main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Duty (Obi-Wan/Sabe, Anakin/Padme, Post AotC)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina_Solo_15, Oct 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    Title: Duty
    Author(s): Jaina_Solo_15
    Timeframe: Post AotC
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Sabe, Anakin Skywalker, Padme Nabierre
    Genre: Vignette
    Keywords:
    Summary: Obi-Wan goes looking for his errant Padawan and finds something else instead.
    Notes: This is sort of a companion piece to Jaya Solo's Ouch!, and written entirely with her permission...or maybe it was a curse. We just keep trading these sithly bunnies back and forth. :p Thank you, Jaya. :)

[b][u]Duty[/u][/b]

"What a surprise to find you here, Master Jedi," Sabe said smoothly.

Years of pretending to be the queen had given her the ability to lie smoothly and without the slightest physical tell. Lying to a Jedi Master was something a little different, though, and not anything that she did lightly. Hopefully Obi-Wan would be too distracted by his search for his errant Padawan to notice her lie. After all, she was only doing what her Lady had asked of her.

Obi-Wan Kenobi bowed to her with less grace than usual. "My Lady Sabe," he said formally, "I'm sorry to interrupt unannounced, but I was wondering if you had seen my Padawan. He mentioned that he had business in the Senate this morning."

Sabe stifled a giggle. She would hardly call it business in the Senate. Padme had barely been able to remember her own name earlier that morning, before Anakin arrived. And that was why Sabe would buy them every free moment that she could. Her friend had been forced to grow up at a very young age.

"Anakin Skywalker?" she questioned, assuming a thoughtful look, and then reconsidered. "Please come inside, Master Kenobi." She gestured to the elaborate gown, hairstyle and makeup that she worse. "As you can see, I'm the Senator today. It would arouse suspicions if I were seen talking to you in the hallway. Please come into my office."

The last sentence was spoken in a slight louder voice in case someone really did happen to be listening.

"Certainly, Senator Amidala. Thank you for sparing me a moment of your busy day," Obi-Wan played along.

The hint of mischief that Sabe saw in Obi-Wan's eyes as he stepped inside surprised her...and almost made her blush. His eyes were so very blue.

"M'lady?" Obi-Wan's voice was a bit concerned. "We were discussing my missing Padawan?"

Sabe regained her mental footing with the quick change of subject. "Have you tried his comm. link?" she suggested innocently.

For a moment, she thought he looked irritated, and then his features smoothed into the patient Jedi mask again. "I have, m'lady. He's not answering." The last was said with more than a little frustration.

"Ah, I see," she said tactfully. She paused and then added, "And please don't call me ?m'lady.? It makes me look over my shoulder for Padme," she said mischievously.

"I stand corrected," Obi-wan sketched a bow, "m'lady."

Sabe blinked. That certainly wasn't the response that she had expected from the proper Obi-Wan Kenobi. Perhaps he was enjoying his visit here to such for his Padawan as much as she was. Having a little bit of fun was not encouraged for handmaidens or Jedi, but it couldn't hurt.

She chose to ignore his comment and turned her back on him, walking further into the cavernous space that was the Senator's office on Coruscant. Sabe took a seat on one of the conformable hover couches.

"Do have a seat, Master Jedi."

"I'm afraid that I can't," he said softly. "My padawan..."

"Ah, yes, Anakin..."

Obi-Wan looked at her piercingly. "I take it from your silence that
    you haven't seen my Padawan?"

Sabe blinked and decided that she had stalled Obi-Wan long enough. She couldn?t risk delaying any longer and chance having Anakin and Padme return. ?I haven?t seen your Padawan this morning. If he does come by the Senator?s offices, I?ll be sure to comm. you and let you know.?

Obi-Wan started to rise and then stopped in mid motion. ?Respectfully, M?lady, I don?t believe

2. pink_saber_girl

pink_saber_girl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 9, 2005
    Oh! That was SO good! I wish it was more than a one shot. Well, if t his makes any difference, I think you should expand it. I want to hear what happened with Obi Wan and Sabe. Again, good work!

3. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Aww... That was cute!

I loved the encounter at the beginning; it was very sweet, having them bump into each other...

Did Obi ask Sabe on a date? ;)

It a shame that this is a Viggie, because I'm sure that they're date would have been engaging.

=D=

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! I agree with your other readers, this would make a great longer story! Hint, hint. ;)

5. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    I think I feel plot bunnies breeding... do you feel it too, Padawan? Once you walk the path of the sithly plot bunnies, forever it will dominate your destiny.

It is your destiny.

[face_batting] Maybe you should write more, padawan dear. [face_batting] I'm writing a Siriwan piece for you. [face_batting] Teehee.

Great job. It's fun to see how this fic was inspired by my fic.
    Sabe stared after the Jedi Master who had always intrigued her. Padme had been the one who had admitted to having a crush on him years ago, but she had hardly been immune to his charm herself. She stared after him blankly for a moment. Surely he couldn?t be proposing what she thought he was?
    I'm guessing that part is the fault of my story that you made me write. We should combine forces and write silly stories with all of the padawans. I write a part, you write a part, they each write parts... etc.

Great job. Perhaps we'll see more? [face_batting]

6. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    This is SO good! You mustn't stop there. [face_batting]

The interaction between Obi and Sabe was so sweet. Obi-wan was perfectly in character. Blue eyes can make even the strongest gal go weak in the knees. hehe

7. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Intriguing indeed....I'm afraid we may need more to this story....But only if you feel the need, of course...

8. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    pink_saber_girl: Oh! That was SO good! I wish it was more than a one shot. Well, if t his makes any difference, I think you should expand it. I want to hear what happened with Obi Wan and Sabe. Again, good work!

Thanks. :D Well, I am considering expanding, I was just having trouble doing that and keeping Obi-Wan in character. We'll see.

Yodan: Aww... That was cute!

Thank you! :)

Did Obi ask Sabe on a date?

He did...sort of. ;)

VaderLVR64: Loved it! I agree with your other readers, this would make a great longer story! Hint, hint.

Thank you! :D Heh...well, everyone does seem to think that I need to expand this. Maybe I'll write a sequel viggie.

Jaya: I think I feel plot bunnies breeding... do you feel it too, Padawan? Once you walk the path of the sithly plot bunnies, forever it will dominate your destiny.

It is your destiny.

Do you have to sound so happy about it, Jaya dear? :p

Maybe you should write more, padawan dear. I'm writing a Siriwan piece for you. Teehee.

But...but I'm writing J/Z for you...shouldn't that count? [face_crying]

Great job. It's fun to see how this fic was inspired by my fic.
    Sabe stared after the Jedi Master who had always intrigued her. Padme had been the one who had admitted to having a crush on him years ago, but she had hardly been immune to his charm herself. She stared after him blankly for a moment. Surely he couldn?t be proposing what she thought he was?
    I'm guessing that part is the fault of my story that you made me write. We should combine forces and write silly stories with all of the padawans. I write a part, you write a part, they each write parts... etc.

Yeah, it was kinda cool how your fic gave me this plot bunny. :D I really enjoyed writing this and maybe we can do a group writing project some time. Just don't start giving me any more plot bunnies! :p

MirandaFair: The interaction between Obi and Sabe was so sweet. Obi-wan was perfectly in character. Blue eyes can make even the strongest gal go weak in the knees. hehe

I'm glad you thought Obi was in character. I was trying really hard for that. And I definitely agree about those blue eyes. [face_love]

Jaira: Intriguing indeed....I'm afraid we may need more to this story....But only if you feel the need, of course...

Glad you liked it. I am indeed considering writing more. :)

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?Perhaps some time when we both happen to be on Coruscant and have an available afternoon, we could meet to discuss ?duty???

Was the generally reserved Obi-Wan Kenobi flirting with Sabe?

I'd love to see a follow up of their...uh...meeting (hint, hint)

Great job on this!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I'd love to see this expanded too.

This was a really cute viggie.:)

11. HanSoloIsSoCute

HanSoloIsSoCute Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    That was really good! I liked it! I've always thought Obi-Wan was quite hot myself. Would there perhaps be a sequel, or is that just wishful thinking? :D

12. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    That was fun seeing Obi-Wan flirting and less reserved that usual. I could see the sparkle in his eyes! More would be great!

13. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Sabewan... [face_love] I loved how it was so unexpected for both of them. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.