main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Duty of the Jedi Opening Crawl.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Lyrael, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Lyrael, of course you can use my crawl. Credit me as Adam Bertocci. :)

I understand why you struck the words "unbeknownst to all, even the Chancellor"--I realize it's a bit wordy, though I think it's important--but I don't think you should add the word "unusual" with "disturbance in the Force". That's implying that there's such a thing as a USUAL disturbance in the Force.

Rick McCallum loves you!

2. Lyrael

Lyrael Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    ok thanx.

your right, and its sound alittlebit weird to.

3. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Hmm...odd that it doesn't let you download. Well that's GeoCities for you.

Anyway here's what I did:

*Made a 'rolling' title using TitleDeko (it's supplied with Premiere 6) over a black/starry background. Accept it and return to Premiere.
    *In the timeline, what you need to do is increase it to a length at which the text moves slow enough to read.
    *In the Video effects list, choose the Perspective section > Basic 3D.
    *Move the 'Tilt' marker left to tilt the writing. You mustn't move it further than -50 (actually I'm not sure what it is) because that actually turns the crawl inside out.
    *Once this is done you will have the crawl you want. Now export it.

That should be it. Of course remember to make your title in yellow, and I used plain Arial of around size 42.

4. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Wow there is a basic 3D filter in Premiere 6 ?! It's becoming After FX ! ;)

Well... I am working on a tutorial, about how to make a crawl in Premiere 5.1 and less. It would be much easier if I had a perspective > basic 3D filter, but I'm getting close to the effect. :)

5. Tho Yor

Nov 27, 2001
    Yeah, one of Premiere 6's most advertised features on adobe.com is the fact that it has lots of selected filters from AE. Now, if only it did, as you say, 'become' After Effects....

Wow if you're able to do it without the Basic 3D thingy that will be quite cool. I started a tutorial for v6 users, but I think they're in the minority compared to users of 5.1 and earlier (I only got v6 for my birthday this March).

6. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Well yeah, I am planning on writing basically two tutorials for Premiere 5.1 and less. That's because every time I see a new member asking "how do I do this ?", people usually answer "you'll need this program. Costs $4.000."

I have been randomly working on this tut lately (final exams here), but when I get the effect right (and as I said, I'm pretty close to it), I think it will be a nice addition to the tutorials we already got here. Anyway, the more the better ! :)

7. Tho Yor

Nov 27, 2001
    OK, that sounds good. I admire how everybody in this forum wants to help each other, unlike in the AOTC forum where nobody does anything but flame each other.

8. Lyrael

May 22, 2002
    yes. hate places were everyone just flames you for asking a newbie question. Ok perhaps its okej for people to get angry when they heard it a tousand times before.

9. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Chevalier-mal-Fet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2002
    It might be a little off-topic here, but I couldn't help thinking 'A Jedi's gotta do what a Jedi's gotta do' when I read the name of the topic, lol... I don't know if anyone else here saw the Star Wars Gangsta Rap deal though.

Sorry for the interruption.

10. althegreat

althegreat Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    STAR WARS

DUTY OF THE JEDI

The galazy is in an immense state of turmoil. A crisis has stricken a remote corner of the GALACTIC REPUBLIC. The Trade Federation has blockaded the Naboo system and stopped all shipping.

The Supreme Chancellor has already responded by surreptitiously dispatching two JEDI KNIGHTS to negotiate with the Federation.

Unbeknownst to all, even to the Chancellor, on the same starship are another two Jedi Knights sent by the Jedi Council to investigate a disturbance in the Force sensed by Master Yoda....

gotta have the opening sentence. :D

11. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Chevalier-mal-Fet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2002
    Just read the repost of the crawl and here's some more on-topic comments...

1) 'The galazy'? :p

2) In the first paragraph, it is stated that the Trade Federation has 'blockaded the Naboo system' - not only that, but it has 'stopped all shipping.' Sounds a bit redundant; I'd certainly HOPE the blockade had stopped all shopping, or it wouldn't be much a blockade, wouldn't it? ;)

3) You capitalise Jedi Knights in the second paragraph, but not the third. I'm not sure if they've ever repeated a capitalised phrase in the same crawl, and if they did, whether or not they capitalised the subsequent occurences, but this just looks weird.

4) 'Unbeknownst to all...' - even the Jedi Council, who sent these two Jedi out? Hmm. *sees Jedi Council members walking up to each other and waving their hands* "You do not need to remember this meeting."

Sorry if I seem a bit biting; used to be an editor for one of the school's creative writing magazines, so I tend to be straightforward when editing. The storyline itself sounds intriguing. :)

12. Lyrael

May 22, 2002
    Stopping all shipping to the planet is what the crawl says in Ep1 crawl and im speaking of the same thing. Stopping all shoppings sound very wierd. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.