessly copied from AOTC. I'm glad it played out ok. Yes, only 3 posts to go :( I'm glad I took the plunge too. It's been great!

Disclaimer: See Prologue Disclaimer. Quote from Baz Luhrmann?s ?Moulin Rouge.?

Chapter 15 ? Duty
    Part 4 ? Aftermath

?A force darker than jealousy and stronger than love had begun to take hold.?

They clung to each other for a few moments.

?Is everyone ok??

?I think so, Rabé got hit but it?s not too bad. Tom got the others to safety and Qui Gon is with the Queen.?

She smiled up at him. ?What?s so funny?? he asked.

?Did you know how good you look in make up??

He wiped a hand over his face. ?Damn, I thought this stuff wasn?t supposed to run.?

?It?s water proof not battle proof!? She touched her shoulder, the cloth had been burned away and the raw wound was covered in debris. She tried to brush it away.

Smoke billowed from the corridor, alarms still sounded. The armoured warrior had disappeared. But Kenobi could not shake the feeling of danger. They started towards the corridor out back to the landing platform, towards help.

Mia stumbled and nearly knocked him over. ?Hey clumsy, watch it! Stay here.? She nodded, dizzy after the force of the explosions. He climbed over the rubble. ? It looks like the corridor is completely blocked.? He turned back, ?Can?t get out that??

?Mia what is it?? He reached her side, just as she collapsed. As he cradled her in his arms, he saw the panic in her eyes, mirrored his own.

?What?s wrong??

?I can?t breath.?

?Why, what is it??

?I?I?? Realisation flooded through her. Then he understood. ?How? Why??

But there was no time for that. ?Where?s your locket??

?Lost in the explosion?, she whispered. He made a move. Mia gripped his hand.

?Don?t go.?

?I have to find it.?

She shook her head. Through their bond, which was growing weaker every second, he heard her. <There?s no time.>

Obi-Wan looked round for the medics. ?You have to hold on.?

<I?m sorry>

?No, you are going to be alright,? he whispered.

His embrace had been the safest place in the galaxy and one to which she had returned one final time.

<No.> The world blurred and images passed before her eyes, darkness would fall but the light would prevail. He felt the unravelling of their bond.

?Don?t leave me.?

She opened her eyes and wiped the tears from his cheeks. ?I?ll never leave you.?

?I will love you always.?

She smiled. ?I?ll be waiting for you.?

As the life force drained from her eyes Obi-Wan buried his face in her hair and wept.

----------------------------------------------------

As the medics entered the courtyard, he lifted his face from her hair. He shook his head. They were too late. Something on the ground caught his eye; it was a dart.

?Don?t touch it sir?, the medic told him.

Obi-Wan shook his head. It didn?t matter; it was only poisonous to one in a million?

9. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Jul 5, 2002
    *growls* Dooku...

YOU KILLED MIA! NOOOO!!! Can't Obi-Wan ever be HAPPY?!

10. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Damnit, Sabe, you're making me cry :_| and that's really tough to do. Now I really hate Jango Fett. :mad:

The lite humor bit with the make-up really made me think this was going to be a happy post, but it's not.
    :(
    :_|
    Look at me! I'm a wreck!!! :p

Great job of stringing the whole poison sub-plot through the story, by the way. :)

11. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    to quote obi from episode one:
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

poor obi! DAMN THAT JANGO FETT!!! DAMN THAT COUNT DOOKU AND HIS BENT SABER *giggles a bit about "bent" then goes back to whimpering*

obi i'll give you a hug [face_love]!!!!!!

:_| :_| :_|

i can't believe she's gone *sniffs*

and what? epilogue? already?!

12. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    NO! You did not just do that! [face_shocked]. *Reading it again* No, I'm wrong you did. :( Ah, man, that so sad! :_| Poor Mia. Poor Obi-Wan. The poor kid just can't get a break, can he? *sniff*

13. BriaTharen

Sep 29, 2002
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

this must be why obi-wan is so concentrated on trying to separate anakin and padme. ::cries::

14. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Sabe - sniff! Somebody break out the Kleenex's I'm sobbing here! Mia dead - oh and that was heartwrenching - the detail of thier bond slipping away.
    Sniff, sniff, sniff - Anyone else need the Kleenex.
    It was very good however, despite my tears now drenching my key board!

15. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    please pass the kleenex FAB i still crying from reading it earlier :_|

i still think obi needs a hug [face_love]

16. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    *bangs head against cushion provided by insurance policy*

It only dawned on me a short while ago that there was a reason for all of the Moulin Rouge quotes and such. Duty ends almost exactly the same way as Moulin Rouge does!!

Once again, I have to applaud the way you worked around that, Sabe.

17. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    ACK!!! YOU'RE RIGHT Ander...

*smacks forehead* i thought that ending looked familiar!

again i think obi needs a hug [face_love] just like Christian needs a hug [face_love]

18. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    MCK - YOU KILLED MIA! NOOOO!!!
    TJ - "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
    Arwyn - NO! You did not just do that! . *Reading it again* No, I'm wrong you did

Yes, I did. Sorry! :( I came up with the ending straight after I wrote the Prologue back in July. Can't say any more until you have read the Epilogue.

KA - Damnit, Sabe, you're making me cry and that's really tough to do. Now I really hate Jango Fett.

Really? Excellent! JF does get his come uppance!

The lite humor bit with the make-up really made me think this was going to be a happy post, but it's not.

At that point they didn't know that anything was wrong. And after what they had been through they needed a bit of humour.

Look at me! I'm a wreck!!!

Sorry!

Great job of stringing the whole poison sub-plot through the story, by the way.

Thanks! I was hoping that no one would notice that her locket was lost in the explosion and realise that the attacker was Jango Fett and put two and two together. But then again I didn't leave that many clues!

BT - this must be why obi-wan is so concentrated on trying to separate anakin and padme. ::cries:: bt

Yes, he knows the consequences of reckless actions.

FAB - that was heartwrenching - the detail of thier bond slipping away.

Glad you liked that bit.

Have added a clause to the insurance policy - 'the author cannot be held repsonsible for any damage casused by readers crying onto their keyboards.' :)

TJ and KA - *bangs head against cushion provided by insurance policy*

That's a use for the cushion that I hadn't thought of! Relieved I provided it!

It only dawned on me a short while ago that there was a reason for all of the Moulin Rouge quotes and such. Duty ends almost exactly the same way as Moulin Rouge does!!

Yes, it does end in almost exactly the same way as MR does. Sorry Baz! That wasn't the whole reason for the MR quotes, it was just that I love that film and the lyrics sort of seeped into my brain and as this turned into a romance the lyrics suggested ideas.

When I rewatched MR the other day I realised that the last line in the Prologue is almost the same as the beginning of MR 'but from the woman he had loved.' This must have happend subconsciously because I had seen the film so many times.

Once again, I have to applaud the way you worked around that.

Bows. Thank you :)

Part 1 of the Epilogue

Disclaimer: See main disclaimer in Prologue.
    Lyrics from ?Come What May? by David Baerwald
    Quotes in ? ? from Attack of the Clones by George Lucas and Jonathan Hales and The Phantom Menace by George Lucas.

Epilogue
    Part 1 ? Rememberance

?I will love you.?

During Attack of the Clones.

??Your clones are very impressive. You must be very proud.?? Obi-Wan kept his tone neutral as he stood in Jango Fett?s apartment on Kamino.

??Ever make your way as far into the interior as Coruscant???

??Once or twice??? Jango regarded him suspiciously.

??Recently???

??Possibly.?? His gaze fell on the rocket pack in the room behind Obi-Wan.

They both knew when the previous trip had been.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside in the relentless rain, Obi-Wan reported to Master Yoda.

??They are using a bounty hunter named Jango Fett to create a clone army. I have a strong feeling that this bounty hunter is the assassin we?re looking for.??

??Into custody, take this Jango Fett. Bring him here. Question him we will.??

As Obi-Wan ran back to the landing platform to stop Jango Fett, he was relieved that Yoda had ordered that he bring the bounty hunter back to Coruscant. He hoped that he would accomplish this easily as he didn?t know how long he could control his anger, facing Mia?s murderer.

When he and Anakin had seen Jango fly away, as the assassin Zam Wessel died in his arms, his feelings had threatened to overwhelm him and he had banished all thoughts of Mia to the back of his mind.

Consumed by grief, Obi-Wan had not questioned that the dart that killed Mia could n

19. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Awwww. Very sad, but very well done, Sabe. I was wondering how you'd get Qui-Gon out of the way and make Obi-Wan Anakin's master, and you summed it up very well in those few short paragraphs.

Obi-Wan just can't get a break, can he?

20. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Jul 5, 2002
    NO! YOU KILLED QUI!!! Can't Obi have a LITTLE bit of happiness? Grrr...

All well, I thought the appearence of Mia at the end was sweet. I will riot if I don't get the last part soon.

21. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    yet another great post

poor obi :_|

i still think he needs a hug [face_love]

22. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Wonderful Sabe, truly wonderful! I'm glad Obi is at least able to feel Mia through their bond through the other side!

23. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    You left us with some hope for happiness for poor Obi-Wan. He reached out to touch her but coming out of the meditation he was reaching out to the empty air. Touching their bond once more however, for the first time in a year his soul found peace. That was very lovely. :) This has been a wonderful journey, Sabe, filled with laughter, romance, danger and sorrow. So glad you wrote it :) Looking forward to the final post.

24. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Ah! Good of you to point that out, Arwyn. I agree.

25. BriaTharen

Sep 29, 2002
    poor obi wan. everything seems to happen to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.