main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Duty - Obi Wan AU - Completed 20 Oct. Thank you from the author!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sabe126, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    KA - Awwww. Very sad, but very well done

Thanks. Obviously there was no threat to Palpy's life and he was behind the attack. Can't have Qui Gon standing between him and the chosen one, also as you pointed out had to get back to the events of AOTC.

MCK - NO! YOU KILLED QUI!!! Can't Obi have a LITTLE bit of happiness? Grrr...

No!

I will riot if I don't get the last part soon

It will be posted tomorrow.

Thanks TJ, once Obi has finished appearing in this I will send him over to you! :)

FAB - Wonderful Sabe, truly wonderful! I'm glad Obi is at least able to feel Mia through their bond through the other side.

Thanks FAB. :) At his lowest moment I thought that somehow she would be able to reach him.

Arwyn - Touching their bond once more however, for the first time in a year his soul found peace. That was very lovely. This has been a wonderful journey, Sabe, filled with laughter, romance, danger and sorrow. So glad you wrote it.

Have been grinning like a maniac since I read your comment! :) Thank you!

BT - everything seems to happen to him

Yes, it does but it would be a very boring universe if it didn't! :)

As you will have guessed the personal victory for Obi-Wan was Mace's killing of Jango.

I thought that there could be more behind the confrontation in Jango's apartment between him and Obi-Wan, than, I know it was you who hired Zam and I know that you know that I hired Zam. That was such a great scene. That's where I got Jango as the assasin from, if he had done it in AOTC he could have done it before.

Final instalment tomorrow!

Sabe126

2. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Up! Final instalment coming very soon!

Sabe126

3. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Dedicated to Arwyn, KA, JB, MCK, FAB, TJ and BT.

Disclaimer: See main disclaimer in Prologue.

Lyrics from ?Come What May? by David Baerwald

Epilogue
    Part 2 ? Remembrance

Just after Attack of the Clones.

?Until my dying day.?

Obi-Wan walked through the Palace gardens. He was making a final visit to Naboo. The growing turmoil in the galaxy and the deployment of the clone troopers meant that Anakin had to return to the Temple.

He paused at the memorial garden remembering the anniversary service and the brush of her lips on his cheek. Then took their favourite path to the waterfalls, this time Mia was all around him and he could finally rejoice in the memories of what they had shared. He no longer walked alone; Mia would be with him always.

The whole mission had reawakened his memories of her. Master Sifo-Dyas, Jango Fett and the Senator from Naboo. All had reminded him of what had happened on Coruscant and when Anakin had faced the same choice, he had not faltered.

He remembered what she had taught him and at the end of his life he would do the same.

----------------------------------------------

Obi-Wan arrived at the Retreat. Captain Typho had told him that Anakin and Padmé had been there for the previous week. He had masked his force signature so that Anakin would not know that he was on Naboo. His visit had been a private one. There was no sign of either of them, so he settled down on the terrace to wait?

The End.

--------------------------------------------

Wow, that's it! Finished :) and :(

It's been great! Still haven't worked out why during the summer I had to write a 15000 words dissertation, I decided to write another 40000 for this fan fic!

It's a mystery! If I pass my masters I will raise a glass to you guys. :)

As I have said before writing this probably kept me sane and all your wonderful comments, feedback and encouragement kept me smiling! :)

A huge thanks to Arwyn, you've been there since before the beginning. You convinced me to post this.

KA and JB you have both been there since the beginning and especially KA has been there through thick and thin. Much appreciated!

MCK and FAB - You have been among our strongist supporters! MCK - you encouraged me to add more angst! FAB - without you there would never have been as many Obi-Wan wet scenes! ;)

TJ and BT - Thanks for reading and for your excellent feedback!

You might have noticed that increasing references to past events in the later instalments. There is a reason for this! In the Star Wars tradition there is going to be a prequel.

As Eirtae said 'Obi-Wan's been a part of your life for what three years?'

I realised that I didn't want to let these characters go and since I cannot go forward I will go back.

Haven't thought of a title yet and although I have written some of it I haven't written the beginning. So, hopefully it should appear sometime this week or next weekend. I don't think I will be able to post every day, it depends on my muse.

I will add the link to my sig. If anyone wants to pop by they will be most welcome! :)

Thanks again! :)

Sabe126

PS. JB - since the story has now finished please let me know what happened in your dream version!

4. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    :_| IT'S OVER!!! NOOOO!!! :( Such a good fic...I keep thinking that Anakin will come out of Padme's room, look at Obi-Wan and just say "MASTER! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

I'm glad to be one of your strongest supporters. Never go light on the angst: People here read angst like it's goin out of style. :p And here is an up....UP!

5. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    MCK has got a clever idea there in having Obi surprise Anakin. :)

Well, it has been a fantastic journey, Sabe, and I'm glad I went. Very nice final post and good luck with the prequel. I'll be there the moment you put it up. :D

*raises provided beverage*

And here's to you hopefully passing your masters.

May the Force be with you.

6. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Sabe - Bravissimo! Truly wonderful, simply enchanting, deliciously romantic and warmly heartbreaking - that was a purly fabulous story. I've enjoyed following it so much! And all though the allure of wet Obi's kept me entertained it was your writing and the character you created in Mia that kept me coming back post after post! Thank you for bringing such characters to life and creating such a beautiful world for all of us to enjoy!
    I'll be here for your next story when you post it!

7. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    great ending there... i cannot wait for your next story...

*sighs* so it's over... so i have one less distraction from my own story (main reason i'm distracted is cause i have to write battle and that may take a while)

*hugs around and passes around some kinda beverage that everyone would like*

and i still think obi needs a hug [face_love]

8. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Well done, Sabe! A lovely ending to a lovely, haunting tale of love and duty and sacrifice. Glad you took the time from your dissertation to write it and good luck with that and on getting your Master's. :) Looking forward to your next journey into that wondrous galaxy, far, far away. :D

9. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    and i still think obi needs a hug

I SECOND THAT!

10. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    It's over! But ya know, I'm not all that sad. I mean, since you killed Mia there wasn't much left for Obi to do.

This was an awesomely amazing story Sabe!

And here's a run down on what I can remember of my dream.

Ok, this story is basically the same up to the point when I left the reply. Mia hadn't died yet, there hadn't been a trial, all that stuff. We already know that by now Mia and Obi are completely in love, but they don't take the jump, they don't let their feelings show too much. Well, in my version they do, but it's not until after Episode II time. And then Obi and Mia secretly get married(the jedi don't know). But then Mia gets pregnant, and then they have to leave the jedi(causing a lot of trouble), and go into hiding. I don't know why they have to go into hiding, I woke up before then :) . Well, Obi takes Mia to a friends (kinda like Padme going to Alderran to stay with Bail) and leaves her there to have their baby. He then has to go somewhere, but she doesn't want him to go, she's scared that he'll get killed. He leaves and Mia has the baby, and....

Sorry I woke up about then. It all sounded kind of Anakin and Padme liked didn't it. I think that maybe this would make a good plot bunny for someone(assuming they make up their own character of course), but hey, who knows. Maybe I'll expand it and write a story. But you know that I'd never steal Mia from you Sabe, just remember that. :)

Well, there you have it. A run down of my dream. .:looks around and shrugs shoulders:. Hey, you asked for it.

P.S. Someone mentioned that they thought Obi needed a hug. Well, I agree, everything bad happens to him. If only he could get a full day of happiness (complete happiness, not just mostly).

I can't wait for a prequel to this, if you decide to really do one.

11. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    *raises hand* that was me... i was the one that said obi needed a hug!!!

ps: if you wanna read another obi fic, mine is a good one... it's more centered around my OC but she's pretty kewl and sassy hehe... and i'm proud of her banter with obiwan when he comes into the fic...

ok... while I UP i had to do a shameless plug...

i know i'm bad [face_devil]

12. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    New day! This story needs an up for the day!

13. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    MCK - Such a good fic...I keep thinking that Anakin will come out of Padme's room, look at Obi-Wan and just say "MASTER! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

Thanks MCK. That is what I had in mind. Anakin and Padme are out frolicking in another meadow and arrive back at the Retreat and who do they find sitting there waiting for them, not yet knowing that they got married? Obi-Wan! I think that Anakin's reaction would be exactly what you suggested! :)

Never go light on the angst:

I promise I won't!

KA - Well, it has been a fantastic journey, Sabe, and I'm glad I went. Very nice final post and good luck with the prequel. I'll be there the moment you put it up.

Thanks KA and I'm glad you decided to come along. Prequel should be up this week!

And here's to you hopefully passing your masters.

Thank you :)

Sabe - Bravissimo! Truly wonderful, simply enchanting, deliciously romantic and warmly heartbreaking - that was a purly fabulous story. I've enjoyed following it so much!

WOW! Thank you for the compliments! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

And all though the allure of wet Obi's kept me entertained

It was my pleasure! ;)

it was your writing and the character you created in Mia that kept me coming back post after post! Thank you for bringing such characters to life and creating such a beautiful world for all of us to enjoy!

Awww thanks. I'm pleased that she came across ok.

I'll be here for your next story when you post it.

Excellent! And thanks for the up!

TJ - great ending there... i cannot wait for your next story...

Thanks TJ! It will be here soon!

Arwyn - Well done, Sabe! A lovely ending to a lovely, haunting tale of love and duty and sacrifice.

Thank you so much!

good luck with getting your Master's.

Thanks again!

JB - This was an awesomely amazing story Sabe!

Thank you!

Mia hadn't died yet, there hadn't been a trial, all that stuff. We already know that by now Mia and Obi are completely in love, but they don't take the jump, they don't let their feelings show too much. Well, in my version they do, but it's not until after Episode II time. And then Obi and Mia secretly get married(the jedi don't know). But then Mia gets pregnant, and then they have to leave the jedi(causing a lot of trouble), and go into hiding. I don't know why they have to go into hiding, I woke up before then . Well, Obi takes Mia to a friends (kinda like Padme going to Alderran to stay with Bail) and leaves her there to have their baby. He then has to go somewhere, but she doesn't want him to go, she's scared that he'll get killed. He leaves and Mia has the baby, and....

WOW! What a dream and a very interesting path. Part of me didn't want to kill Mia off and regrets it but she had to die so that Obi Wan would remember what happened and to help Anakin in the decision he had to make on Geonisis.

I would love to read your version. It would be so sad! Thanks for telling me! Was it a boy or a girl? Also it would be interesting to see that Obi and Ani both take the same path but Ani falls from the light.

Maybe I'll expand it and write a story. But you know that I'd never steal Mia from you Sabe, just remember that.

If you want to take the story down another route at any time, please do. You can borrow Mia.

I can't wait for a prequel to this, if you decide to really do one.

There is going to be a prequel, it is half written and will be up soon!

Thanks again everyone! :)

Sabe126

14. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    I'm finally getting around to reading the stories linked in the Theed Palace thread.

This story was very sweet and sad, Sabe. And if in the right mood, I'm a sucker for tragedy. ;)

15. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Thank you for your nominations for ?Mia? in ?Duty? for ?Readers? Choice Female Original Character in Leading Role. Got through to the voting stage!

So, thank you! :)

Sabe126

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.